Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Artest should be canned indefinitely!

this rap wannabee doushbag should be fired and not allowed back for at least 2 years... there is no excuse for this even if beer is being thrown. spectators are not responsible and the NBA is saying security is at fault and should revamped...bullshit! it is the players responsibility...NBA is a bunch of tripped-out thugs who have more ghetto tatoos than brains... what ever happened to class acts like Pistol Pete and david robinson...? fuck the NBA!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

ummm, spectators should be held responsible for their actions. someone tosses a beer on you while you are at work what are you going to do, just let it slide? i think id be just a bit angry.

just cause you bought a ticket it doesnt give you the right to throw things at people.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

skogs02 is offline Starter

going to a game is a privelage.Those fans are absolute idiots

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"poult" wrote:
    ummm, spectators should be held responsible for their actions. someone tosses a beer on you while you are at work what are you going to do, just let it slide? i think id be just a bit angry.

just cause you bought a ticket it doesnt give you the right to throw things at people.
    Yep id be a bit angry and would never let something like that slide. LIke i said, id prolly go after that guy when he through his beverage.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

You guys are exactly right. That little coward p*#sy would never do that to Artest in an alley by himself. Just because he bought a ticket doesn't give him the right to demean another human being. That punk didn't get what he deserved, someone held Artset back. I wished Artest got a few good ones in on him. I would have liked to see that guy beaten pretty good. It might make him think twice the next time he thought he was a tough guy!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

alright it is the fan's pussy way to throw a beer, but if someone throw a beer at you all in your office cubicle would you still go after him/her while at work? answer is "no" unless you want to get fired, which is what that asswipe needs. and the fans are just as responsible, but it is a professional key word "PROFESSIONAL" athlete's job to look the other way when they have a heckler... the only time i think it is okay to get a way with hitting someone for thrown beer whether you are working or not is a bar setting... then you can dish out the licks cause it is understood that is something like that can happen... artest is as big a pussy as the fans...an insecure rapper one-abee who cries to momma when he doesn't his way and throws temper tantrims... fire the fuck...never to return.

fan4favre is offline Starter

"skogs02" wrote:
    going to a game is a privelage.Those fans are absolute idiots
    Wrong answer. These fans pay those animals salaries. Here is a thought: Stop paying to watch these thugs and watch this sport fade into oblivion!!!!

:angryfire:

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

I believe Artest should be banned for the season without pay. I would also like to see his salary go towards the charity of the NBA's choice. Let the money do some good.
    When he is re-instated, he should be on probation and if another occurrence happens, a two year ban.

Now, to the fans. When purchasing the ticket, they have the right to cheer, jeer, shout, or boo for or against either team. They may also single out certain players to agitate them. However, racial slurs or throwing any object at them should not be tolerated and should be dealt with swiftly. The man who hit artest should immediately be banned from the arena, lose his season tickets if he had them, and face criminal charges for assault and battery as well as punitive damages to the NBA for tarnishing their business product.

Artest as well should face criminal charges for he also attacked an innocent man.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

This is the state of our country. This is a societal problem just as much as it is Artest's problem. We all want to sit idolly by and hope we don't have to deal with it.

One year and 5 million is a huge price to make for a mistake. Five million, wow. That can hurt. He might even lose money in endorsements besides.

I understand everyones outrage towards Artest but we need nip this in the bud in the stands too. When we see fans that are acting out in the stands and misrepresenting our fan base. It is not right, to be swearing and making rude comments and insulting players and especially throwing items at them. That is a disgrace to see the people that weren't even involved throwing beer on the players walking to the locker room. Contact the attendents and have the offensive people removed. It will help people keep themselves accountable if they know they might be asked to leave because another member in the audience requests it.

Good parents teach this stuff at home but there are some kids that didn't have good parents. Unfortunately, we have to parent a lot of adults.

Also, there is a misconception that if you are insulted and don't confront the person, YOU ARE NOT A MAN. We need to take all the people that think this and put them in a cage match. The winner gets to live and he will be our frontier justice guy. Fear breeds more fear. What do you think those children in the crowd were thinking. Try to justify it to them. Try to explain to them they don't have to fear society after seeing that.

It takes more of a man to realize that someone else needs your forgiveness instead of your adrenaline. Violence breeds violence. Forgiveness teaches tolerence. A real man can stand down knowing there is a higher being that will pass judgement.

Our society is changing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Also who should have the right to be throwing out negative comments at another person. These players are people to. We treat them like they are not human. We idolize them because they are athletes.

The players are not doing or saying anything to us in the stands. If they do say something, it is probably because they were provoked. I have been at a few games where players say stuff to the crowd when they make a good play, trying to quiet the crowd. The players also need to start playing and not showboating the fans don't need no backtalk.

I am not coming down on anyone on this site. I am just stating my opinions. I am no saint, I am just saying that we need to be able to identify what is wrong and what is right and do a better job of doing the right thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast