Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: BestBuy = worst experiance

I have a plasma. Do not buy if you like Wii unless it's a Samsung with burn-in protection. Get a projector; 300 inches, DLP for a G.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I have a plasma. Do not buy if you like Wii unless it's a Samsung with burn-in protection. Get a projector; 300 inches, DLP for a G.
    I have a plasma and play the Wii on it all the time...I haven't had any burn in problems.

The only time I noticed any burn-in was when I was using the TV as a giant PC monitor for several hours.
    The Windows "Start" button and bar got burned into the bottom of the screen, although hardly noticeable unless the right lighting was on it.
    This was not an issue anyways though as it only lasted for 20 minutes and completely went away.

The projectors are great if viewing in an area that doesn't see much sunlight.
    If the room is well it, you can still see the image but it doesn't have the vibrancy of a plasma or LCD.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I have a projector.... and a 360, Wii, etc....

I bought a decent 125" screen and I can honestly say I don't think you would need to go ANY bigger than that, and I have a pretty decent sized living room....

BUT, yes, projectors are absolutely AWESOME!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I have a plasma and play the Wii on it all the time...I haven't had any burn in problems.

The only time I noticed any burn-in was when I was using the TV as a giant PC monitor for several hours.
    The Windows "Start" button and bar got burned into the bottom of the screen, although hardly noticeable unless the right lighting was on it.
    This was not an issue anyways though as it only lasted for 20 minutes and completely went away.

If the room is well it, you can still see the image but it doesn't have the vibrancy of a plasma or LCD.
    Wii Madden has black bars on the side that will burn in on any plasma. Ones without whitescreen or scrolling gray will be permanently damaged. Plasmas are the best, but until everything is HD, you still have to stretch the screen all the time. With LCD, you don't need to.
    I have 1 plasma, 1 lcd and 1 projector, and the projector is the best. But yes, does need low ambient light.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok, I do not know much about these new TV's.
    But my brother in law works for a large national company that does most all of the warranty work for every manufacturer; he specializes in TV's.
    So I asked him whats the best out there and he said do not get a Plasma.
    Too many problems.
    Just thought I would add that.
    What kind of problems? I have a 50" Samsung Plasma (Official HDTV of the NFL ) for almost three months and have not had any problems. As someone stated earlier, Samsung has the anti-burn in feature, so that hasn't been a problem. What else should I be worried about?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Wii Madden has black bars on the side that will burn in on any plasma. Ones without whitescreen or scrolling gray will be permanently damaged. Plasmas are the best, but until everything is HD, you still have to stretch the screen all the time. With LCD, you don't need to.
    I have 1 plasma, 1 lcd and 1 projector, and the projector is the best. But yes, does need low ambient light.
    Yeah, I guess mine has scrolling gray so maybe that's why I haven't had any problems.
    Many many hours on my plasma though... Was an open box item from Best Buy so it probably ran a year in the store for 12 hours a day before I got it Mid-season NFL season last year.

well to finish the story ,,,,,,

so i call the best buy card company as soon as i get a chance. from what the supervisor was saying , there is nothing they can do :'(

fine , called the bank and put a stop on the check. so now im back to square 1.

idea 1: go into best buy in town and order the tv
    problem : after calling the local best buy , they are unable to place an order for a bestbuy.com purchase?!?! hmmmmmm what now, well they say that i can purchase the remaining balance in gift cards and use them online, (over the phone)

so that leads right into idea 2: go to local best buy and purchase gift cards to cover remaining balance and use them online ....
    problem : my rewards 12% discount is only useable in stores and not online (over the phone) , ughhhhhhh

i end up driving 2 hours to pick up my tv , using 2 credit cards, and use my 12% discount.

so instead of being roughly $1850 , i get out the door for around 1500. 50 inch hitachi plasma with a 4 year in home warranty.

summery of best but problems :
    can only use 1 type of payment online or over phone
    in store coupons are not good online and vice versa
    stores cannot place bestbuy.com orders
    cannot purchase a bestbuy item from a location that doesn't carry it
    bestbuy card payment wording is very misleading

You did not have to use your BestBuy card to purchase the set, you could have used any major credit card you had that could cover the payment of the TV.

really , no way !!!!!
    :P do i need to address this further
    8)

With todays identity theft & stolen credit card problems, it is not unusually for companies to decline requests made to pay for items with more than one credit card over the phone. Yes this is the 21st century, get used to it.
    i have never had a problem ordering something using multiple payment types

As for the 12 day waiting period on such a large payment on a card, I have not experienced that issue, but certainly BestBuy should at least be willing to "hold" that TV for the advertised price, until the payment clears. Furthermore, I would request the $15 speed pay charge be reimbursed back to you because of it. Have you asked either of these questions of them?
    i did talk them into waving the $15 fee. and screw waiting 12 days , id rather pay the $18 stop check fee , i ended up saving like $350 by not ordering online any way

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:

Yeah, I guess mine has scrolling gray so maybe that's why I haven't had any problems.
    Many many hours on my plasma though... Was an open box item from Best Buy so it probably ran a year in the store for 12 hours a day before I got it Mid-season NFL season last year.
    on the screen saver options for my brand spanken new hitachi 8) there is 3 differnt picture orbiting choices ( ??? ) , and a screen wipe , which turns the screen completely white , so hopefully im covered

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12