Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Batwoman revealed.

Does she wear flanel when not in costume?

VikingKen is offline Starter

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    LOl and wear ugly shoes

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Give her a night with Cajun and she'll change her ideas! LOL
    Doubt it! That's probably why she became a lesbian. :evil4:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingKen" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    LOl and wear ugly shoes
    Flannel and birkenstock wearing special advisor to Rosie O'Donnel by day, Batwoman by night!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Well.....cats do like to lick a lot. :wink:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Minor rant:

This is what's wrong with this situation...why make a big deal about orientation? No one gives a rat's butt if she's staright or a lesbian, all they care about is A: Does she kick bad guy's butts and B: Does she look good doing it? The question of whom she is dating on the side - between epic battles with super villians and their pathetic lackeys - is entirely meaningless in 99.9% of all Superhero stories.

Example: Who is Captain America's love interest? How about Iron Man's? Hawkeye's? Wolverine's? Rip Claw's?

The only time relationships are significant are when A: The relationship is with a non-powered individual and the eternal question of "Do I reveal or not" and the resulting difficulties play into the story arc (As done with Superman, Spiderman, and scores of others for years) or B: When both charaters are Supers, in which case we get to see the torment when one or the other is perilously close to death (Which happens every other issue), much like Master Vision and The Scarlet Witch, Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Girl, and others.

The question of orientation NEVER matters. Is the Hulk really straight, or is he hitting from the other side of the plate? Perhaps it's the pent up frustration of not being able to score a date that drives him into his rages...perhaps when people make fun of Barbara Streisand records or Show Tunes, Bruce Banner looses his mind and gets big, green, and mean.

As you've no doubt guessed, I have more than a passing familiarity with the Superhero genre...although I'm well behind the times. As the authors try and "modernize", it seems to me like they're trying TOO hard to be hip. They try TOO hard to show that they're "sensative to alternate lifestyles". Why? So that an additional 2% readership might emerge? Ok, so they alienate 90% to gain 2% by making a big deal out of nothing relevant.

Here's an idea...why not simply not say anything about orientation, and let the story and the character evolve? If it turns out he/she wants to "play legos with the pieces backwards", then let it happen as a part of a convincing, compelling story arc...not as a contrived and premeditated headline grabber.

And now, of course, we're destined to get a "modernization" of any number of our Movie Superheroes. Wolverine in drag, Captain America changing his name to Captain Doilie, and Mr. Fantastic leaving The Invisible Girl and changing his name to Mr. Faaaaabulous!

Give me a break.

Caine

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"boognish" wrote:
    That's funny :grin: . I know most of us have had questions about Batman's sexual preference too; hanging out with a younger man in tights all the time, ya know :roll: .
    A young man in tights named D ick... :shock: Also... I am probably gonna sound like a real geek here, but the original Batwoman was Barbara Gordan. She was the commisioners daughter, and I am pretty sure that they killed her off quite some time ago. Who the heck is this this Kathy Kane chick??? My problem with all of this is not the sexual orientation of the charecters, but the fact that they are really screwing up classic comics...

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

why can't they leave this stuff alone. When I was a kid I couldn't care less about the sexual orientation of the super heroes or the villians or sidekicks.
    Just wanted to escape for awhile.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

I mean this is just to capture the straight teenagers mind includiing myself. However I just think that is just wrong in my opinion two people from the same gender. Ah you know what I mean I don't want to get into the gruesome sick detail. What their doing is just POing people off just to get 5% more of a audience. What is the world going to in my opinion. Please don't take my words in offense and it's just my opinon. I am entitled to a opinon as just as much as anyone else

Formerly Viking24

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Give her a night with Cajun and she'll change her ideas! LOL
    Doubt it! That's probably why she became a lesbian. :evil4:
    What a WASTE of a HOT REDHEAD!!! :cry:

But NO, singer, she hasn't met me YET! :twisted:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast