Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hey Shock, you seen this one yet?

I have and believe it is by far the best movie I've ever seen. Only the second movie I've ever been to were the audience actually stood and cheered/applauded at the end. The first being "Saving Private Ryan".

Went to see it in 3D/Imax. Absolutely amazing. If anyone gets a chance. GO. Don't hesitate.....Run to the theater. Its worth every penny.

Already ready for the next one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Avatar - Movie Review

I have seen it as well, and I would not go as far as calling it the best movie I have ever seen, not even close.

Yes it was visually stunning and was a pretty good story. The main problem I had with it was that I did not care about any of the characters but Neytiri and Colonel Miles Quaritch.

**Semi spoilers to come, but no names**
    When a certain someone died, I did not care at all. It was an emotional scene, but when they died, I didn't even blink.
    **End minor spoilers**

Would I recommend people to see it? No question about that. Maybe my only concern with the movie is a little nitpicking, but I think calling it the best movie ever is going a little too far.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

gregair13 wrote:
    I have seen it as well, and I would not go as far as calling it the best movie I have ever seen, not even close.

Yes it was visually stunning and was a pretty good story. The main problem I had with it was that I did not care about any of the characters but Neytiri and Colonel Miles Quaritch.

When a certain someone died, I did not care at all. It was an emotional scene, but when they died, I didn't even blink.
    **End minor spoilers**

Would I recommend people to see it? No question about that. Maybe my only concern with the movie is a little nitpicking, but I think calling it the best movie ever is going a little too far.
    I guess I can see your point, but if you look at it from the "Bigger Picture" aspect (scuse the pun) and how it set up the rest of the movies to follow, alot of this was gonna leave you hanging a bit.

As to the someone who died, I wish it would have happened as soon as I found out that someone was in the movie. Not a big fan.

On a side note, how in the hell did you remember thier names, let alone spell them? hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

**End minor spoilers**

I guess I can see your point, but if you look at it from the "Bigger Picture" aspect (scuse the pun) and how it set up the rest of the movies to follow, alot of this was gonna leave you hanging a bit.

As to the someone who died, I wish it would have happened as soon as I found out that someone was in the movie. Not a big fan.

On a side note, how in the hell did you remember thier names, let alone spell them? hmy:
    LOL imdb.com makes one look like a whiz kid for movies, tv, stars, etc.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Avatar - Movie Review

Shawna and I went to see Avatar last weekend, saw it in "regular" 3D, not on an IMAX screen.

While visually impressive and a movie I'd highly recommend for being worth the admission price, I didn't find the movie to be "all that"...certainly not in my top ten favorite movies of all time. I'd personally recommend any of the LOTR movies over Avatar.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:

**End minor spoilers**

Thanks for not spoiling. Someone dies in every movie so I it probably didn't spoil anything.

What about the new movie tittled "Sherlock Holmes" staring Downey Jr.? I heard it broke records in the United States.

Bkfldviking wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

**End minor spoilers**

LOL imdb.com makes one look like a whiz kid for movies, tv, stars, etc.
    Don't give away my secrets.

And you are welcome for not giving anything away. I hate when people do that.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

It is a wonderful mix of science fiction and fantasy, defiantly worth seeing if you enjoy movies of that genre.

Another fringe benefit of this movie will be on Halloween when all those hot chicks go out in blue body paint dressed as the Na'vi. :laugh:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I have seen the movie as well, and as far as being one of the best of all time, I would say no. HOWEVER, in terms of groundbreaking visuals, sheer excitement at experiencing something I'd never seen before, and having a great time forgetting about life for two+ hours at the theater, then yes, Avatar is one HELL of a movie. You absolutely MUST see it in 3-D, that's for sure.

James Cameron, the director, has once again made a movie of stunning sweep and powerful visuals, and created a world that no one has ever seen before. I thought going in that I might be turned off, or at least felt unconvinced, that the "blue" characters, the Na'vi, could be believable as real characters, but with the advanced computer graphics and the 3-D format, they certainly did "come to life".

As many have said, the plot is weak, and the story a little environment-conscious, but overall, considering the story, visuals and 3-D effect, I'd give it an A.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Texas Viking wrote:
    Another fringe benefit of this movie will be on Halloween when all those hot chicks go out in blue body paint dressed as the Na'vi. :laugh:
    Oh gosh do I ever hope so. The amount of side boob in that movie was amazing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast