Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bill O'Reilly Does It Live

"Formo" wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of O'Reily, but I do agree with the majority of his political views (I know his basic conservative stances, but not every issue).

As far as Letterman 'owning' Bill..
    How so?
    Because he was funnier or because he out-debated Bill?
    I thought they both were evenly funny, but Bill had valid points that Letterman could not counter.
    Unless you call that cheap jab at the end a counter.

And, how, exactly, does one support the troops but not the war?
    With no ill intent to my Purple Pride friends, but I think that's BS.
    I know it's a strong statement.
    And I know a few of you are/were soldiers.
    I tried with everything to be one myself (my lungs are teh suck, according to the Army), but the great nation of the USofA has one of the best, if not, THE best military in the world.
    And it's a 100% volunteer military.
    Which means, when one signs that dotted line to enroll, they should be fully aware that they could get sent off to a God-forsaken country and get shot at.
    Their role is to do what is asked.
    Regardless of their political views.
    And if they don't want to risk going to said God-forsaken country, they shouldn't have enrolled.
    Bottom line.
    You pray for them that they are safe and send them letters and packages to relieve there loniless while they are doing there job while the rest of us sit on are fat asses and do nothing.
    You sign up to serve your country untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    THey tell you to jump you have to say how high

You cant bring up O'Reilly or Olbermann or any of those partisan HACKS without it becoming
    "political." There are a few ex-servicemen on this site who know that regardless of who is in office,
    Dem-Rep, the guy in uniform, eats shit according to opinion polls. It's true. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a tried and true partisan. Bush is Pres and Pelosi & Reid are in charge of congress. War is over and gas is down? Just like Pelosi promised? What a fuckin joke! Bush is making mad money. the dems are in power, how are we all better? IMHO. none of em are looking out for me. Fuck 'em! May get me dotted, whatever.
    ;D
    Tuco the world.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    I'm not a huge fan of O'Reily, but I do agree with the majority of his political views (I know his basic conservative stances, but not every issue).

How so?
    I thought they both were evenly funny, but Bill had valid points that Letterman could not counter.

I tried with everything to be one myself (my lungs are teh suck, according to the Army), but the great nation of the USofA has one of the best, if not, THE best military in the world.
    Which means, when one signs that dotted line to enroll, they should be fully aware that they could get sent off to a God-forsaken country and get shot at.
    And if they don't want to risk going to said God-forsaken country, they shouldn't have enrolled.
    Bottom line.
    You pray for them that they are safe and send them letters and packages to relieve there loniless while they are doing there job while the rest of us sit on are fat asses and do nothing.
    You sign up to serve your country untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    Exactly! You and VQ are on a role.

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    You cant bring up O'Reilly or Olbermann or any of those partisan HACKS without it becoming
    "political." There are a few ex-servicemen on this site who know that regardless of who is in office,
    Dem-Rep, the guy in uniform, eats shit according to opinion polls. It's true. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a tried and true partisan. Bush is Pres and Pelosi & Reid are in charge of congress. War is over and gas is down? Just like Pelosi promised? What a fuckin joke! Bush is making mad money. the dems are in power, how are we all better? IMHO. none of em are looking out for me. Fuck 'em! May get me dotted, whatever.
    ;D
    Sadly you are probably correct.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.
    You pray for them that they are safe and send them letters and packages to relieve there loniless while they are doing there job while the rest of us sit on are fat dimply buttocks and do nothing.
    You sign up to serve your country. untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    Yes, one signs up to serve the country.
    But, still, like I said, anyone with any sort of insight knows full well that at any time we could go to war.
    And because we know that, they should be fully prepared (isn't that why they train soldiers with guns/armor/etc. for?) to go into combat, regardless of their personal political stances.
    I fully understand that before 9/11 the troops had no clue..
    that's the whole point of being under contract.

I'm 100% thankful for what our troops are doing.
    And it eats me up inside because I couldn't go to Iraq with my best friend when he left.
    Knowing full well that he doesn't have his wingman with him over there kills me.
    All because of a stupid policy (well..
    stupid policy to me, because they wouldn't let me in..
    lol).

I just can't understand how one can be in 100% full support of our troops, but not support what they are doing over there.
    Lets be honest, if you don't support the war (which is fine..
    that's the great thing about our country, we have the RIGHT to agree or disagree with our government), you really can't support what they are doing in the war.
    Therefore, not supporting what they are doing.
    Although I understand what you are saying about their morale.
    And I appreciate it.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.
    Easily you support the troops by praying for them hoping that they are safe and are able to see their families once again, but you can still think the war is non sense at the same time. Are you trying to say my cousin and friend who both knew what they were getting into at the beginning don't support themselves because they think what is going on is now ridiculous? Does that make sense?
    :

No matter how bad my life gets at least I m not a Packer fan.

"Formo" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.
    You pray for them that they are safe and send them letters and packages to relieve there loniless while they are doing there job while the rest of us sit on are fat dimply buttocks and do nothing.
    You sign up to serve your country. untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    But, still, like I said, anyone with any sort of insight knows full well that at any time we could go to war.
    And because we know that, they should be fully prepared (isn't that why they train soldiers with guns/armor/etc. for?) to go into combat, regardless of their personal political stances.

And it eats me up inside because I couldn't go to Iraq with my best friend when he left.
    Knowing full well that he doesn't have his wingman with him over there kills me.
    lol).

I just can't understand how one can be in 100% full support of our troops, but not support what they are doing over there.
    that's the great thing about our country, we have the RIGHT to agree or disagree with our government), you really can't support what they are doing in the war.
    And I appreciate it.
    A contradiction consists of a logical incompatibility between two or more propositions.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.
    You sign up to serve your country. Untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    Um. that is the whole point of signing up. To serve this country. That means in any capacity they see fit. To obey orders & do what you are told . Of course you have no choice, you know that when you sign on the dotted line.

If you wish to serve your country, but only in time of peace & want nothing to do with it if war starts, why sign up in the first place? Is it because the government writes you a nice check to join during peace time & you think you can take a chance & serve your time before a war breaks out? I know of people who did exactly that.

Serving our country means exactly that.....serving.

Sure they are lonely & miss being with their loved ones, but they new that possibility could happen the day they signed up. Lonliness is nothing new to the Iraq War soldiers. There where American soldiers who were lonely in every single war since America became America.

Every war is ugly, there is no glamor in any of it & when all is said & done there are many losers. Just be grateful you have your freedom, there are many people who don't.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Formo" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.

lol).

And I appreciate it.
    So are you saying that we shouldn't write letters to them and never talk talk to them again just because we don't support where they are?

"singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

How so?

Bottom line.
    You sign up to serve your country. Untill 9/11 people that signd hadn't gone to war for awhile so when there serving they can't say no when they are sent to war, they may not like it but they have no choice.
    Um. that is the whole point of signing up. To serve this country. That means in any capacity they see fit. To obey orders & do what you are told . Of course you have no choice, you know that when you sign on the dotted line.

If you wish to serve your country, but only in time of peace & want nothing to do with it if war starts, why sign up in the first place? Is it because the government writes you a nice check to join during peace time & you think you can take a chance & serve your time before a war breaks out? Serving our country means exactly that.....serving.

Sure they are lonely & miss being with their loved ones, but they new that possibility could happen the day they signed up. Lonliness is nothing new to the Iraq War soldiers. There where American soldiers who were lonely in every single war since America became America.

Every war is ugly, there is no glamor in any of it & when all is said & done there are many losers. Just be grateful you have your freedom, there are many people who don't.
    Well said.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast