BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Austrian Skis Nude After Losing Bet

WENGEN, Switzerland - Rainer Schoenfelder lost a bet Wednesday, and paid for it by skiing nude down the Lauberhorn. The 29-year-old Austrian skier, who hurt his neck and back in a crash last week, lost a bet with his physiotherapist, who had been treating his injuries. Schoenfelder had vowed to ski naked if his pains had lessened by Wednesday morning.

Schoenfelder skied wearing only yellow boots and an orange helmet and gloves, and a photographer snapped a shot of the skier that has been circulated on the Internet.

"Somehow I didn't notice the photographer," Schoenfelder said. "It was an internal bet and of course the whole thing wasn't planned for the public.

"I am happy, though, that the pains have eased up and that it was not cold when I honored my debt."

Schoenfelder had been in pain since his crash in Adelboden last week. After little success treating the pain, his physio performed a "special" treatment on Tuesday and Schoenfelder said he woke up the following morning without pain for the first time since an accident in Turracher Hoehe, Austria, a day before the World Cup races in Adelboden.

Austria head coach Toni Giger said he did not think Schoenfelder would be sanctioned for the stunt.

"I have no problem with nudity in general," Giger said. "I haven't seen the pictures but no one was hurt. ... This was typical Schoenfelder behavior."

Schoenfelder has had a run of bad luck recently.

In the giant slalom at Adelboden, he was disqualified for committing a rare rule violation _ he kicked out of the start hut four seconds too early.

World Cup racers have a 10-second window in which to push open the starting wand. They are warned by a succession of beeps when they can go, but Schoenfelder pre-empted the start.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/01/10/ap/strange/d8mil5g00.txt

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Austrian Skis Nude After Losing Bet

I hope the photographer took the picture early in the guys nude run....for the skiers sake at least!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!