Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Band reccomendation thread - prt 2

So, here’s the deal. Voicing a negative opinion on a band should be OK. But voicing a negative opinion on a band and then acting like the person who listens to that band is an idiot, is not OK. Let’s have fun and find some new music from each other.

Head Automatica – A favorite band of mine. Seen them live as a headlining act and they killed it. They rocked the house down unlike I’ve seen before. They’re a catchy dancey-type band. www.myspace.com/headautomatica

Kaddifly – I download their cd “Buy Our Intentions and We’ll Buy You A Unicorn” a few weeks ago and thought it was ok. Fast forward to today and I cannot stop listening to it. They sound sort of like a more creative version of Lostprophets. This will grow on you. http://www.myspace.com/kaddisfly

Gym Class Heroes – Pretty cool Rock/Hip Hop band. Sorta sound like the rapper Slug from Atmosphere. I don’t think they are amazing, but they got some pretty cool songs. www.myspace.com/gymclassheroes

Johnnyrook – One of my very favorite local bands. They play only acoustic guitar. You picture acoustic guitar, you probably think of really lovey-dovey songs about girls. Not this band. They play only acoustic guitar and make it rock. It rocks and is beautiful and spiritual at the same time. Listening to this cd on a long road trip makes it feel like a real spiritual journey. www.myspace.com/johnnyrook

Nightmare of You – A really catchy low key type band. The singer sings well. Lotta softer songs. Their album, is one of my very favorite albums. And is probably the best I bought all year. www.myspace.com/nightmareofyou

Panic! At The Disco – These guys sort of sound like Fall Out Boy. But I hate Fall Out Boy. This band’s singer has a voice that is hard to get used to, but once you do, you find some really amazing songs. Their album, “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” is front to back good. Not a bad song.

Saosin – Hmm. Don’t know much about this band yet. I just started listening to them yesterday. But I’d say they have a pretty bright future in my repertoire. “Bury Your head” and “Seven Years” are killer tracks. For fans of heavy guitars and fast drums with a singer that can actually sing. www.myspace.com/saosin

The Advantage – Remember playing the old 8 bit Nintendo and loving the music? If you say yes, then you NEED to listen to this band. The do covers of Nintendo songs and make them kick ass. My favorite song is “Megaman 2 – Flashman” Dig it.

The Mars Volta – Words cannot describe. Just listen.

Let me know if anyone actually listens. I wanna hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Band reccomendation thread - prt 2

I'll throw one down for everyone. As you may know, I am a rap guy, but I definitely would have to recommend Cake. Some of my personal favorites include: Short Skirt, Long Jacket and The Distance. See for yourself, maybe you won't like them
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

If you haven't heard Mason Jennings, I would recommend listening to some of his stuff. Great guitar, lyrics, and just good music in my opinion.
    ;-)

"Bdubya" wrote:
    The Distance.
    i like that song.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I'd recommend the Aquabats. When it comes to avant-garde, they're almost as good as Weird Al and Frank Zappa. And they're pretty talented musicians, too. Their whole thing is that they're superheroes, so their concerts usually involve some random supervillains. Anycrap, they're good.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Aquabats.. I was meaning to check them out. Any particular song I should download?

Comedy albums.. that reminds me. Stephen Lynch.

If you want something funny:

Stephen Lynch - "If I Were Gay" off of the album "A Little Bit Special"

blvdnights05 is offline Training Camp

head automatica is badass and the new album they are releasing this year is going to own, but i wish daryl and the other guys could get back together and do glassJaw again, head automatica is good but GJ is waaay better
    If you feel a warmth describe it.....Team Sleep 5/10/05

eveyone here should check out the band Team Sleep, if you download a song download "foreign flag" or "blvd nights" and "Your Skull is red"

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"happy camper" wrote:
    Aquabats.. I was meaning to check them out. Any particular song I should download?

Comedy albums.. that reminds me. Stephen Lynch.

If you want something funny:

Stephen Lynch - "If I Were ***" off of the album "A Little Bit Special"
    Probably the funniest Aquabats song that I've listened to is "I Fell Asleep on my Arm." It's an absolutely spot-on parody of whiny rap metal.

I'd also recommend checking out Frank Zappa's "Call Any Vegetable." It's hysterically random.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

oh and coheed and cambria is a badass band, ROFL!!!OMG!!!!LOLZ!!! pshhh yea right

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast