Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big Dance

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

We have a genuine "Cinderella Team"

Well, I blew it big time in the final 4 but it's nice to know we have a genuine "Cinderella Team" in the Final Four. I know I'll be rooting for them to go all the way and so will most of the country. (I know this will PO Cajun and the rest of the LSU fans here.) But I just love these teams that come out of nowhere and light up the place.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Re: We have a genuine "Cinderella Team"

Well root for my patriots fellow purplepride bretheren!
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: GEORGE MASON!!!!!

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "sirweeze" wrote:
    Awesome stuff. I knew UConn wouldn't even make the final four. All those guys are high draft picks that will be millionaires in a few months, so none of them give a rat's jiggly butt and they sure played like it throughout the tourney.

Final will be LSU/Nova, methinks

Methinks you don't know what you're talking about.

Did GM miss a shot when it counted? No. You could have Jordan's 72-10 Chicago Bulls out there but if the other team doesn't miss then even they would lose. Methinks you should have watched the games a little closer if you didn't think Rashad Anderson and his 3 or Denham Brown with his layup came w/ any heart.
    Jordan's Bulls would've played a lot better defense...that's all that needs to be said.

Thats not all that needs to be said b/c that doesn't make sense. UConn has the past two Big East Defensive POYs. They'd played very good D but every shot of GM still fell.

Theres nothing the Huskies, or the Bulls can do IF THE OTHER TEAM NEVER MISSES.

How do ya like them apples?!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We have a genuine "Cinderella Team"

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Well, I blew it big time in the final 4 but it's nice to know we have a genuine "Cinderella Team" in the Final Four. I know I'll be rooting for them to go all the way and so will most of the country. (I know this will PO Cajun and the rest of the LSU fans here.) But I just love these teams that come out of nowhere and light up the place.
    Au contrere, Cojo...I am definitely rooting for Mason...to beat Florida...then all bets are off! LSU all the way!!! I live 10 miles from Mason in the same county so I gotta root for them...plus it helps LSU because they match up better with Mason than they do with Florida...although they are capable of beating both. But first they have to beat UCLA...which they are capable of doing as well. They have been in every game that they have played this season...even all of their losses have been fairly close...and they are playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. They haven't really played a perfect game yet...either the guards have played well and the frontcourt has not or the frontcourt has played well and the guards haven't shot well (which has happened in the Tournament). If the guards start shooting better (DMitch especially) and the frontcourt continues their dominant ways, they will be hard to stop.

GO TIGERS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "sirweeze" wrote:
    Awesome stuff. I knew UConn wouldn't even make the final four. All those guys are high draft picks that will be millionaires in a few months, so none of them give a rat's jiggly butt and they sure played like it throughout the tourney.

Did GM miss a shot when it counted? No. You could have Jordan's 72-10 Chicago Bulls out there but if the other team doesn't miss then even they would lose. Methinks you should have watched the games a little closer if you didn't think Rashad Anderson and his 3 or Denham Brown with his layup came w/ any heart.
    Jordan's Bulls would've played a lot better defense...that's all that needs to be said.

Thats not all that needs to be said b/c that doesn't make sense. UConn has the past two Big East Defensive POYs. They'd played very good D but every shot of GM still fell.

Mason shot 50%...UConn shot 47%...both very respectable averages...but by no means could Mason's shooting be characterized as NEVER MISSES. And actually Mason was shooting VERY POORLY in the first half...they just picked it up a notch when it counted most...face it tj, UConn had that game in the bag early and BLEW IT!!!

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    Heh. My sister just called me from GMU, where she is going back to school. The girl has never given a crap about sports, but apparently she watched this game and called me demanding I come up for the next game. She's all excited, and I could barely hear her on the phone. Her end sounded like a pitched battle was going on.
    Does she realize that "the next game" is in Indy??? :lol:

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "sirweeze" wrote:

Mason shot 50%...UConn shot 47%...both very respectable averages...but by no means could Mason's shooting be characterized as NEVER MISSES. And actually Mason was shooting VERY POORLY in the first half...they just picked it up a notch when it counted most...face it tj, UConn had that game in the bag early and BLEW IT!!!
    I guess that's enough to be said... GO GEORGE MASON!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Everybody in america loves seeing cinderrella stories and they truly r one Go Patriots!!

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "sirweeze" wrote:

All right this is my last post about this b/c basically I don't care anymore. Anyone who watched the game knows George Mason DID NOT MISS A BIG SHOT in the last 5 mins of the game and the entirety of overtime.

That being said, George Mason deserves all the credit in the world b/c they outplayed UConn, UConn didn't blow anything.

How do ya like them apples?!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

wat the heck? how did carta4eva put his post before mine? i started this thread?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast