Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds

Barry Bonds

OK, I'm gonna throw out a suggestion here, and it is only a suggestion to start some debate, and I may not necessarily agree with it myself but should the Twins try and sign Bonds?

Think about it, we need a decent DH and he is a great player who will get 20-30 home runs next season if used wisely. The guy can't run so for him to be a DH would be a good move for him. The Twins have Brad Radke's 9million to spend and Bonds would be a great addition as a player to this team and may give the Twins that extra little lift they need to challenge for the World Series. Think about it - Santana, Liriano, Bonser and Garza pitching with Neshek and Nathan in the bullpen and Morneau, Mauer, Hunter, Cuddyer and Bonds in the line-up, that would be one hell of a team.

Obviously there are a hell of a lot of negatives about the guy. Would he be a clubhouse cancer, would he want too much money, are there better options available and the answer to all of these questions is probably yes.

What do you lot think?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Barry Bonds

"spunk_goblin" wrote:
    What do you lot think?
    I think signing Barry Bonds would make Mike Lynn happy because then his trade for Herschel Walker would no longer be the stupidest move in Minnesota sports history.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

IFletcher is offline Waterboy

It just won't ever happen.
    This front office wouldn't even go after Frank Thomas, primarily because of money and his questionable repuration as a teammate.
    How much more would they not go near Barry Bonds because of the same reasons.

Even more so, the team has other really immediate things to take care of, such as negotiating with Torii Hunter over a possible extension to keep him around another couple years and the fact that Mauer and Morneau are both arbitration eligible.
    It would nice to at least get one of those guys locked up to a long term deal.
    Those things will pretty much take up any increase in spending this team makes.

-Irwin M. Fletcher
    Sincerely,
    IM Fletcher

I... can't figure out what I was doing in Utah this morning.

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

ah, the infamous herschel walker trade!
    good move there.
    i think that he would be a decent pick up if you're wheeling to deal with the baggage that comes with it.
    he definately belongs on a AL team though.
    hank aaron will always be the leader in my mind.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that would be a great move, save the guys legs a bit and have the best hitter of modren baseball breaking the home run record as a twin.
    That would be great.
    Even with a good team, the twins are terrible at the gate compaired to teams with the same records.
    The twins would never such a thing, but i think that would be a great thing to happen.
    Bonds never broke any rules, regardless if he did juice up or not, nothing was against baseball rules when he supposely did the roids.
    I hope he breaks the record next year.
    He has the best swing possibly ever.
    I wonder why people are not roasting Big Mac for the roids thing?
    He pretty much admitted to it with all the cameras on.
    You republican whore!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think that would be a great move, save the guys legs a bit and have the best hitter of modren baseball breaking the home run record as a twin.
    That would be great.
    Even with a good team, the twins are terrible at the gate compaired to teams with the same records.
    The twins would never such a thing, but i think that would be a great thing to happen.
    Bonds never broke any rules, regardless if he did juice up or not, nothing was against baseball rules when he supposely did the roids.
    Rules?
    What about THE LAW?
    The guy was injecting himself with BOVINE STEROIDS FROM MEXICO, for God's sake!

Any "good" as outlined by you above is more than out-weighed by the fact that next to the definition of "Clubhouse Cancer", there's an autographed picture of Barry Bonds.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "spunk_goblin" wrote:
    What do you lot think?
    I think signing Barry Bonds would make Mike Lynn happy because then his trade for Herschel Walker would no longer be the stupidest move in Minnesota sports history.

=Z=
    Dang man...now that is funny a s "F"!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    That would be great.
    Rules?
    What about THE LAW?

Any "good" as outlined by you above is more than out-weighed by the fact that next to the definition of "Clubhouse Cancer", there's an autographed picture of Barry Bonds.

=Z=
    I guess i have never heard anyone who played on the giants calling him a cancer, only the media.
    I guess only the mn media are evil, everyone else tells it how it is.
    And the law thing, funny the regular jo never gets fired for doing something that brakes the law.
    Do we know if babe ruth ever did anything wrong?
    If he did, lets take away all his records.
    No one is perfect, he is an entertainer for gods sake, not a doctor, cop, fireman, or any other important job important people hold.
    You republican whore!

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    That would be great.
    Rules?
    What about THE LAW?

=Z=
    I guess i have never heard anyone who played on the giants calling him a cancer, only the media.
    I guess only the mn media are evil, everyone else tells it how it is.
    And the law thing, funny the regular jo never gets fired for doing something that brakes the law.
    Do we know if babe ruth ever did anything wrong?
    If he did, lets take away all his records.
    No one is perfect, he is an entertainer for gods sake, not a doctor, cop, fireman, or any other important job important people hold.

Being a mentor for children that are baseball fans across the world is not an important role?
    Like it or not, any professional athlete has a high potential of being a role model to a subset of our youth.
    Is it officially listed in the job description?
    No.
    Is it a reality that a mature individual realizes and trys to follow?
    Yes.

Back to the topic.
    I like Bonds, I just don't see him ever being a Twinkie.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

BTW...NOT gonna happen...the Giants want him to break that record as a GIANT...and I think that he wants to as well.
    All that is left is to negotiate the one-year deal.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast