Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Band reccomendation thread - prt 2

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

System Of A down (Hardcore people check out their Self Titled. People into a little softer stuff check out Hypnotize and also Mezmerize, their dual album that came out last year. Note: for people that don't like metal you probably won't like any. Toxicity is a great album)

The Black Keys (If anyone needs some good blues check them out. They are great. Only 2 guys.. Check out Rubber Factory and Thickfreakness)

Head Automatica (had no idea they were GlassJaw until yesterday when my brother told me about them) Great Band
    System of a Down's first cd is my favorite. I lost interest after that one, but Self Titled is killer.

Any particular songs I should check out by The Black Keys?

And with Head Automatica.. it has the singer Daryl from Glassjaw and the ex-drummer Larry from Glassjaw.

Are we just talking about semi-obscure or new bands here? Because I think I've already mentioned my belief that the Who are not only the best band ever, but the greatest thing in the history of time. Behind maybe, um, air...and, uh...Jesus. But I digress.
    Anything. I intended the thread to be a reccomendation thread for ANY music. Old, new, popular, unpopular, rap, rock, country.. whatever you think we should hear.

I know I've heard some songs by The Who. Buuut, could you point me in the right direction and give tell me 2-3 songs I should try out?
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Check out the songs 10 AM automatic and Girl's on my mind both from Rubber Factory and Thickfreakness from Thickfreakness.

www.myspace.com/theblackkeys

They have a few songs on there. Only 10 AM automatic though I think out of the ones i mentioned..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Oh and Happy Camper... My brother mentioned that it wasn't the exact same people, I just wasn't listening. Head Automatica's bassist is really good btw. One of the better ones I have heard.

If anyone likes Glassjaw.. here's a video of them playing Minneapolisa few years ago..

http://glassjaw.net/videos/2003.03.08%20Quest%20Club,%20Minneapolis,%20MN/10%20Convectuoso.mpg

I was front row and center.. when Daryl started "Who is the meat? And who is the butcher? I AM THE FUCKIN BUTCHER!!"
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

punkish music:

Funeral For A Friend- you might know their song "streetcar" from madden... their CD "Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation" is one of my favorite CD's.

Thrice- We are the image of the invisible, thats all you need to know! :grin:

Metalish-

SOAD- same as PPE, i love toxicity

Bullet for my valentine- also a song on madden "4 words for you to choke upon." Hand of Blood is a great song.

Lamb Of God- sweetness incarnate check out Omerta for sure

Still Remains- see explanation of lamb of god minus the omerta part.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Reel Big Fish- Great mix of ska and rock. Have definately had an evolving sound over the past decade or so, really enjoyable.

Goldfinger- Also an evolving band and a band that many thought would take the place of Green Day in the mid to late '90s. Great rock sound to them too.

Stephen Lynch- OK, so he's not a band and doesn't do serious music, but the guy is freaking hilarious. If you've never heard him, pick up his CD and I guarantee you'll love it!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

My Recommedations

1 Mercyful Fate/King Diamond

2: Within Temptation

3: Helloween

I have quite the list if needing more lol

OK OK im rocker of old

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

new music is great. ill check all this stuff out over the weekend.

a band that might fit into this topic is Death Cab For Cutie. check them out. mellow music with good lyrics.

http://www.deathcabforcutie.com/
    We're bringing purple back.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

bump

we are scientists is kinda weird, but i reaelly like them

Bad news for me. Over the weekend my mp3 player broke down and I lost 1134 songs (and i still hadn't finished uploading all my cds). Alot of songs I'll never be able to track down and get back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast