Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Baseball is back!

Man the Twins got smashed today by the Reds. I don't know about any other Twins fans but I don't know if Radke has anything left in the tank he gave up three runs in 2 innings pitched. I think I'd rather have Silva has the 2nd man in the rotation.

Thanks Josdin

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    Man the Twins got smashed today by the Reds. I don't know about any other Twins fans but I don't know if Radke has anything left in the tank he gave up three runs in 2 innings pitched. I think I'd rather have Silva has the 2nd man in the rotation.
    I wouldn't worry TOO much about Radke - in darn near every game he started last year, he gave up at least two or three runs in the first two innings...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:

I said this same thing about Radke last offseason, but didn't have much of a following. We are way too stacked at the pitching position to be putting radke at #2. He just looks about done to me.

I also gotta say that I called Silva's Breakout year last year. Hopefully we can give him and all of our pitchers some run support this year.

tylersieve is offline Starter

hunter homer on his first at-bat pretty nice..now hit 60 more
    Sieveinator Strikes Agian

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Radke has plenty left in his tank...he would have been right up with Santana for the Cy Young if he had the same run support, and last year for some reason he couldnt get out of the first inning, but after that he was great. Silva has done a great job but Brad's still the man...and BTW last year wasnt really Silva's breakout year, it was the year before.

Scott Baker is going to pitch his first game this season today. I've heard good things about this kid. Anybody know any stats on him?

I know what you mean HailToCarter. I wonder why after the first inning Radke is fine, it's usually the other way around once the hitters get a couple chances at how the pitcher is throwing.

Thanks Josdin

We lost to the Reds today to bring our spring record to 3-5. The only player that has really shown me anything is Hunter who is hitting slighty over .500 so far the spring. Batista looks like a bust at 3rd, he isn't even hitting over .100. Castillo looks like a solid pick up so far, he's hitting over .300. White is hitting a little under .300. Mauer seems to be struggling which hopefully isn't a sign to come because last year he was hands down our best hitter.

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Batista should at best be a D.H.. He is horrible.. No idea why we picked him up

Hunter looks to be healthy which is a good sign.. We need him in the line up, he helps alot..

Im looking forward to seeing some of the young talent we have..Baker, Lariano, Mauer,Morneau (Who is doing great in the WBC)

Anyone know how Glenn Williams is doing?

And im also very pleased with the Castillo pick up.. Get a decent batter in the the middle infield.. I was sick of Punto, Castro and Rivas

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

My Braves are well on their way to a 15 consecutive division Championship. I just can't wait for this WBC to be done with and for the regular season to begin..

Time to do the Tomahawk Chop!!!!!!!

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Batista should at best be a D.H.. He is horrible.. No idea why we picked him up

Hunter looks to be healthy which is a good sign.. We need him in the line up, he helps alot..

Im looking forward to seeing some of the young talent we have..Baker, Lariano, Mauer,Morneau (Who is doing great in the WBC)

Anyone know how Glenn Williams is doing?
    And im also very pleased with the Castillo pick up.. Get a decent batter in the the middle infield.. I was sick of Punto, Castro and Rivas
    batting .200 1 run 10 ab 1 2bb 4k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast