Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 115
  1. #21
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    If these pinhead politicians would have invested a fraction of the amount of money we've spent bombing the sh!t out of Iraq on developing alternative energy technology, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Maybe, maybe not. Let's not make this political. :grin: Besides, even if we did invest as much in renewable or alternative energy, it may not necessarily generate a solution. Often just throwning money at something can just contribute to the problem.
    The Economist ran an article several weeks ago that argued the best innovations of the 20th century (e.g., flight) were pursued in pur$uit of a fat payoff from the government. Coincidentally, didn't US congress just authorize some multi-million dollar prize for the development of alternative energy sources?

  2. #22
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    And they say America is better then every other Country.. We get crapped on just like every other country, and we also get taken advantage of just like every other country.. They don't need to charge so much for gas, but they do because they are greedy sonsofbitches.. We may have more freedom then other countries, but we get taken advantage of just like they do..
    yo, lisen' up. Amrika gets its crude fix frum Canaduh, Venzuela, Mexico, an Nigeria too. Dem politik leedrs dont set the price, but dah global oil market does. OPEC be dah problem.

    (pardom my lame attempt to impersonate Ali G via text.)

  3. #23
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    And they say America is better then every other Country.. We get crapped on just like every other country, and we also get taken advantage of just like every other country.. They don't need to charge so much for gas, but they do because they are greedy sonsofbitches.. We may have more freedom then other countries, but we get taken advantage of just like they do..
    We really have it better here than in Europe with the gas prices. Gas was about $8.00 a gallon in Norway last May, and it's probably higher now.

    The greedy one is Bush with his families interest in the oil industry. They want to make more money, gas goes up, so does their income. Hence, start a war, drive the prices up.

    I filled up today in South Central PA at $2.89, beats $8.00!
    If you consider how much US tax payers spend to have the military ensure security in oil producing regions (e.g., Caspian Sea Region, Niger Delta, Iraq [hahahaha]) and secure shipping routes for tankers, we really are spending more on oil than the price listed at the pump.

  4. #24
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    RESPECT!

    "While Israel and Lebanon are not involved in the Middle East oil market, the fear is that the conflict could expand in the region, which produces nearly a third the world's oil and has almost two-thirds of its untapped reserves."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060714/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices;_ylt=As3aP1.6y4s1ZRPTvW88_3ms0NUE;_ylu= X3oDMTA3OTB1amhuBHNlYwNtdHM-

    Its a load of crap..."the fear is" not it is, its a fear of...so when the fear is gone, are we going to get a discount? so after the conflict ended up not affecting 2/3 of the untapped reserves, are prices going to drop? hell no. any excuse to up the prices, "my uncle died, raise the price!" "i stubbed my toe - raise the prices". screw oil and governments. money grubbing pimp crack dealers is what they all are. and we are the hookers on crack.

  5. #25
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    If these pinhead politicians would have invested a fraction of the amount of money we've spent bombing the sh!t out of Iraq on developing alternative energy technology, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Maybe, maybe not. Let's not make this political. :grin: Besides, even if we did invest as much in renewable or alternative energy, it may not necessarily generate a solution. Often just throwning money at something can just contribute to the problem.
    The Economist ran an article several weeks ago that argued the best innovations of the 20th century (e.g., flight) were pursued in pur$uit of a fat payoff from the government. Coincidentally, didn't US congress just authorize some multi-million dollar prize for the development of alternative energy sources?
    yes they did. 3 or 4 years ago, and has since then been cancelled. there blowing smoke up our arses...smoke up our arses....and we like it.

  6. #26
    enlvikeman's Avatar
    enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    And they say America is better then every other Country.. We get crapped on just like every other country, and we also get taken advantage of just like every other country.. They don't need to charge so much for gas, but they do because they are greedy sonsofbitches.. We may have more freedom then other countries, but we get taken advantage of just like they do..
    We really have it better here than in Europe with the gas prices. Gas was about $8.00 a gallon in Norway last May, and it's probably higher now.

    The greedy one is Bush with his families interest in the oil industry. They want to make more money, gas goes up, so does their income. Hence, start a war, drive the prices up.

    I filled up today in South Central PA at $2.89, beats $8.00!
    Ignorance at it's finest...watch farenhiet 9/11 today?



    "24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

    CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

  7. #27
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,815

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Displaced_Viking" wrote:
    Yeah, so random search of stuff/gallon came up with this. Nasal Spray is $2,600/gallon.

    And, by the way, I'm not affiliated with the Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen... yet.
    LOL. gol 'darnit those Nasal Spray producing countries!
    Tell me about it, I buy mine through Canada which gets it from England or Australia or something. Who knows what the hell I'm sniffing, but its $160 a bottle in Austin, and $22 through Canada. 64ml at $160 I think is something like $9000/gal. It'd be cheaper snorting crack.

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    And they say America is better then every other Country.. We get crapped on just like every other country, and we also get taken advantage of just like every other country.. They don't need to charge so much for gas, but they do because they are greedy sonsofbitches.. We may have more freedom then other countries, but we get taken advantage of just like they do..
    We really have it better here than in Europe with the gas prices. Gas was about $8.00 a gallon in Norway last May, and it's probably higher now.

    The greedy one is Bush with his families interest in the oil industry. They want to make more money, gas goes up, so does their income. Hence, start a war, drive the prices up.

    I filled up today in South Central PA at $2.89, beats $8.00!
    Ignorance at it's finest...watch farenhiet 9/11 today?
    lol, I wasn't going to even tough that one. If people really believe that people in the oil industry make more profit when the price of crude oil goes up, then they are just as esily fooled as those who think that our interest in the middle east has nothing to do with oil...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    If these pinhead politicians would have invested a fraction of the amount of money we've spent bombing the sh!t out of Iraq on developing alternative energy technology, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Maybe, maybe not. Let's not make this political. :grin: Besides, even if we did invest as much in renewable or alternative energy, it may not necessarily generate a solution. Often just throwning money at something can just contribute to the problem.
    The Economist ran an article several weeks ago that argued the best innovations of the 20th century (e.g., flight) were pursued in pur$uit of a fat payoff from the government. Coincidentally, didn't US congress just authorize some multi-million dollar prize for the development of alternative energy sources?
    yes they did. 3 or 4 years ago, and has since then been cancelled. there blowing smoke up our arses...smoke up our arses....and we like it.
    The current budget flaged about $5 billion for energy research. Just because they canceled one program doesn't mean that there is no money being spent (actually I didn't hear of any congressional program funding alternative energy research being canceled.. got a link?). The ethonol and E85 industry has skyrocketed in the past two years, largely as a result of government spending.

    But it is a no win situation for the government in this case... When they weren't spending money on E85/95 research, they got slammed for not spending on alternative energy. Now that they have sunk more money into it, that are getting slammed because not everybody considers E85 a viable solution.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Better fill up your tanks

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    If these pinhead politicians would have invested a fraction of the amount of money we've spent bombing the sh!t out of Iraq on developing alternative energy technology, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Maybe, maybe not. Let's not make this political. :grin: Besides, even if we did invest as much in renewable or alternative energy, it may not necessarily generate a solution. Often just throwning money at something can just contribute to the problem.
    The Economist ran an article several weeks ago that argued the best innovations of the 20th century (e.g., flight) were pursued in pur$uit of a fat payoff from the government. Coincidentally, didn't US congress just authorize some multi-million dollar prize for the development of alternative energy sources?
    yes they did. 3 or 4 years ago, and has since then been cancelled. there blowing smoke up our arses...smoke up our arses....and we like it.
    Naw...it's something new, announced last month.

    The race to put farm waste into your gas tank - $160 million as a prize

    And then there's the DOE solicitation for you gov pub wonks

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone else see that the Favre watch is fill
    By soonerbornNbred in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 12:37 PM
  2. Tanks Roll In Beijing
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
  3. Fill Tank
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 06:17 PM
  4. Vikings - Holes to fill
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 10:33 AM
  5. Someone fill me in
    By ADubya26 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 10:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •