Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Artest should be canned indefinitely!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    This is the state of our country. This is a societal problem just as much as it is Artest's problem. We all want to sit idolly by and hope we don't have to deal with it.

One year and 5 million is a huge price to make for a mistake. Five million, wow. That can hurt. He might even lose money in endorsements besides.

I understand everyones outrage towards Artest but we need nip this in the bud in the stands too. When we see fans that are acting out in the stands and misrepresenting our fan base. It is not right, to be swearing and making rude comments and insulting players and especially throwing items at them. That is a disgrace to see the people that weren't even involved throwing beer on the players walking to the locker room. Contact the attendents and have the offensive people removed. It will help people keep themselves accountable if they know they might be asked to leave because another member in the audience requests it.

Good parents teach this stuff at home but there are some kids that didn't have good parents. Unfortunately, we have to parent a lot of adults.

Also, there is a misconception that if you are insulted and don't confront the person, YOU ARE NOT A MAN. We need to take all the people that think this and put them in a cage match. The winner gets to live and he will be our frontier justice guy. Fear breeds more fear. What do you think those children in the crowd were thinking. Try to justify it to them. Try to explain to them they don't have to fear society after seeing that.

It takes more of a man to realize that someone else needs your forgiveness instead of your adrenaline. Violence breeds violence. Forgiveness teaches tolerence. A real man can stand down knowing there is a higher being that will pass judgement.

Our society is changing.
    Did you know why basketball games are sometimes called "cage matches" and basketball players referred to as "cagers"? It is because they actually used to have to put up a fence of sorts between the players and the fans to keep the fans off of the court...maybe they should bring that back to thwart stuff like this!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

They should maybe screen their season ticket holders for drunk driving records. The guy that started the fights was a three time loser. Then he step out of the way as Artest ran by him to get the other guy that was inocent. Then you see the guy again trying to pull Artest off of the inocent guy who by this time had already been hit.

I am glad that I have posted what I have posted do far about this. The evidence that has come forth is an example of our problem. Drunken Idiot!!!!!

Artest was provoked by an Idiot. I bet Artest feels like the Idiot for being duped like that. Hopefully Artest will think next time. Not next time, hopefully he will think sometime.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5100399.html

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

The people that started that fight wouldn't want any part of Artest if they were alone. They would sh*t their pants if they saw him coming after them. But the cowards think they are tough because they thought they could get away with it. I wish he would have beaten the guy real bad. And the office thing is a joke. How many people are going to come into your office and ride you about your mother and throw ice at you. I don't think Pa you would take it if it happened day in and day out!! You wouldn't last long before you lashed out. No one has the right to do that to another person. An obnoxious fan got what was coming to him!!
    Having said that I do not condone what Artest did and he shoul d be punished. I don't even like Artest, I think he is a punk, bu tthe penalty was too severe. I think that maybe twenty to twenty five games would have been sufficient for what transpired and criminal charges. As long as they press chrages on the fans that were involved too.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

I think the problem arises because some of the fans feel a sense of entitlement over the players since we do in fact pay thier salaries. Your going to have these problems in sports because you have groups of people taking sides in something that they feel strongly about.

Mix in alcohol and strong emotions then you have disaster, or a big crying dude sitting at a bar, but seriously look at the entire thing. Artest fouls Ben hard for no reason just because he is a dick. The game was one with only seconds remaining no reason for this. Ben rocks his world, and he goes to sit down on the scorers table, Ben was still trying to get to him. He couldn't the fan did it for him.

I assume the fan felt obligated to help his "friend" Ben Wallace out.
    If Stern wants results maybe he should limit the use of alcohol at the games. Perma Ban fans who even throw stuff on the court?

I don't understand what the argument is? I say heckle on no racial comments or anything over the top, but that is what sports has endured forever.

How the hell do you expect the fans to remain docile and quite and show good sportmanship when the players they Idolize these days exhibit the worst sports have to offer.

If you side with your team and your team has been pushing people in the face, fouling hard talking smack, and playing dirty then why do you expect the fans to rise above?

I assume they can't alot of fans feel they are an extention of their team and when the style of play is thuging and you relate to that then it is going to carry over. I feel no matter how you cut this up it still falls on the players.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I think the problem arises because some of the fans feel a sense of entitlement over the players since we do in fact pay thier salaries. Your going to have these problems in sports because you have groups of people taking sides in something that they feel strongly about.

Mix in alcohol and strong emotions then you have disaster, or a big crying dude sitting at a bar, but seriously look at the entire thing. Artest fouls Ben hard for no reason just because he is a dick. The game was one with only seconds remaining no reason for this. Ben rocks his world, and he goes to sit down on the scorers table, Ben was still trying to get to him. He couldn't the fan did it for him.

I assume the fan felt obligated to help his "friend" Ben Wallace out.
    If Stern wants results maybe he should limit the use of alcohol at the games. Perma Ban fans who even throw stuff on the court?

I don't understand what the argument is? I say heckle on no racial comments or anything over the top, but that is what sports has endured forever.

How the hell do you expect the fans to remain docile and quite and show good sportmanship when the players they Idolize these days exhibit the worst sports have to offer.

If you side with your team and your team has been pushing people in the face, fouling hard talking smack, and playing dirty then why do you expect the fans to rise above?

I assume they can't alot of fans feel they are an extention of their team and when the style of play is thuging and you relate to that then it is going to carry over. I feel no matter how you cut this up it still falls on the players.
    I think you have some very valid points. I can see how a teams reputation or attitude can be the same as the fans and vise versa.

I think the fans, the GOOD FANS can curb some excessive enthusiasm.

We can't let the other fans act that way. Point them out and have them removed. I am talking about the stuff night in and night out. It is too late to nip it in the bud the night an outbreak happens.

If you think you can make changes, you can make a difference.

The problem with our society is we(99.5%) take a back seat to anything controversial or anything that would take us out of our everyday slug routine. Slaves of the TV and Entertainment.

I am not saying anything new. It's been said before. When will a fire be lit under our arses.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    alright it is the fan's pussy way to throw a beer, but if someone throw a beer at you all in your office cubicle would you still go after him/her while at work? answer is "no" unless you want to get fired, which is what that asswipe needs. and the fans are just as responsible, but it is a professional key word "PROFESSIONAL" athlete's job to look the other way when they have a heckler... the only time i think it is okay to get a way with hitting someone for thrown beer whether you are working or not is a bar setting... then you can dish out the licks cause it is understood that is something like that can happen... artest is as big a pussy as the fans...an insecure rapper one-abee who cries to momma when he doesn't his way and throws temper tantrims... fire the F!!ck...never to return.
    why is he a rapper wannabe??????? he produced a R and B album for some other people, he didnt make a rap album. where did people get the idea he made an album himself?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12