Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Baseball's surprise team

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Well, considering they would only have two players that would make things pretty tough!!
    lol that's true. You ever read The Onion? They had a joke article on there one time about the Yankees buying every single player in baseball! They made up a statement by Steinbrenner saying the league was due for contraction anyway! lol! He said he hoped this would ensure the Yankees win the pennant.

One thing I like about the Twins is their small budget success. That and they get a lot of their good players from their own farm system. Not many teams do that anymore.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Baseball's surprise team

Very true sdvike. We have had a lot of guys come up through our own farm system such as Restovich, Cuddyer, Ford (I think), Mauer, Hunter, Jones, Mientkiewicz, Koskie, etc. The list goes on and on. Small market clubs that are very successful (playoff successful) is really an accomplishment when you have the likes of the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox and such!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Baseball's surprise team

By the way...love the Onion.

Not to be a homer, but the Brewers are playing above .500 ball after slashing their payroll to under 25 million dollars and all the other crap going on. I know they won't make the playoffs, but it is nice to have a team at least worth going to watch again.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Baseball's surprise team

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Spurs!? C'mon go T'wolves!!

I hate the Lakers! I loved seeing them get beat in the finals. I get goosebumps thinking about it. :king:
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Baseball's surprise team

Who is going to buy the Brewers? Once they get some new ownership they might be able to turn things around.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Baseball's surprise team

I don't know who is going to buy the Brewers, but they have already started to turn things around a bit. Considering two years ago they lost something like 106 games. The new manager has done an outstanding job with that team (and I'm not a brewers fan at all). The trade of Richie Sexon really helped them fill positions and get some good talent, for a player they most likely would have lost to free agency!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Baseball's surprise team

Yeah that was a smart trade, and like you say they made it at a perfect time.

I was just wondering because I know a couple Brewers fans and they complain about Selig's daughter all the time. Since the Brewers are division rivals I keep a close eye on them but I never realized how bad their ownership issues have gotten since Selig turned over the team.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Baseball's surprise team

How about the texas rangers. I am not a fan of them, but what they have done this year is remarkable. They gave up the best player in baseball and turned into a playoff team. They have a bunch of nonamers, except for a few guys. They are the suprise team of the year for me.

I kind of felt sorry for soriano in the whole yankees trade. He was kind of treated like crap by the yankees and yankee fans. I like how he has came back strong this year and has been better than A-rod and was the all star MVP, thats awesome. God I hate the yankees! They are gonna get randy johnson too, yuck! I actually like johnson but not if he is a yankee. If baseball wants to be as popular as football, they need to be fare and have a salary cap. Until then, I won't care too much about the game.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Baseball's surprise team

it's all about the dodgers

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Baseball's surprise team

I bet that the Reds get a Wildcard, On a side note, i just scored six $200 seats to any reds home game i want for free! it rocks, i'm right behind homeplate and i get all the free food i want and it's served to me! These are Carl lindner (the owner)'s seats!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast