Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basement Idea

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Basement Idea

"Del Rio" wrote:
    A Fay production is a painting by me Drew Fay lol, I started painting a couple pictures after for some people on here, after it became apparent my time wouldn't allow me to sculpt the figurines because oil paints are long in forgiveness. I can paint a little and come back to it and work on it some more without losing quality.

See It's your basement and I would do whatever you want. Being an art major the thought of Packer Green side by side to Vikings purple is just bad.

You wouldn't even need to do a yellow. There is really no need to do a team color at all in regards to painting. Tell you what man, my wife has a bachelor degree in interior design. I'll get her to throw some ideas together. I will e-mail it or post it.

As far as my opinion, it just doesn't sound appealing to me. It might be though. You could always go with an earthtone color with a texture and throw in a chair rail maybe some crown molding, some recessed lighting and pick a side for each of you and hang up some pictures, banners, plaques what have you.
    Oh, got ya on the Fay production! lol You could say that I really don't have an eye for art or interior design and I know the thought of having those two colors in the same proximity is absolutely horrible. Any suggestions would be great. You da man del.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    VKG4LFE, you need to get engaged and have Cajun draft a prenup for you to get 65% to 75% of the basement space for Viking stuff and colors. None of this 50-50 GB/MN crap. Everyone knows the Vikings have better colors and it makes sense to have more of it in your fun area.

Also put that getting laid crap in that prehup.

Now those are the best ideas I've heard of!! Why didn't I think of that! I think if I asked her for a prenup after 5 years of dating she would probably kick my @$$ to the curb!! lol
    LMAO!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

VKG, I feel sorry for you having to even have to have a basement like that! Don't leave any sharp objects down there either!

I did my basement with the help of my brother. It was really cheap to do. I do not even remember how much.

Some friends hired a company to do their basement. Had a bar, a bathroom, and other rooms put in. They spent $10,000 on it. Heck, the electrical costed $1800 alone! I wired all my own stuff too.

Good luck!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I feel your pain, VKG. Our solution was to put none of it up. Since I am the CEO of the household, though..................I'm putting a poster of Culpepper on the ceiling in the bedroom. I wonder how long before he notices it. :wink: :lol:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    VKG, I feel sorry for you having to even have to have a basement like that! Don't leave any sharp objects down there either!

I did my basement with the help of my brother. It was really cheap to do. I do not even remember how much.

Some friends hired a company to do their basement. Had a bar, a bathroom, and other rooms put in. They spent $10,000 on it. Heck, the electrical costed $1800 alone! I wired all my own stuff too.

Good luck!

10 Gs, uh oh! We are going to do it ourselves with the help of my dad and some of my gf's co-worker's husband. He builds houses for a living so he said he would put up the drywall in return for babysitting and beer! I thought that was a pretty good deal! I hope he can do electrical too, otherwise we're gonna have to take out another loan! Yuck!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Good luck!

10 Gs, uh oh! We are going to do it ourselves with the help of my dad and some of my gf's co-worker's husband. He builds houses for a living so he said he would put up the drywall in return for babysitting and beer! I thought that was a pretty good deal! I hope he can do electrical too, otherwise we're gonna have to take out another loan! Yuck!
    Electrical is easy.

If you don't get shocked or your does not burn done, its good!

I'm sure I would both shock myself and burn our d@mn house down! That would be not good! lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123