Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Apology and Ramblings

Frustrating is a good word for the season so far I would say. I personally enjoy just being able to actually watch football on television again. There have been many posts this week on our progress, a lot of posts about coaches, a lot of posts about our players.

All I can say (and I am speaking for myself here) is when teams hit the bottom they usually start building back up. I think we hit bottom last week. With the talent level we have I imagine the rise up will start this week. Of course no one really knows though. You all better pray for a win, because I made a bet in the chat room last weekend, and if I lose the bet none of you will be able to eat for weeks and J-Dogg and I will have something in common.

Now I don’t make excuses. I just don’t. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now that I find a wee bit stressful. The team I coach has a QB that cannot for the life of him throw the ball; I am not allowed to demote him. Any suggestions would be appreciated not on demoting him, but on how to help him see the field better, and throw better. My wife is prego, and she has morning sickness, I am working on my masters degree, the Vikings have been struggling, and I had my nipple bitten off by a squirrel (not really but it sounded good at the time) All that being said I haven’t been able to sell my sarcasm as well.

I owe Top-Speed a public apology. You said I didn’t respect you and I think you are right. I could argue with you all day about the actual writings, but I think what it comes down to is the over all respect. I didn’t give that to you and like I said I apologize. I don’t want to hold a grudge, or to have one held against me. If you can I would really appreciate we put it in the past with the knowledge that I will pay more attention to what I am saying and to who I am saying it to.

There are a lot of people I have butt heads with on here. If I was to apologize to you all, well it’s just not going to happen, because next thing you know I’m on trading spaces painting a wicker basket for plastic flowers as homework. I like to compete; I have spent my whole life doing it. You never win with words. I still take pleasure in it though, and MOST of the time if you get going with someone who has a sense of humor and doesn’t mind the back and forth it can be ok.

I say a lot of shit and it comes across as me saying I’M RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG! That’s not my intent. It’s not your job to have to figure it out. It is my job to convey what I am trying to say more accurately.

I feel dirty now, like I just had a conversation with the wife about the toilet paper roll being left on the roller. So I will finish by saying the Minnesota Vikings are going to beat the hell out of the Saints. When the men line up and muscles get tense, the ball moves, we are going to be the ones controlling the line. It’s that fraction of a second when time stops and your brain tells your legs to fire, that wins the game. I have a good feeling about this one.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Apology and Ramblings

It's all good in the purple hood (I had to steal that from someone) Del Rio. As for that QB, get him to roll out or something and have only one or two targets as his options, if they aren't open have him run like he!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

6-KINGS Guest

Group hugg!!!

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

And you said "beat the hell outta the Saints"

Is that possible?
    I thought Saints were in Heaven?

NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK!

Del Rio Guest

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    It's all good in the purple hood (I had to steal that from someone) Del Rio. As for that QB, get him to roll out or something and have only one or two targets as his options, if they aren't open have him run like he!!
    See I'm a sick bastard though and the phrase purple hood just makes me laugh lol.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Del Cheer up, You have your health and from the sounds of it the voices in your head that are speaking to you are giving you good info. for the most part.

As for your QB, a little trick I used to do was to write down all the good attributes of your player and all of the bad attributes. That takes out the frustration factor, sometimes you are so intense on a subject you can not objectively think about it. Once you write them down see if you have been putting him in a situation to succeed. Check out your game film and analyze it like it is your opponent's game film and you do not know the young man.

Once you have made your analysis alter your game plan, i. e. If your QB has a weak arm leave out the deep outs to the sideline especially if the dbs are quick. If your QB is nervous in the pocket roll him out or use more dump offs.

Let someone else be the go to guy. Or depend on your defense and call a more conservaite game and try to win it in the end. A two minute drive that wins the game may just be the ticket to get your young man the confidence he needs.

I have had teams that can score in three plays and teams that took a quarter, the main thing is get the most out of your players. Enjoy the game and realize you may have a team that is going to go 1-9 or a team that 9-1. If you coach high school the record is secondary you are teaching these young men the proper way to fit into society and for that you should be commended.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

Or you could put one of those dog shock collars on him under his unie.
    Then just zap him when he does something wrong.
    I bet in no time he will be very focused and do the job right.

Hey it works on my 3 year old

LOL

Del Rio Guest

The situation is bit complicated.

The guy is QB because his dad wants him to be. We have talked about it many times (me and the QB)

He is in the position he is in because the dad is buying our team all new bleachers. I asked the kid if he wanted to sit and he said yes, he hates football.

So I called him into the coaching office and asked him what was going on in school at home yada, yada. He's a good kid, bright but he just has no desire to play QB at all. I gave him a pep talk about if he HAD to be there that he should have fun with it and do it for his teamates for his friends not his dad.

What I really wanted to tell him to do is tell his dad to blow it out his ass. It was obvious that isn't going to happen. The big problem is the team itself can't stand him. They put their hearts into it and hold it against him that he is losing these games for them. He seems to be getting better. I have his seeing the school counselor. I am secretly hoping they bring his dad in and discuss what he (the son) wants to do. I shouls have just done it myself but I made the mistake of mentioning it and the kid freaked out.

SO I am trying to teach him as much as I can about football, and being a QB. Meanwhile I have a wing that is supposed to be recruited by Div 1 schools that is pissed because he isn't getting any passes. And a defense that is #4 in the state that is scoring more then the offense.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The situation is bit complicated.

The guy is QB because his dad wants him to be. We have talked about it many times (me and the QB)

He is in the position he is in because the dad is buying our team all new bleachers. I asked the kid if he wanted to sit and he said yes, he hates football.

So I called him into the coaching office and asked him what was going on in school at home yada, yada. He's a good kid, bright but he just has no desire to play QB at all. I gave him a pep talk about if he HAD to be there that he should have fun with it and do it for his teamates for his friends not his dad.

What I really wanted to tell him to do is tell his dad to blow it out his jiggly butt. It was obvious that isn't going to happen. The big problem is the team itself can't stand him. They put their hearts into it and hold it against him that he is losing these games for them. He seems to be getting better. I have his seeing the school counselor. I am secretly hoping they bring his dad in and discuss what he (the son) wants to do. I shouls have just done it myself but I made the mistake of mentioning it and the kid freaked out.

SO I am trying to teach him as much as I can about football, and being a QB. Meanwhile I have a wing that is supposed to be recruited by Div 1 schools that is pissed because he isn't getting any passes. And a defense that is #4 in the state that is scoring more then the offense.

That is tough Del, could you move the kid to another position and would he be good at it if you did. Maybe running back or TE?

Tho dad has money, he has to see that his kid is stinking up the place! I say you call dad in and have a heart to heart. If that does not work, I say you bust him one in the chops and wake his ass up.

Good luck, and keep us informed!

I know some guys that would take him out for cheap, if that helps.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Del in that situation you just have to grin and bear it.

I don't remember this saying but I know part of it. So someone help me out.

Give me the power to change the things that I can

the patience for those I can not

And the wisdom to know the difference.

I know someone will come up with the saying but what I am trying to say is Del don't try to make steak out fo hamburger.

Chill and enjoy the season like you told that youngster!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Prophet Guest

Fake an injury. A feigned broken leg may be just the ticket. Put a cast on his leg and he's not playing football, the dad is off his ass, and the team is happy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast