Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: best memories of a viking game that you were at

mid 90s (I was only about 10 or so), vikes beat pats 23-18. And on the way out I heard the ol chants of "green bay sucks".
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

I live in massachusetts but i always go to the Patriots game when they play the Vikes. The Best memory i have is being at the game in 1994 where Warren Moon and Drew Bledsoe combined for the most passings yards and passing attempts in any single game. i remember the vikes going up 21-0 at halftime and me rubbing it in to all the drunk Pats fans. Only to see them come back to win it in dramatic fashion in OT. I remember being one of maybe 50 vikes fans in the entire stadium, not a very popular team around here.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

well.. i got 2 actually get to a home game recently..

the xmass packers game a last year..

i flew in from Athens, Greece.. my dad picked me up at the mpls airport.. he was laughing and had his BIg smile.. wasn't sure why.. it was my first xmass back in the mn area for like 10 years.. (btw.. i walked outta the airport and the snot in my nose frooze!!! i thought i was gonna break) we hung out and talked.. then he showed me the tickets..

1. parking lot.. we ran into several parking lot parties.. and with our water bottles filled with a somewhat orange colord insulation mix.. i was well o nmy way.. In the game we were really close to the field and as i'm in greece i learned new ways of yelling at sporting events.. and i displayed them in a sluring manner.. 2 the point.. i actually got some of the packers to turn their heads and look up at me.. we lost in the final seconds..

ohh yeah and i got 2 celeberate an engagement with some kewl vikes fans in the parking lot.. even sparked a couple up.. hope u 2 are goin strong!!

2. but i got a great gem.. my plane was cancelled for 2 days longer and i got to see the rematch!!! spent the day sitting with my old man on his couch watching moss moooon the packing backers.. i don't think i laughed soooo hard in a looong time.. my dad was red faced and i thought he would caugh a lung out.. but i'd have to say of all the games he and i have seen.. that was by far the greatest 2 and will always be in memory..

1 question for yall.. is it me or does the game go by REALLY QUICK when yer there live? or does the 80% vodka screw driver do that?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'm with Cajun, Babe and cc21 on this one. 2005 Vikes vs. Pack at the dome. Best time I've ever had at a game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

My one and only Vikes game, the Pack game this year in the dome.

I went to the MOA the day before and got a brand new Fran Tarkenton jersey. The next day my family and I went to the PPO tailgate for a short time (we had to check out of the hotel), but we got to be on TV with a big PPO banner. Finally, we went to the game (2nd row 20 yrd line tix) and felt like shit as the packers took an early lead at halftime. This early lead was only there for a short period of time as the Vikes came crawling back into the game led by Daunte, and Paul Edinger drilled a 56 yarder that sailed right in front of me. The only downside to the game was that I had to eat a dome dog instead of a brat. :roll:

As cajun said the best part was watching all of those loser cheesedick fans walk out of the dome crying. Plus I got a shirt at the tailgate that said "Packers suck" on the front and "Brett Favre Swallows" on the back. :lol:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I am going with the 2005 Packers game in Minnesota. Not only was it the first Packers/Vikings game my wife and I had been to, but it was also our anniversary! I wish I had known aout PP.O back then so I could have gone to the tailgate party! Looking forward to next year's!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

6-KINGS Guest

Seeing the whiskey bottle hit the ref after Dallas stole our SB game.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Heh heh, you're dating yourself 6. Half the people on this forum probably weren't even alive when that happened. :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I've only been to 4 games, but the game I was at in the dome was by far the best. C-Pep leads the Vikes back from 11 down going into the 4th quarter against the Bills in 2000. He threw the prettiest TD ever to Moss on play action. Great game...awesome experience!

6-KINGS Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Heh heh, you're dating yourself 6. Half the people on this forum probably weren't even alive when that happened. :grin:
    Hey I saw Kapp play, in the snow at the Met!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast