Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Apology and Ramblings

That's pretty logical, ethical not really.......but the whole situation isn't...if he doesn't fake an injury someone might cause him one. I am thinking of holding a team meeting to hash it out.............THERES NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!!!

Drama.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Does he have any talent, can he do anything as a QB? Hand the ball off, pitch on a sweep, ANYTHING? Maybe have your QB that you want in there play a running back and you could have him pitch it to your RB and he can throw the ball. I feel for you man I have had parents in my face. They have no idea about football or their kids abilities, they just know he is on the team and they want him to start. Good luck Dude!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

I was going to put him at wing, since we run a double wing offense, because about all he has going for him honestly is speed. He may make a good track person.

He can't throw, he has a hard time at the position in every aspect. We run a lot and that is fine, when we do score that is how it is done. But teams key on us. I figured hey they key on the run I throw some play action so we do it and he still gets picked off.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Your QB:

Because his did is buying bleachers for the school...he has to be QB? Isn't that like a bribe? Who says it has to be this way? Anyways, just run the ball more. Establish your run game and it will open the passing game. What kind of drops is the kid doing? You may want to adjust that too. Have the WR's come back to the ball and make the plays simple. Or, get on the WR's and have them get open more.

Words:

I have been a fierce competitor my entire life also. I make everything a competition and I always want to come out on top. You can win with words and you of all people have done so.

Top Speed:

.....his post was a little off the wall IMO. You had a little fun and it escalated into military grade explosives (you'll have that). No harm done.

My nipple:

Actually did get bit off.

Later and good luck with the QB.

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your QB:

Because his did is buying bleachers for the school...he has to be QB? Isn't that like a bribe? Who says it has to be this way? Anyways, just run the ball more. Establish your run game and it will open the passing game. What kind of drops is the kid doing? You may want to adjust that too. Have the WR's come back to the ball and make the plays simple. Or, get on the WR's and have them get open more.

Words:

I have been a fierce competitor my entire life also. I make everything a competition and I always want to come out on top. You can win with words and you of all people have done so.

Top Speed:

.....his post was a little off the wall IMO. You had a little fun and it escalated into military grade explosives (you'll have that). No harm done.

My nipple:

Actually did get bit off.

Later and good luck with the QB.
    It's an ugly situation and basically it is a bribe. I would cause hell, but after thise year I will be eligible to be an assistant line coach at the University of Utah. I'm in a coaching program, that I am taking aside from my masters in visual comm. I had to coach 3 years of HS football plus take the courses. So I am very excited about the next step.

As far as the kid goes almost all of our routes have become short. I have a very good long snapper so we often let him take the shotgun, other then that it's about a 4 step drop. The line is solid, last week though I got a glimpse of one of my pet peeves. Our RG let a lineman go untouched 2 times during the game, and on film I saw him getting high fives (not so high) from the center and RT.

When I played it happened that the line would let the D get a clean shot, so I am not surprised. I don't stand for it mainly because the kids health is at risk so I have a new right side starting today which may actually put him more at risk lol.

I figure I will ride it out, and leave after the season and get ready to get my feet wet at U of U.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Roll that QB out!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's an ugly situation and basically it is a bribe. I would cause hell, but after thise year I will be eligible to be an assistant line coach at the University of Utah. I'm in a coaching program, that I am taking aside from my masters in visual comm. I had to coach 3 years of HS football plus take the courses. So I am very excited about the next step.

I figure I will ride it out, and leave after the season and get ready to get my feet wet at U of U.
    Sounds like a great opportunity. Like what has already been said, you will be teaching more to these kids than football. Good luck and keep up the good work.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Just run the option instead of passing the ball!

Del Rio Guest

I have no idea how to run the option. I guess now would be a good time to learn. I have a game in about 4 hours so it wont be today but I will try that out next week and see how it goes. Bright kids so if I keep it simple they may have it down in a week or two.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Basic option

One the QB quickly decides if the hole is open for the fullback. If it is closed he runs down the line of scrimmage- he reads the de in a 5-3 in a 4-4 it would be the outside linebacker. If the OLB attacks the QB he pitches it. If the olb goes after the RB the QB turns it up and tries to get to the seam before the DB and S can catch him.

That is it in a nutshell, now perfecting takes alot of practice. If you decide to try it there are some drills you can do with the QB to help him with his pitches and steps.

Also you can pitch and throw from this formation.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast