shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Big Brown 2/3 of the way to Triple Crown

[size=10pt]Big Brown cruises to another easy victory in Preakness[/size]

By BETH HARRIS, AP Racing Writer 21 minutes ago

BALTIMORE (AP)—Big Brown charged to the lead turning for home and then cruised down the stretch to win the Preakness on Saturday, still perfect and squarely pointed toward thoroughbred racing’s first Triple Crown in 30 years.

Just as he did two weeks ago in a Kentucky Derby marred by the breakdown of Eight Belles, the colt named for UPS delivered another stunning win, this time by 5 lengths. Macho Again was second and Icabad Crane was third.

Big Brown broke from the middle of an undistinguished pack and jockey Kent Desormeaux took him off the pace. They ran third down the backstretch before roaring around the final turn and pulled away from the field.

“It was almost like the Kentucky Derby. He just set sail,” Desormeaux said.

Yahoo Sports story
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Jilly is offline Coach

Re: Big Brown 2/3 of the way to Triple Crown

"shockzilla" wrote:

BALTIMORE (AP)—Big Brown charged to the lead turning for home and then cruised down the stretch to win the Preakness on Saturday, still perfect and squarely pointed toward thoroughbred racing’s first Triple Crown in 30 years.

Just as he did two weeks ago in a Kentucky Derby marred by the breakdown of Eight Belles, the colt named for UPS delivered another stunning win, this time by 5 lengths. Macho Again was second and Icabad Crane was third.

Big Brown broke from the middle of an undistinguished pack and jockey Kent Desormeaux took him off the pace. They ran third down the backstretch before roaring around the final turn and pulled away from the field.

Yahoo Sports story

Went to a Preakness party yesterday...had too many Black Eyed Susans and feel like crap today.
    But what an amazing Horse Big Brown is. He took that race yesterday with what seemed like very little effort.
    I'm hoping he gets the Triple Crown.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not much into horse racing but Wildwoman is.
    Both yesterdays race and the Derby were dominant performances to say the least.

I especially like the way he stops and looks everytime he sees a camera.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

Yahoo Sports story

Went to a Preakness party yesterday...had too many Black Eyed Susans and feel like crap today.
    But what an amazing Horse Big Brown is. He took that race yesterday with what seemed like very little effort.
    Post race analysts basically said he only ran about a 1/4 mile...and that he simply cruised the rest of the race.
    Looked accurate to me; what an amazing horse, simply amazing.

BTW, what's a Black Eyed Susan?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Jilly is offline Coach

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

Yahoo Sports story

Post race analysts basically said he only ran about a 1/4 mile...and that he simply cruised the rest of the race.

Besides being the Maryland state flower, it's a punch that is typically served at Preakness parties. Contains, vodka, rum, triple sec, orange and pinapple juice and probably a few other ingredients I can't remember. The problem is, they are good. So you drink a few not realizing the amount of alcohol involved and a short time later it hits you hard.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i predict he won't win
    We're bringing purple back.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

Yahoo Sports story

Besides being the Maryland state flower, it's a punch that is typically served at Preakness parties. Contains, vodka, rum, triple sec, orange and pinapple juice and probably a few other ingredients I can't remember. The problem is, they are good. So you drink a few not realizing the amount of alcohol involved and a short time later it hits you hard.
    I live in Delaware, very familiar with the flower...have several.
    Didn't think you were drinking flowers
    ;D.
    That sounds like something I've got to perfect....thanks for sharing.
    I can see why one might overdue it when enjoying that one
    ;D.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know