Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Baseball's surprise team

In baseball my team is St. Louis and right now they are on fire! They have a 9 game lead in the NL Central and the best record in the leagues up to this point. They just had one awesome series against the Cubs a couple weeks ago and they lit it up again against Chicago yesterday. I don't think anybody expected them to dominate the division like this because of how much better the Cubs and 'Stros got in the offseason. But I think the reason they are doing so well is they have help from the starting rotation for Williams and Morris, especially from Carpenter who has done very well. They have the best infield in baseball especially SS Renterria and now with moving Pujols to 1B. And last they are getting good offense not just from Pujols but from Scott Rolen too who drives in a lot of runs.

If they keep this up they will have a good shot at the Series. At this point I'd have to say St. Louis, the Dodgers, and Philadelphia look good as division winners in the NL with the Giants getting the wild card, or maybe the Braves they are hot right now too. In the AL I was hoping Boston could keep pace with the Yanks and they still might catch them but it doesn't look good. Martinez and Schilling are pitching well but they aren't getting enough support from their bullpen and they need more people to hit and drive in runs than just Ramirez and Ortiz. So the Yanks, White Sox, and Oakland for division winners in the AL. I think the Rangers will not finish strong enough to win the AL West but it will be either them or Minnesota for a wild card.

What do you guys think?
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Baseball's surprise team

As long as the Brewers and Cubs don't win the division or the wild card for that matter I will be a happy man. The Yanks will win the East (I know I'm really going out on a limb on that one!), I think the Twins will rally toward the end of the season and play good ball to win the AL central. AL west is up for grabs, but with the pitching rotation I think the A's will win it. As for the NL. It looks like the cards will win the central, the braves, unfortuanately will win the east and I think the dodgers will hold off the giants in the west.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Baseball's surprise team

i hope the braves can keep playing well
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Baseball's surprise team

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    As long as the Brewers and Cubs don't win the division or the wild card for that matter I will be a happy man. The Yanks will win the East (I know I'm really going out on a limb on that one!), I think the Twins will rally toward the end of the season and play good ball to win the AL central. AL west is up for grabs, but with the pitching rotation I think the A's will win it. As for the NL. It looks like the cards will win the central, the braves, unfortuanately will win the east and I think the dodgers will hold off the giants in the west.
    Yankees suck!
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Baseball's surprise team

I'm not saying I like them, but if they suck, their record sure doesn't show it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Baseball's surprise team

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'm not saying I like them, but if they suck, their record sure doesn't show it!!

So people say the same thing about the lakers, fudgepackers, and so on but their record doesnt show it either. I hate all these teams and in not backing them in any way. Go vikes and Go spurs
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Baseball's surprise team

Spurs!? C'mon go T'wolves!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Baseball's surprise team

The Yankees are a good team but with a $160 million payroll you'd better be. I'd like to see how they do if they had a payroll like the A's or Twins.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Baseball's surprise team

Well, considering they would only have two players that would make things pretty tough!!

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Baseball's surprise team

It like to see the Twins if they had not a $160 million payroll, but just 70-80 million. They could have kept A.J., Eddie, Hawkins, Milton and other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast