Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Around the Horn

Around the Horn

Ok i found it the show is called NFL Live and the white male said it (lol sorry no name) and i know its a long shot but i still think that they wont make the playoffs (someones gotta say it LOL)

Purpleshrine is offline Training Camp

Around the Horn

Your talking about Merill Hoge. He said it on Monday Night Countdown and on NFL 2 Night yesterday. I think they'll make the playoffs but thay wont be as good as everyone is making them out to be. Everyone praises them for getting TO and Kearse, but they fail to mention that they lost Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor. Gaining an All-pro WR and an injury-prone DE and losing 2 All-pro CB's doesn't add up to a succesful offseason in my opinion. At best, they broke even

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Around the Horn

"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:
    i just heard today on espn (i cant remember who said it or what show it was) but one guy who has his own show said that phillie will not make it too the playoffs, do you guys agree with this.... I thought that phillie wouldnt make the playoffs like 3 weeks ago, i just do'nt see T.O. doin any better in phillie as he did in san fran. (whch he only caught about 8 balls per game) and also the guy does make some plays but they are very few. Ill try to find who said it and get more on the suject...

Owens only catches 8 balls a game???? How many do you need to catch to be a good receiver? How many did their leading receiver catch per game last year? Probably like 2 or 3. TO had a horrible year last year and look at his #'s, they were still pretty damn good #'s. Truth is, no matter how much you hate TO(as I do), he is a huge huge upgrape at WR for the eagles.

I think kearse will flurish under johnson(the eagles D coordinator) and his Defensive scheme, like hugh douglas did. If he stays healthy, expect around 15 or so sacks from kearse. D'Hani jones was also an upgrade IMO over emmons(check the two guys stats to see that).

I definately see the eagles as one of the better teams in the NFC this year, along with the vikes, seacocks, and packers(hate to say it but I think it is true). Remember, the eagles divison doesn't look all that good this year. The eagles should be able to win most of their division games and at least win the division.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Around the Horn

"Purpleshrine" wrote:
    Your talking about Merill Hoge. He said it on Monday Night Countdown and on NFL 2 Night yesterday. I think they'll make the playoffs but thay wont be as good as everyone is making them out to be. Everyone praises them for getting TO and Kearse, but they fail to mention that they lost Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor. Gaining an All-pro WR and an injury-prone DE and losing 2 All-pro CB's doesn't add up to a succesful offseason in my opinion. At best, they broke even

What your failing to see is that the eagles were undefeated when both lito shepard and sheldon brown started together, 6-0. It isn't like these 2 guys haven't played. They have played and proven they can be fine CB's. Both vincent and taylor were getting old and also injury prone. They missed a ton of time last year and that helped the eagles to realize they could let both of them go. People are knocking the eagles too much for that move, but it was a good one, just like letting hugh douglas(who sucked last year) go last year. The guys on sunday night football said it best when they were talking about the eagles D coordinator. They said that he is such a good coordinator that he could put almost any players in his system, and be successful. The doubters will see this again this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12