English Vike is offline Starter

Back just in time...

for the new season! what good timing.

Had an awesome trip, i've been through Paris, Argeles (a little beach town on the mediterreanean (how the hell do you spell that) in france very near spain) Barcelona,Montpellier,Nice,Florence, a tiny village up in the hills in Italy in the middle of nowhere called Baggio,Rome,Milan,Back through Paris again, and then finally the last few days at my uncle and aunties house in the north of france.

Really was the time of my life, i had a hell of a lot going on over the last year and it was brilliant to get away from everything, i've got so many stories that it hardly seems worth attempting to tell them, but perhaps my favourite night was up in Baggio, where we went to their annual village festa, i got really drunk, danced with a bunch of old italian ladies and kept playing their raffle thing, where you buy a ticket and you win the prize of the number on the ticket, i won a bunch of really stupid stuff like some tights, a little girls dress, a china chicken, salt and pepper shakers, and a whole lot of other totally useless stuff, i think that night kind of summed up the whole trip somehow, fantastic.

I also met a whole lot of amazing people from all over the world which was incredible, a lot of americans as well which gave me a rare chance to talk for hours about american football in the flesh rather than over the internet which i enjoyed greatly!

Feels kinda funny to be back home finally, had the best nights sleep i ever have last night back in my old bed, after id watched the first half of the p*ckers game on tv of course. So excited for the new season i can hardly contain myself, and not just that, but also the soccer season gets underway tomorrow which is big stuff for english sports fans so thats good as well, the trip was great to fill up some of the long long summer with no soccer or nfl.

When i posted from Barcelona a couple of people said they'd like to see some pics, i'll have them for you just as soon as i manage to get them uploaded, nice to be back

Viva Vikes

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Back just in time...

Nice to see you back English Vike. If it was me, I would have went for the free beer forum, but that's just me. Looking forward to the pics.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

i think i drank enough throughout my trip to mean that free beer could be a bad idea...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"English Vike" wrote:
    Had an awesome trip, i've been through Paris, Argeles (a little beach town on the mediterreanean (how the hell do you spell that) in france very near spain) Barcelona,Montpellier,Nice,Florence, a tiny village up in the hills in Italy in the middle of nowhere called Baggio,Rome,Milan,Back through Paris again, and then finally the last few days at my uncle and aunties house in the north of france.
    Great to see ou back again - Baggio ?? is that the little village up on Lake Como ?? if so I was there in June when I was out in Milan - great looking place it was.

Nows the time to start checking NASN and Sky Sports to see what games are coming up - bring on the season !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "English Vike" wrote:
    Great to see ou back again - Baggio ?? is that the little village up on Lake Como ?? if so I was there in June when I was out in Milan - great looking place it was.

Nows the time to start checking NASN and Sky Sports to see what games are coming up - bring on the season !
    nah sounds like a different baggio... this was up in hills about an hour and a half north of florence, was a stunning place though, complete with donkeys randomly wandering around.

and yep, 3 cheers for NASN, as it seems they're gonna show our game with the jets, can't wait for that one

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

welcome back. were going to have an exciting year this year and were happy to have you along for the ride with us this optimistic season.