shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Article: Vikings Announce Extension With C John Sullivan

PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I have been very suprised by his play this year. Going into the FA period/draft I was 100% convinced they would come out of it with a C that wasn't a ZB'ing guy to replace him and was pretty vocal about how dumb I thought the staff was for messing that up.Still on the fence, but I think he has been the most solid player on the OL this year, for what thats worth.

Thanks for the read my friend. Comment added.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree that Sulli has been the best member of our OL this year. Unfortunately that is like saying he is the shiniest turd in the pile. Hopefully he will be able to help anchor some of the OL additions we are going to get in the offseason and draft.

My honest expectation is that we will draft Kahlil for LT and then draft the best OL available in the third round. If it is a T, then Loadholt will move inside.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I have to agree that Sulli has been the best member of our OL this year. Unfortunately that is like saying he is the shiniest turd in the pile. Hopefully he will be able to help anchor some of the OL additions we are going to get in the offseason and draft.

My honest expectation is that we will draft Kahlil for LT and then draft the best OL available in the third round. If it is a T, then Loadholt will move inside.
    How ya been my friend.

I think you have to go FA LT instead of drafting someone. That would almost gaurantee that you could fix 3 line positions.

Was listening to a guy on Sirius talk about Charlie J and he was saying that he is really better suited to play RG, possibly even LG at this level. By bringing in a Vet LT, you could move him (Charlie) to RG (Herrera is hurt way to much to rely on him) and would give Hutch a better guy on his left side which could extend his career possibly one more year. Then all you have to do is find a OL coach who can actually work with Load to help him with some of the issues he's been having this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    How ya been my friend.

I think you have to go FA LT instead of drafting someone. That would almost gaurantee that you could fix 3 line positions.

Was listening to a guy on Sirius talk about Charlie J and he was saying that he is really better suited to play RG, possibly even LG at this level. By bringing in a Vet LT, you could move him (Charlie) to RG (Herrera is hurt way to much to rely on him) and would give Hutch a better guy on his left side which could extend his career possibly one more year. Then all you have to do is find a OL coach who can actually work with Load to help him with some of the issues he's been having this year.
    Unless some LT shows up for training camp 50 lbs overweight, there just aren't going to be any decent ones available. LT is a position that you simply don't see movement on. I do think that Johnson will move inside regardless, even if just a depth position.

Loadholt I am not sure about. I want to believe, but he has regressed significantly.

P.S. Glad you're still alive.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Unless some LT shows up for training camp 50 lbs overweight, there just aren't going to be any decent ones available. LT is a position that you simply don't see movement on. I do think that Johnson will move inside regardless, even if just a depth position.

Loadholt I am not sure about. I want to believe, but he has regressed significantly.

P.S. Glad you're still alive.
    I watched ole Big Mac about as much as I watched Matt last night. Sad to see Matt gettting laid out like that but BM didn't do so bad. I think this is one of the bad mistakes Leslie/staff made right next to paying Berrian not to run 8 and 9 routes.

They can/could be replaced, but do it when your ready and have a plan.

As to Load, I use him as one of my prime examples of how poor our coaching staff is. Man has he regressed. Some of that could be attributed to RG rotations, but not that much.

We really need to figure out what blocking scheme and stick with it instead of trying to run 4 versions. OL looks completely confused, especially Hutch and that is saying something.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Were you watching when they said that Birk was the best Center in the AFC East?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Well if they're locking up Sullivan as our center I guess that pretty much sets the tone as to how the Vikings OL issues will be addressed next year.

Don't be setting your hopes for playoffs next year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Were you watching when they said that Birk was the best Center in the AFC East?
    I must have missed that. Was it after or before he was pancaked 3 times in a row in the first quarter? Maybe it was after the 5th time the delayed blitz got to the QB (While he was helping out the G who didn't need help), about mid way through the second quarter.

Take alook at the stat lines for offensive lines on NFL stats. Pay close attention to QB hits. I do remember the announcer talking at length about how the Ravens fans being on Flacco for having another poor year, but then pointing out how many times Flacco gets hit. Last point he made was how the sack total would be higher if Flacco wasn't so good at getting rid of it.