Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Apology and Ramblings

The thing I would be most concerned with is the blocking scheme. How to keep my lineman from running too far down field too soon, how to have them block anyway. We have a number system in place now that I don't think would work for an option.

IMO Options are dangerous in a good way when run well, they are very dangerous if you can't run them well LOL.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Let's see...
    Culpepper can't pass because the offensive line is not offering him protection and he panics. Could that be a problem with your offensive line and QB, too?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I used to be a fan of the option (especially in college) but now players are too disciplined and defenses cover it too well. In high school it may work better. The thing I do like about the option is the ability to throw out of it. There is big pass play potential with the option when the QB drops back to pass, or it could be an option with a RB option pass! Ohhhh, that would be awesome. Put your other QB at RB and just pitch to him right away and he could be the passer!! There you go, problem solved!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I used to be a fan of the option (especially in college) but now players are too disciplined and defenses cover it too well. In high school it may work better. The thing I do like about the option is the ability to throw out of it. There is big pass play potential with the option when the QB drops back to pass, or it could be an option with a RB option pass! Ohhhh, that would be awesome. Put your other QB at RB and just pitch to him right away and he could be the passer!! There you go, problem solved!

That's actually a pretty dang good idea. I'm going to draw something up for my game later today and give that a try. Then I can try and switch it up and weasle my Qb into becoming a quasi HB. Good Idea Thanks man. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Cojo- The o-line is probably the best in the division (on my team) big corn fed bovines.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

If you don't have faith in the option a power I is a good system too. That is just smash mouth football, three yards and a cloud of dust.

The blocking system - you are testing me now, I haven't coached in four years.

I used a number system - If you are running strong side for example I would count from the center. If I remember correctly if it is a 4-4 you can take the weak ilb with the center leave the strong ilb alone he should be reading the fullback. In other words if the fullback goes through the two hole and that ilb is not there the QB should hand the ball off to the fullback. The guard will take the DT and the tackle will hit the DE. Now you have options with the slot, I would double down the tackle to make sure I had the corner. You can also send the slot around to the silb if you like. Or another option is for the slot to head for the safety. WR on DB and the Qb reads the olb. Back side blocking would be for the guard to seal off the wolb and the tackle to cut the DT. You can also chip block the tackle with the guard then go to the wolb. This is just one option for the blocking scheme, I don't know how serious you are about changing your offense. If you want any more info let me know, It has been a long time so I may be out of date with terms or Defenses. Where I am from there is very little 4-3 so if you run into that often you will have to dajust for that. I don't know if that helps you but there are other ways to block the 4-4 also. Normally the counting system would be different with the center having silb and then it is easy to count.

x x x

x 1x x x

x x 2x 3x

o o 1o 2o 3 o o
    o o

o o

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Sorry Del,

I tried to show a 4-4 and how to block it but it shoved all the x's and o's into one big mess.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I like my idea better of dropping the dad with a good upper-cut!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I'll tell you what that is why I handed the issue over to the school, they are trained to deal with this. I would probably just end up throwing a fit. I about lost it with the director of our football program who is the guy who is strong arming the sophmore team to HAVE this kid as qb.

It's really negating a lot of hard work, and it's really not fair to anyone involved. How much will it cost me to have you come knock him out Whack? Let me know :grin:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

That's actually a pretty dang good idea. I'm going to draw something up for my game later today and give that a try. Then I can try and switch it up and weasle my Qb into becoming a quasi HB. Good Idea Thanks man. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Cojo- The o-line is probably the best in the division (on my team) big corn fed bovines.

Sweet! I hope you use it. It's weird that it just came to mind, but if you have such great blocking like you say it should work especially if they are athletic enough to roll out with the runners! Hopefully it will work!! Good luck tonight!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del not much from you today, how did the game go last night?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast