Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingKen is offline Starter

Re: Bdubya...What you guys feeding those kids up there in MI

I live 10 minutes away from MI. They are crazy about the Pistons and the Redwings. It's like going into a war zone when we go to Fords field to see the Vikings play the Lions. Burned out cars along the side of the road. I've even heard gunshots. The Lion fans are always rude drunk punks that want to fight. If you watch news footage of Baghdad on CNN you've seen what Detroit looks like. Go Buckeyes!

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingKen" wrote:
    I live 10 minutes away from MI. They are crazy about the Pistons and the Redwings. It's like going into a war zone when we go to Fords field to see the Vikings play the Lions. Burned out cars along the side of the road. I've even heard gunshots. The Lion fans are always rude drunk punks that want to fight. If you watch news footage of Baghdad on CNN you've seen what Detroit looks like. Go Buckeyes!

Ahh, a Buckeye fan.... :roll:
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

i have to comend the child for his driving skills

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingKen" wrote:
    What dream world are you living in?

Ford Field is beautiful and so is the immediate area around it. There isn't burned out cars or gun shots.

The Lions fans are rude IF you act cocky. I've been to games at both of their stadiums and never had any problems, in fact the last game I went to a Ford Field, I brought my 9 year old son and we wore our Vikings Jerseys. Never had anything but a positive time.

I know the jealously in Ohio runs deep, but painting an inacurate picture doesn't earn you credibility. Perhaps you were thinking of Toledo, OH when you were writing your opinion. :razz:

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

VikingKen is offline Starter

Whats up with he personal attacks? Are you Viking Fan or on the Ford Field tourism board? I was expressing what I have experienced when we travel to Detroit.

I'm actually very surprised and encouraged to hear that you have had a "very positive" time when wearing your purple. Everybody we've talk to in the Local Viking Fan club here has had a problem when going up there. It's not that we're being cocky or provoking. I think it's more that the Lion fans aren't always there for the football.

Ya your right. Detroit is so dreamy and I'm just bitter.

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12