Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Armed Forces

I know this has nothing to do with the vikes, but im currently seeking to go to the armed forces prolly the Marines and since u guys are my second family i was just wondering what u guys think my g/f says that i shouldent and all this and that but what u guys think i want to but then i get nervous idk im reallythinking about going.

just write back different ideas and or expirences.

thanks to all that write back
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Armed Forces

"billvike" wrote:
    I know this has nothing to do with the vikes, but im currently seeking to go to the armed forces prolly the Marines and since u guys are my second family i was just wondering what u guys think my g/f says that i shouldent and all this and that but what u guys think i want to but then i get nervous idk im reallythinking about going.

just write back different ideas and or expirences.

thanks to all that write back
    If you really want to go then go for it but realize what you are getting into and sleep on it.

Prophet Guest

Tough decision. I would pray about it and give yourself at least a month to think through the pros/cons of the decision and talk to people that have been in the Marines/armed forces and other people you respect regarding alternative options for your life/career. I definitely recommend taking your time making the decision. You are the only person that will be able to make this decision.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

That's a tough decision man. Just thinking about it means you're a braver man than I am. Sleep on it, pray about it, talk with your family about it. In the end it's a personal decision, but not one to be taken lightly. Good luck!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

This is all good advice. But, billvike, perhaps you could explain a bit more why you're interested in joining the armed forces. What are your reasons for joining? What do you want to get out of it? I think if you can answer those questions, some of the folks here can speak to your interests and help you get the information you're seeking.

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Greetings,
    I have been in for over 20 years and a die hard purple and gold fan. If the idea of being in the military excites you, research and make a decision. For myself, I am actually scared to think of what would have happened to me if had not of joined. I love the travel and excitment but the best of all is to be able to say I served the best country in the world! Good luck with your decision! GO VIKES!

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

My interest is that i wanna get physically fit, its good pay cuz right now im working at sa making 7.50 a hr. i know id miss my family and my gf but i think its what i need to make me more in to a adult and make me more mature i wanna go over and fight and just help out america.. just so i can say i was one of the few and the proud and so when im old i can tell my kids about it.
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

"billvike" wrote:
    My interest is that i wanna get physically fit, its good pay cuz right now im working at sa making 7.50 a hr. i know id miss my family and my gf but i think its what i need to make me more in to a adult and make me more mature i wanna go over and fight and just help out america.. just so i can say i was one of the few and the proud and so when im old i can tell my kids about it.
    Roger,
    All good reasons. Like was stated before, YOU have to know what is right for you. If you think it is what you want, go for it!

I have known soldiers that have joined and hated it, and I know many soldiers who love the military. Again, it is what you make of it. Just like any other job, if you put your soul and drive in it, you will succeed. I joined in 1985 for 4 years and thought "wow, four years is a long time". Now, I have over 20 years in. I have been in 18 foreign countries, I have met President Regan, done many things I thought I would never do. So for myself, the absolute right choice. Do want to stay in for a little while or a career?
    Dave

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

wow. this is a life changing decision for sure. Make sure you are doing it for the right reason. I was in the U.S Army for 8 years and I didn't join for the right reasons and I hated it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast