Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 147
  1. #11
    VikingsMB's Avatar
    VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    361

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Yet Americans walk into hotels and restaurants worldwide speaking only English.
    im sure we dont have millions of people who move over there and never adapt to there language
    yeah i could really care less if the where visiting the country and didnt know who to speak English but if there gonna live here u gotta adapt and learn how to speak the language
    Shouldn't the sign say "speak American"?
    English is for England and the global Commonwealth.

  2. #12
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "VikingsMB" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Yet Americans walk into hotels and restaurants worldwide speaking only English.
    im sure we dont have millions of people who move over there and never adapt to there language
    yeah i could really care less if the where visiting the country and didnt know who to speak English but if there gonna live here u gotta adapt and learn how to speak the language
    Shouldn't the sign say "speak American"?
    English is for England and the global Commonwealth.
    No, we won the war so we can say whatever English or splanglish we want.
    And if those dang Brits don't like it they can geeeeet out.

  3. #13
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    Pretty dumb if you ask me.
    How hard is it to have them point at a menu and tell you what you want?
    The point of business is to make money.
    Why alienate any of your customers?
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  4. #14
    VikingsMB's Avatar
    VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    361

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "VikingsMB" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Yet Americans walk into hotels and restaurants worldwide speaking only English.
    im sure we dont have millions of people who move over there and never adapt to there language
    yeah i could really care less if the where visiting the country and didnt know who to speak English but if there gonna live here u gotta adapt and learn how to speak the language
    Shouldn't the sign say "speak American"?
    English is for England and the global Commonwealth.
    No, we won the war so we can say whatever English or splanglish we want.
    And if those dang Brits don't like it they can geeeeet out.
    Pitty.

  5. #15
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    I don't think its the best sign in all of America.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  6. #16
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Pretty dumb if you ask me.
    How hard is it to have them point at a menu and tell you what you want?
    The point of business is to make money.
    Why alienate any of your customers?
    Economically speaking, he probably just made a bunch of new rednecks for customers.

  7. #17
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Pretty dumb if you ask me.
    How hard is it to have them point at a menu and tell you what you want?
    The point of business is to make money.
    Why alienate any of your customers?
    Economically speaking, he probably just made a bunch of new rednecks for customers.
    Yeah, but he is going to lose all his more liberal customers and a lot of ESL folks.

    I can understand wanting to get services from people that speak English, but to discriminate against people because of the language they speak seems to somehow violate the Civil Rights Act.
    I guess his place is not associated with the government, so as I private business owner it is his choice.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  8. #18
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    I was at a sandwich restaurant one day and the owner was taking an order from a Spanish family and I noticed the owner was able to communicate pretty well with them. After the Spanish family left I asked her if she knew Spanish. She said no, she just learned a few keywords from the menu in Spanish. She said almost every Spanish customer knows at least a little English, so when she communicates the Spanish word for each sandwich meat, it worked out really well.

    I just thought that was impressive. A nice little mom and pop store.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  9. #19
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Pretty dumb if you ask me.
    How hard is it to have them point at a menu and tell you what you want?
    The point of business is to make money.
    Why alienate any of your customers?
    From the sound of the article he isn't hurting for business. Besides, if a person comes in there and makes an effort to order in English (even if it is bad English) then I am sure he won't turn them away.

    My parents own a resort and they post very strict rules (though most of them are simply there to keep some people and families happy) yet they don't suffer from it at all. And they never really enforce the real strict ones anyhow. We are usually full. It may chase away some people, but usually those are party groups who my parents don't really want anyways.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  10. #20
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: The best sign ever in all of America

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Yet Americans walk into hotels and restaurants worldwide speaking only English.
    Yea, but we don't move to those countries and never pick up the local language, theres a difference in being a tourist and a citizen that doesn't speak the language.

    (yes i understand why some refugees, recent immigrants, etc don't, but seriously.. )


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TV ownership down in America
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:39 PM
  2. America - F*ck Yeah!
    By VikingMike in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. Deadliest job in America.............
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
  4. Weird America
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. The figth for America
    By tarkenton10 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 02:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •