Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    The Belgian company bids $65 a share for the maker of Budweiser. While the combined companies would create the world's biggest brewing company, speculation is that Anheuser-Busch will fight the offer.

    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/20080611InBevBidsForBud.aspx?GT1=33002

  2. #2
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    I had heard about this last week or so...that's just un-American.
    Tell them to go buy Miller instead!
    Phooey!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #3
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I had heard about this last week or so...that's just un-American.
    Tell them to go buy Miller instead!
    Phooey!
    Why don't they just go bid on the Beast...LMAO.....









    That sure is alot of shares Bud Stock.....WOW









    I didn't know this but, they do have TWO dam good beers of their own.



















    Beck's, Stella Artois






    When I was drinking,
    I really enjoyed the Stella Artois,
    really nice light beer...


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #4
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    Miller is already owned by a foreign company if I remember right.

    Actually it seems that selling out to foreign investors currently is the American way.

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I had heard about this last week or so...that's just un-American.
    Tell them to go buy Miller instead!
    Phooey!
    Why don't they just go bid on the Beast...LMAO.....








    That sure is alot of shares Bud Stock.....WOW









    I didn't know this but, they do have TWO dam good beers of their own.



















    Beck's, Stella Artois






    When I was drinking,
    I really enjoyed the Stella Artois,
    really nice light beer...
    And Heineken..

    Stella is a favorite of mine.

    Let's face it, Europe does beer better than the US.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    "C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I had heard about this last week or so...that's just un-American.
    Tell them to go buy Miller instead!
    Phooey!
    Why don't they just go bid on the Beast...LMAO.....









    That sure is alot of shares Bud Stock.....WOW










    I didn't know this but, they do have TWO dam good beers of their own.




















    Beck's, Stella Artois






    When I was drinking,
    I really enjoyed the Stella Artois,
    really nice light beer...
    And Heineken..

    Stella is a favorite of mine.

    Let's face it, Europe does beer better than the US.
    Europe makes many things better than you ,americans
    El underdog.

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    "El" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I had heard about this last week or so...that's just un-American.
    Tell them to go buy Miller instead!
    Phooey!
    Why don't they just go bid on the Beast...LMAO.....








    That sure is alot of shares Bud Stock.....WOW









    I didn't know this but, they do have TWO dam good beers of their own.



















    Beck's, Stella Artois






    When I was drinking,
    I really enjoyed the Stella Artois,
    really nice light beer...
    And Heineken..

    Stella is a favorite of mine.

    Let's face it, Europe does beer better than the US.
    Europe makes many things better than you ,americans
    Well, you'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us, so we'll call it even.


    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Miller is already owned by a foreign company if I remember right.

    Actually it seems that selling out to foreign investors currently is the American way.
    Yeah, I knew that...I just wanted to diss on Milwaukee beer. LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    The only beer company I care about is the Boston Brewing Company, I could care less if those Belgians burnt down AB to the ground.
    Maybe if we're lucky they will.

  10. #10
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Belgian beer company bids $46B for Budweiser maker

    Steamboat is good beer.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
  2. Budweiser does it again
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM
  3. Belgian Senate Candidate offering 40,000 free BJs
    By Zeus in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
  4. Byrd still being a trouble maker
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 07:16 PM
  5. BIG PLAY MAKER
    By ThaSuperFreak33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 12:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •