Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Best Commercials Ever!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    There are a couple of Budwiser commercial I like, alot not because they are funny but because what they are about

[youtube=425,350]osTrMe76kes[/youtube]
    One of the best commercials ever.
    Still gives me pause.
    You have got to be kidding me. How distasteful to use the goodwill of the troops, who risk their lives to sell their product commercially.
    I guess I missed how they are selling their product? Itts a commercial that is saying thanks to the troops from budweiser. They have the money to do it, and when you campaire their others commercials to this one its no where near the same.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    There are a couple of Budwiser commercial I like, alot not because they are funny but because what they are about

Still gives me pause.
    You have got to be kidding me. How distasteful to use the goodwill of the troops, who risk their lives to sell their product commercially.
    I guess I missed how they are selling their product? Itts a commercial that is saying thanks to the troops from budweiser. They have the money to do it, and when you campaire their others commercials to this one its no where near the same.
    So you are saying that they are not doing this to associate their products with the troops, and having the goodwill rub off on themselves.

Of course they are.

It's shameless.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

No I don't in any way?
    ???I guess I see nothing wrong with a major company showing their thanks or showing a tribute to something or someone. Is this wrng to do? So they should not shopw any thanks in anyway to them? Huh? How would you of changed it then to make it better? Did you even know it was a Budwiser commercial until the end? Did you see them flassing Budwiser all over the place or using some nifty slogan through put the comercial? It would of been different if they said here have a budwiser, and had bud ads all over the place. Then yes I could agree with you. But I feel you are way off base with this one.
    Not trying to rip on you but I for one and many others that I know wish more companies would show their thanks in some way.

"Garland" wrote:
    No I don't in any way?
    ???I guess I see nothing wrong with a major company showing their thanks or showing a tribute to something or someone. Is this wrng to do? So they should not shopw any thanks in anyway to them? Huh? How would you of changed it then to make it better? Did you even know it was a Budwiser commercial until the end? Did you see them flassing Budwiser all over the place or using some nifty slogan through put the comercial? It would of been different if they said here have a budwiser, and had bud ads all over the place. Then yes I could agree with you. But I feel you are way off base with this one.
    Not trying to rip on you but I for one and many others that I know wish more companies would show their thanks in some way.
    I guess we disagree

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Still gives me pause.
    So you are saying that they are not doing this to associate their products with the troops, and having the goodwill rub off on themselves.

Of course they are.

It's shameless.
    I can see Cogs point even though I somewhat disagree.

For me Commercials are part of the entertainment.
    Very seldom to I see a commerical and think, I'd better run out and buy me some of that.

I kindof look at one like that as more of a "Thank You" than an advertisement and I never thought about it as a shameless ploy to get my dollars.

Thanks Cogs, now you've ruined it for me.
    ;D(lots of smiley faces) ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    [youtube=425,350]MRkiouh5NEI[/youtube]

"You kill the joe, you make some mo!"

Never seen this ad before...now I finally see the origin of your avatar.
    ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:

Of course they are.

It's shameless.
    As a veteran, I view this commercial as a thank you to the troops for the sacrifices they make.
    I don't view it as shameless nor commercial.
    Budweiser has always shown strong support of America's troops, and this is a continuation of that effort.

It honestly brought a tear to my eye when I saw it for the first time during the Super Bowl.
    But I guess you can look for the bad in everything if you look hard enough.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Of course they are.

It's shameless.
    As a veteran, I view this commercial as a thank you to the troops for the sacrifices they make.
    I don't view it as shameless nor commercial.
    Budweiser has always shown strong support of America's troops, and this is a continuation of that effort.

It honestly brought a tear to my eye when I saw it for the first time during the Super Bowl.
    But I guess you can look for the bad in everything if you look hard enough.
    You should all know that the last thing I want to do is take anything away from the troops. They are fighting along side of my countrymen around the world too. They are doing a dangerous job no matter who sets out those tasks for them to fulfill.

I'm just sharing my first impression of the commercial. And I still feel that way.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

One of the divisions of my company, Cars.com (I work on a different web site), is running a couple superbowl ads. I haven't seen them yet, but hopefully they'll show up in this thread after they air.

[youtube=425,350]KpU5BotLXts[/youtube]

Dont forget this classic!

;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12