Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BATMAN BEGINS!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: BATMAN BEGINS!!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Not another Batman sequel....honestly, that sh!ts played out!!! After the last 28 Batmans, I think I'm good.....I'll go see War of the Worlds....
    This one is supposed to be a lot better and different I hear.

Val Kilmer as batman = suck!
    George Clooney as Batman = sucks worse!
    Michael Keaton did a good job, you think?
    I think that once he put on the cowl, he transformed into a different person...he has the strong chin, but you don't notice it as much because of the rest of his face...BUT with the cowl all you see is the chin (which is magnified by the mask) and his blue, burning eyes. He is no longer Beetlejuice...he becomes The Batman!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

morepepper is offline Rookie

i saw a sneak preview of this movie and i really didnt think it was that good.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i cannot see how anyone can not like this movie.

im a big "everyone has an opinion" type of guy, but i can honestly say that i cant see how anyone could dislike it.

unless you expect something more like the older batman movies, then you'll be dissapointed.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

to explain further:

one thing that makes this movie different than other batman and other superhero movies, is that everything is practicle.

such as, they explain why bruce wayne chose to be batman. his suit is much more dynamic, it doesnt have fake abs chisled onto it, but it does have armor. his cape actually makes him glide. the batmobile is no longer a sports car.. its more like a tank.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

"happy camper" wrote:
    anyone see it?

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this movie rocks.

better than all the batmans combined. i watched the first batman again after watching batman begins, and it was almost depressing how much better batman begins is.

not only the best batman movies, but is now one of my favorite movies ever.

one of the best comic book movies. its probably better than my favorite comic movies, x men 2 (this used to be my favorite comic movie, i am by far a bigger x men fan than a batman fan), the punisher and spider man 2.
    is it better than sin city? Because IMO that is the best movie of the year....so far.

Space Coyote Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Not another Batman sequel....honestly, that sh!ts played out!!! After the last 28 Batmans, I think I'm good.....I'll go see War of the Worlds....

He was the best Batman so far (although I haven't seen Batman Begins yet). That's a great line when the bad guy says "Who are you?" and he says
    "I'm Batman!"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Well, I went and saw it this afternoon. I think this is one of the best movies I've seen this year! What makes it special is several things:

1) It tells the "backstory" of Batman/Bruce Wayne. How he became who he is. What his motivations for becoming Batman were, etc...

2) It uses a lot of GOOD ACTORS in strong supporting roles - and it actually tells a story, instead of just having cool special effects...

3) It shows Batman/Bruce Wayne as a flawed character - he's not perfect or "Superhero-ish"... plus the plot is plausible.

4) He has got ONE BAD@$$ Batmobile! It's a cross between a military Humvee and a tank!

5) The "batcave" is an actual bat cave...

I personally loved it - it sticks more to the original origins of Batman - it's not goofy or cartoonish like the TV series or the other Batman movies, it's much darker like the new Star Wars...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Well, I went and saw it this afternoon. I think this is one of the best movies I've seen this year! What makes it special is several things:

1) It tells the "backstory" of Batman/Bruce Wayne. How he became who he is. What his motivations for becoming Batman were, etc...

2) It uses a lot of GOOD ACTORS in strong supporting roles - and it actually tells a story, instead of just having cool special effects...

3) It shows Batman/Bruce Wayne as a flawed character - he's not perfect or "Superhero-ish"... plus the plot is plausible.

4) He has got ONE BAD@$$ Batmobile! It's a cross between a military Humvee and a tank!

5) The "batcave" is an actual bat cave...

I personally loved it - it sticks more to the original origins of Batman - it's not goofy or cartoonish like the TV series or the other Batman movies, it's much darker like the new Star Wars...
    Nice review! Cannot wait to see it!

i REALLY liked the beginning when he was training to be a ninja.

one of the most brilliant things ive seen in a movie was when rahzel was there dressed as a ninja, along with 20 other ninjas dressed exactly the same, and rahzel and bruce kept swordfighting and then all the ninjas would shuffle and bruce would have to find rahzel all over again.

MAN THIS MOVIE BLEEPIN ROCKS

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Space Coyote" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:

He was the best Batman so far (although I haven't seen Batman Begins yet). That's a great line when the bad guy says "Who are you?" and he says
    "I'm Batman!"
    Ahmad Carroll: "No, I'm Batman"

Ahman Green: "No, I'm Batman"

Daunte: "Well, then I am the Batmobile...watch me run over all three of y'all a$$es!!!" :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast