Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78
  1. #71
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    My rebate check is going to paying off my taxes for this year
    You are not alone.

  2. #72
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    My rebate did the same thing most people's rebate checks will do ... paid off debt ... that will not stimulate the economy.

  3. #73
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    IMO & it is MO, I believe those WMD were there initially. The problem was we gave them so much heads up of a notice that we were coming, several weeks in fact, that they had ample time to move them or hide them before we were finally allowed to come in there & even begin to search for them.

    Now, if in fact there were never any WMD there, yet we know Chemical Ali was using them on his own people, I would still have rather gone in there & found out there were no WMD, than not go in there at all & find out afterwards & perhaps after another attack on the USA that there were
    in fact WMD there.
    If we can find Saddam in a little jiggly butt hole then we can find some bombs in Iraq. I would imagine he sold them off knowing we would come looking for them or hid them in another country.
    Saudi Arabia is where I feel they hid /took them. We couldn't find Saddam until we put a huge price tag on his head & somebody ratted him out.

    There's a lot of sand over there & it wouldn't be to difficult to hide them under the sand. Hell, they hid planes under it.
    Got to love it. We sit in a decline in economic activity spread across the economy and all Bush wants to do is put more money into the war. Oh wait I'm sorry, yes Mr. Bush thank you for that meaningless "economic stimulus check". Maybe we should put a price on finding those weapons of mass destruction too.
    Yes.
    Grand idea.

    Lets stop the war, pull all our troops back and get them home to their families.
    And watch in 5-10 years (if that) Iran and Russia take over Iraq, silently becoming a super power.
    Then another completely innocent president will have to take the fall for the 'lack of homeland security'.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=litlharsh link=topic=45062.msg780836#msg780836 date=1211160850]
    [quote author=6-KINGS link=topic=45062.msg780827#msg780827 date=1211158825]
    I support the war, the soldiers and America's right to kill all the ragheads who want to kill Americans.
    Real simple. I stand with my Country in times of war. There we're people against every war we have ever fought. Most of America just ignores them.
    ahahha I have to ask: are you serious?
    Sadly I think he is.
    Some people are straight up delusional.
    Oops I meant sadly I think he is.
    ha yeah i decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    question: i'm going to presume racist slurs like ni*** aren't allowed here, but why is this guy allowed to use the term ragheads? I'm muslim and to be honest it doesn't offend me because of the sheer stupidity of the poster, but the double standard is present...
    [/quote]

    I have been trying to find this out myself. I reported it but who knows if anything was done. I would hope that he was talked to about that disgusting comment. One of my good friends is Muslim and it offended me.
    [/quote]
    Read the entire context he put 'raghead' in.
    While I personally wouldn't have used any slur myself.. (I first typed slut..
    HAHA!)
    He was basically saying any Muslim that wants to kill Americans.
    Face it, there are extremist Muslims that think America and everyone in it is the devil, and want to kill us all in the worse possible ways.
    6-KINGS was just saying, poorly might I add, that he supports the war to rid those extremists.

    If one wants to not be offended, they might as well live in a cave in the middle of nowhere..
    Like it or not people, there will be many times you will feel offended.
    The best way to avoid it is to either bury your head or grow thicker skin.

    I'm talk debating this crap with you people..
    Unless called out, in which case, if you get offended, not my fault.
    While I disagree with alot of political/personal views, I respect you guys/gals too much as Viking fans to piss any of you off.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  4. #74
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    Omg that was so funny... ROFL!!! ;D ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #75
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    "Formo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    IMO & it is MO, I believe those WMD were there initially. The problem was we gave them so much heads up of a notice that we were coming, several weeks in fact, that they had ample time to move them or hide them before we were finally allowed to come in there & even begin to search for them.

    Now, if in fact there were never any WMD there, yet we know Chemical Ali was using them on his own people, I would still have rather gone in there & found out there were no WMD, than not go in there at all & find out afterwards & perhaps after another attack on the USA that there were
    in fact WMD there.
    If we can find Saddam in a little jiggly butt hole then we can find some bombs in Iraq. I would imagine he sold them off knowing we would come looking for them or hid them in another country.
    Saudi Arabia is where I feel they hid /took them. We couldn't find Saddam until we put a huge price tag on his head & somebody ratted him out.

    There's a lot of sand over there & it wouldn't be to difficult to hide them under the sand. Hell, they hid planes under it.
    Got to love it. We sit in a decline in economic activity spread across the economy and all Bush wants to do is put more money into the war. Oh wait I'm sorry, yes Mr. Bush thank you for that meaningless "economic stimulus check". Maybe we should put a price on finding those weapons of mass destruction too.
    Yes.
    Grand idea.

    Lets stop the war, pull all our troops back and get them home to their families.
    And watch in 5-10 years (if that) Iran and Russia take over Iraq, silently becoming a super power.
    Then another completely innocent president will have to take the fall for the 'lack of homeland security'.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=litlharsh link=topic=45062.msg780836#msg780836 date=1211160850]
    [quote author=6-KINGS link=topic=45062.msg780827#msg780827 date=1211158825]
    I support the war, the soldiers and America's right to kill all the ragheads who want to kill Americans.
    Real simple. I stand with my Country in times of war. There we're people against every war we have ever fought. Most of America just ignores them.
    ahahha I have to ask: are you serious?
    Sadly I think he is.
    Some people are straight up delusional.
    Oops I meant sadly I think he is.
    ha yeah i decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    question: i'm going to presume racist slurs like ni*** aren't allowed here, but why is this guy allowed to use the term ragheads? I'm muslim and to be honest it doesn't offend me because of the sheer stupidity of the poster, but the double standard is present...
    I have been trying to find this out myself. I reported it but who knows if anything was done. I would hope that he was talked to about that disgusting comment. One of my good friends is Muslim and it offended me.
    [/quote]
    Read the entire context he put 'raghead' in.
    While I personally wouldn't have used any slur myself.. (I first typed slut..
    HAHA!)
    He was basically saying any Muslim that wants to kill Americans.
    Face it, there are extremist Muslims that think America and everyone in it is the devil, and want to kill us all in the worse possible ways.
    6-KINGS was just saying, poorly might I add, that he supports the war to rid those extremists.

    If one wants to not be offended, they might as well live in a cave in the middle of nowhere..
    Like it or not people, there will be many times you will feel offended.
    The best way to avoid it is to either bury your head or grow thicker skin.

    I'm talk debating this crap with you people..
    Unless called out, in which case, if you get offended, not my fault.
    While I disagree with alot of political/personal views, I respect you guys/gals too much as Viking fans to piss any of you off.

    [/quote]
    the problem with all of this is that we are not ridding the world of extremist as much as we are iraqi civilians and american soliders.
    what a good share of americans think or like to believe is that america is over there killing terrorist but in reality iraqi civilians who we are liberating are the ones getting car bombed in public markets on a daily basis.
    but we dont care about them cuz they aren't american. the abundance of deaths that we are apart of causing to civilians is not an important fact over here.
    but if you ask me, they are people too, and it would be interesting to know how great they feel about the chaos that would ensue if we were to leave.
    as you heard in a bunch of that genius oreillys videos, its about things getting stable.
    is that a win for us, things becoming stable?
    and what's considered stable?
    and how long will that stablity stay in place?
    fact is none of these questions will get answered and either we are there forever, or they will spin the situation to make it seem as if it's good enough to get out of for and chaos will resume anyway.


    so basically policy dictates what soldiers have to do, but becuz they signed up to fight for their country they can not think, or any american for that matter that the policy is idiotic and causing more harm then good.
    so soldiers should become robots and have no thought process whatsoever cuz goverment officials make so many good decisions and never screw up something as important as war.
    not only am i completely justified in being against the war cuz i care about the welfare of the soldiers AND iraqis and i want the least amount of damage to be done if at all possible, but the soldiers themselves are deserving more than anyone to state their opinions about the war cuz they are seeing it first hand.
    and that dick oreilly who has the nerve to question that iraqi war veteran about his loyalty in that 2nd or 3rd video posted here is the kinda thing that should sicken americans.
    not people being anti-iraqi war.
    i think the cat is already outta the bag about that already don't you think, i mean what's the war approval rating about now?
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  6. #76
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    What a good share of americans think or like to believe is that america is over there killing terrorist but in reality iraqi civilians who we are liberating are the ones getting car bombed in public markets on a daily basis.
    It's the extremists who are doing the car bombing, not the Americans. That is who we are trying to rid the country of.

    You try to make it sound like the only ones getting killed there are Americans & civilians.

    Do you have any kill ratios to back that up?

    Do you honestly believe that if the Americans pull out, the car bombings will stop & no more civillians will get killed?

    Do you honestly believe there were no car bombings & innocent civilians getting killed before we even set foot in that place?

    Freedom comes with a price, it always has. Whether it is our own or our allies.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #77
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    "singersp" wrote:
    What a good share of americans think or like to believe is that america is over there killing terrorist but in reality iraqi civilians who we are liberating are the ones getting car bombed in public markets on a daily basis.
    It's the extremists who are doing the car bombing, not the Americans. That is who we are trying to rid the country of.

    You try to make it sound like the only ones getting killed there are Americans & civilians.

    Do you have any kill ratios to back that up?

    Do you honestly believe that if the Americans pull out, the car bombings will stop & no more civillians will get killed?

    Do you honestly believe there were no car bombings & innocent civilians getting killed before we even set foot in that place?

    Freedom comes with a price, it always has. Whether it is our own or our allies.
    Exactly, well said.

    If the Americans leave at this point there will be complete anarchy over there.
    All the "innocent" people will be getting slaughtered for differing religious beliefs.
    Having American soldiers on the ground is the only thing preventing this mass violence and complete civil war.
    Sure, civilians are dying in Iraq.
    What some people seem to miss is how many civilians are being SAVED because of American troops being there.

    Those against the Iraq war like to call themselves humanitarians.
    They seem to believe that war is always less humane then any other alternative.
    In this case, in Iraq, that is not true.
    More people would be dying without the troops then are dying with them.
    What it really comes down to is American humanitarianism.
    That is, we don't want Americans to die.
    It has nothing to do with people, or humans, it's Americans as if an American life is now more valuable then an Iraqi life.
    Sure, pull out now.
    Maybe we save 1000 or 2000 American soldiers lives... at what cost?
    10000 Iraqis, 20000, 100000?

    The world is a better and safer place now that Saddam is gone.
    America has a job to finish because we are the only country in the world who can.
    After that, God help North Korea and Iran because no one else will.

    As for the economics talk.
    Tell me, how is it any different if the Government pays Northrop Grumman, ITT, BAE Systems, General Dynamics, United Technologies, or any of the other defense contractors money for bullets, bombs, and other weapons then spending it anywhere else?
    Just because the weapons get used in Iraq doesn't mean they are purchased there.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  8. #78
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

    See how much fun politics can be guys? There hasn't been too much flaming (other than me doing it ha) here either.

    There never was a credible threat to the United States from Iraq, and the incredible waste of money and lives trying to pursue an irrelevant end is what irritates me most. Yes, Saddam was a terrible person, yes he killed many of his own people under a brutal regime. However, the United States has more pressing priorities, most notably its own people, than to play world police and interventionist.

    And it's going to take a while for Iraq to get its feet under itself. I had to do a project on the Iraqi Economy for my final in Economics, and it's looking REALLY bleak. Saddam really fucked them.

    EDIT: and about being offended. I'm fairly irreverent as a general rule so I really couldn't care less about the slur but its place in a political discussion is disgusting and unnecessary. He really can't hope to have any of his views taken seriously at this point.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. Our bill says what?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
  2. Bill O'Reilly Blasts Virginia Tech President Over Rapper Nas
    By PurplePride80 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 12:38 AM
  3. Who's on the $100,000 bill?
    By Billy Boy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
  4. So What Exactly Is A Bill ????
    By SKOL in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •