Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

The best of the best. . . .

As long as we're all bored I might as well post who I think is best at each position.

QB: Peyton Manning, a close second is Steve McNair, but Manning got his team deeper in the playoffs despite pretty bad Defensive play, so the Nod goes to Manning.

RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, the guy puts up 1600+ yard seasons behind the Chargers OLine while catching over 100 balls, the most underrated RB in the league. Most say Jamal Lewis or Priest Holmes, but they both have better Olines to run behind, and neither is any comparison to Tomlinson's catching ability.

FB: William Henderson. This is kind of tricky, as their are many different types of FB's, Recieving, running and blocking. Mike Alstotts really good at running, and the best blocking FB is probably the Pack's Henderson, another good running FB is the Bronco's Mike Anderson, But I'll go with the Old School blocking of Henderson.

WR: Moss, Duh! Next to moss is Marvin harrison (insane route running) and Hines Ward. (That guys seriously underrated, got some of the best hands in the league.) Torry Holt's pretty good too.

TE: Tony Gonzaleze, no Brainer, if you go with the blocking TE, though, it's obviously our main man Jimmy Kleinsasser!

LT: Jonathon Ogden, that guy's huge, strong and got good footwork, Bryant McKinnie could get up there someday too, he's definately got the right frame and coach. :smiley:

LG: Brian Waters, this guy's got the skills, and the quickness, the type of Guard you love to pull.

C: Matt Birk, without a question, I've never seen a center do as many things as Birk does, he's constantly pulling on Runs, he's out there on screens and He always seems to help Keep those big DT's off Cully.

RG: Dan Niel, This guy may be a little small, but he's really fast, and really, really, good at run blocking.

RT: Kyle Turley, No-Brainer here, he's a guy who probably should be playing LT, but the Rams already have Orlando Pace.

LE: Michael Strahan, sure we give him crap for getting his sack record off of a freebie from favre, but the guy's still an incredibly dominatiing force, just ask Mike Rosenthal. (Defensive Player of the week vs us)

RE: Jason Taylor, O-gun had more sacks, but which one do you think saw more double-teams? I saw one game were they threw Taylor in at MLB just to throw of the double team and BOOM, he had the QB.

DT: Kris Jenkins, without a doubt this guy is the best, he's big, plays the run and the pass beatufilly.

OLB: Derrick Brooks, one of the Fastest LBers, he's also smart, got a knack for the INTs, and a good tackler.

MLB: Ray Lewis, duh.

CB: Patrick Surtain, I'm gonna get alot of crap for this one, but I've seen both play, and Surtains coverage is far better than Bailey's, especially now that the down the field rules are going to be more heavily inforced this year, surtain will have a better year than Champ.

FS: Brian Dawkins, not only is he a proven veteran, he's also the guy who ended the Pack's season last year.

SS: Ed Reed, he's young, but he's really, really, good.

K: Vanderjagt, he didn't miss, and vinateiri missed alot in the regular season.

P: Shane Lechler, that guy is awesome.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Good team! I can't disagree with any of your offensive picks.

On defense, I would put Charles Grant ahead of both Ogunleye and Taylor. The guy had 10.5 sacks last year despite being double teamed in several games. He is one of the best pass rushers in the game right now.

Also, have to add another DT to your list besides Jenkins and that would be Kelly Gregg. He is consistent against the run and is a very smart player when it comes to recognizing pass vs. run...he can also get vertical. I think he has more stuffs than any other DT.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

I pretty much agree with you about all you said but I would still go with my own picks.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I agree with those rankings.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hard to arugue!!

How about 2004 defensive rookie of the year: Kenechi Udeze!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

The best QB I would have to say would be Ryan Leaf. Perhaps this was just an oversight.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

lol... I'm sure that it was purplehorn!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"purplehorn" wrote:
    The best QB I would have to say would be Ryan Leaf. Perhaps this was just an oversight.
    Well then, I think Dimitrius Underwood has to be the league's best LB

Isn't he on suicide watch or something?

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

drtybrdy9 is offline Rookie

I would have to put Simeon Rice on there at whatever d end spot he plays. The guy is a freak of nature. You are not supposed to be that tall and that fast and athletic. Also Brian Dawkins is a good saftey he only played half the games or something last year and the young Roy Williams may have taken over the top spot. He is the size of an OLB and hits like one also.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

I disagree, he's a whiner and Jason Taylor is every bit as athletic as Rice, and has been playing more consistantly for longer. He deserves to be on the list more than Rice, you might, however, be right about Roy Williams replacing Dawkings, I'll give you props on that.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast