Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

Thank you michiganvike. I hate it when people call me a goth for listening to a goth band. WTF??? I'm not a goth AT ALL! They choose to dress like that.. doesn't make their music any worse.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah, I listen to ICP and Twizid and shit.. They are concidered goth I guess.. Im far from it

Hahaha. ICP isn't goth. I can't think of rap as goth I guess.

V4L

Listen to the lyrics bro

michiganvike is offline Rookie

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Thank you michiganvike. I hate it when people call me a goth for listening to a goth band. WTF??? I'm not a goth AT ALL! They choose to dress like that.. doesn't make their music any worse.
    haha no problem man, we are in the same boat. If you saw me, there is no way you would think i liked metal.

oh, and i have a correction.
    the cool band is
    www.myspace.com/ivanmusic

not just ivan
    that a soft acoustic set
    haha

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Try He Is Legend, and let it grow on you. at first listen it sucks the big one, but if you get enough exposure to it i bet yiu'll learn to love it. alot.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"michiganvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    haha no problem man, we are in the same boat. If you saw me, there is no way you would think i liked metal.

oh, and i have a correction.
    the cool band is
    www.myspace.com/ivanmusic

not just ivan
    that a soft acoustic set
    haha
    yeah, i dress really trendy. I'll be walking around with my headphones in, and some chick will walk up, pluck them out of my ears and put them in hers. then she rips them out and looks disgusted to find that it's not Jimmy Eatworld or Kanye West. belive it or not, most trendy chicks arn't real big on Atreyu.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I am not a fan of GnR, and I particularly despise Axl Rose.

I am also not a fan of much of the "New Metal" as I personally think it lacks any talent in either the guitar or vocal end, and is too bloody angry for me to listen to (I'm simply not that pissy I guess).

HOWEVER,

A co-worker played Avenged Sevenfold and I didn't hate it...which suprised me. In fact, it reminded me a LOT of Yngwie Malmsteen's stuff from the mid to late 90's (the guitar work did anyway).

So, while I doubt I'll buy their CD anytime soon, I do have to tip my hat to the guitar player. And, for the record, the CD I heard sounded NOTHING like GnR.

Caine

V4L

"Caine" wrote:
    I am not a fan of GnR, and I particularly despise Axl Rose.

I am also not a fan of much of the "New Metal" as I personally think it lacks any talent in either the guitar or vocal end, and is too bloody angry for me to listen to (I'm simply not that pissy I guess).

HOWEVER,

A co-worker played Avenged Sevenfold and I didn't hate it...which suprised me. In fact, it reminded me a LOT of Yngwie Malmsteen's stuff from the mid to late 90's (the guitar work did anyway).

So, while I doubt I'll buy their CD anytime soon, I do have to tip my hat to the guitar player. And, for the record, the CD I heard sounded NOTHING like GnR.

Caine

Yah i'm the same way... But ya gotta give them some props on thier guitar solos and stuff.. Pretty crazy stuff there

Haha GBS Atreyu is awesome. The concert was insane good. I'll make a thread on it later.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast