Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Avatar - Movie Review

I saw it last weekend, and I have pretty much the same opinion.

Its certainly a very good movie, perhaps one of the best movies this year, but no way in hell its one of the best all time, I'm sorry.

Visually, it was incredible. I was somewhat skeptical, as normally I'm not a fan or made up stuff, like blue people or whatever, but they did a great job of making them seem believable.

and greg's right, you see alot of blue boobies.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

shockzilla wrote:
    I have seen the movie as well, and as far as being one of the best of all time, I would say no. HOWEVER, in terms of groundbreaking visuals, sheer excitement at experiencing something I'd never seen before, and having a great time forgetting about life for two+ hours at the theater, then yes, Avatar is one HELL of a movie. You absolutely MUST see it in 3-D, that's for sure.

James Cameron, the director, has once again made a movie of stunning sweep and powerful visuals, and created a world that no one has ever seen before. I thought going in that I might be turned off, or at least felt unconvinced, that the "blue" characters, the Na'vi, could be believable as real characters, but with the advanced computer graphics and the 3-D format, they certainly did "come to life".

As many have said, the plot is weak, and the story a little environment-conscious, but overall, considering the story, visuals and 3-D effect, I'd give it an A.
    Thanks my friend.

I still can't wait for the next one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

shockzilla wrote:
    I have seen the movie as well, and as far as being one of the best of all time, I would say no. HOWEVER, in terms of groundbreaking visuals, sheer excitement at experiencing something I'd never seen before, and having a great time forgetting about life for two+ hours at the theater, then yes, Avatar is one HELL of a movie. You absolutely MUST see it in 3-D, that's for sure.

James Cameron, the director, has once again made a movie of stunning sweep and powerful visuals, and created a world that no one has ever seen before. I thought going in that I might be turned off, or at least felt unconvinced, that the "blue" characters, the Na'vi, could be believable as real characters, but with the advanced computer graphics and the 3-D format, they certainly did "come to life".

As many have said, the plot is weak, and the story a little environment-conscious, but overall, considering the story, visuals and 3-D effect, I'd give it an A.
    Thanks my friend.

I still can't wait for the next one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I saw it last weekend, and I have pretty much the same opinion.

Its certainly a very good movie, perhaps one of the best movies this year, but no way in hell its one of the best all time, I'm sorry.

Visually, it was incredible. I was somewhat skeptical, as normally I'm not a fan or made up stuff, like blue people or whatever, but they did a great job of making them seem believable.

and greg's right, you see alot of blue boobies.
    I guess I just need to get out and see more movies. :huh:

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

It may not have been the "best" movie I've ever seen, but is was certainly the coolest/neatest and left me more in awe then I ever have been before leaving a theater.

It's not just a movie, it's an experience.

It felt like my eyeballs were making intercourse with the screen.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I was going to go to this movie, then I remembered that I'm living it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I went to it in 3-D last night with my wife - LOVED it. Definitely a solid storyline, the cinematography was amazing. Special effects are something worth seeing even if you don't like the movie.

Plenty of action for guys, yet enough other stuff for the ladies to enjoy. I enjoyed it FAR more than Sherlock Holmes, which I DID enjoy!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL wrote:
    I went to it in 3-D last night with my wife - LOVED it. Definitely a solid storyline, the cinematography was amazing. Special effects are something worth seeing even if you don't like the movie.

Plenty of action for guys, yet enough other stuff for the ladies to enjoy. I enjoyed it FAR more than Sherlock Holmes, which I DID enjoy!
    Good stuff. Thought I was the only one who was amazed. Almost gave up doing a Mock Draft this year so I could get out more.....

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    It may not have been the "best" movie I've ever seen, but is was certainly the coolest/neatest and left me more in awe then I ever have been before leaving a theater.

It's not just a movie, it's an experience.

It felt like my eyeballs were making intercourse with the screen.
    Now thats a movie review......

As I said, only the second movie I've ever been to were the audience stood and applauded at the end.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:

Good stuff. Thought I was the only one who was amazed. Almost gave up doing a Mock Draft this year so I could get out more.....
    Sometimes prayers are answered.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast