Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Apologies To All (Except Bryzcheapski)

Got up, got a cup of coffee, checked sportspyder and found out Rice left us cause the Seachickens had more money.

Result, I've made some pretty gruff/angry posts. I apologize to those who I might have offended.

EXCEPT Brycheapski. Hey better get off his ass and sign a WR who can replace Rice's role in the scheme. The scary thing is he might have already done it and is happy with his efforts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Apologies To All (Except Bryzcheapski)

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101444
    Got up, got a cup of coffee, checked sportspyder and found out Rice left us cause the Seachickens had more money.

Result, I've made some pretty gruff/angry posts. I apologize to those who I might have offended.

EXCEPT Brycheapski. Hey better get off his ass and sign a WR who can replace Rice's role in the scheme. The scary thing is he might have already done it and is happy with his efforts.
    I couldn't figure out why they didn't sign Rice, Edwards, and Greenway last season. Now we find out they have cap issues.

They will need to lock up AP long term and Percy isn't making much and may become a hold out next year.

I favor not spending a lot in free agency but not signing your young players before the end of their first contract doesn't allow you to ever build a complete team.

Makes me question whether the organization has a clue.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1101601

I couldn't figure out why they didn't sign Rice, Edwards, and Greenway last season. Now we find out they have cap issues.

They will need to lock up AP long term and Percy isn't making much and may become a hold out next year.

I favor not spending a lot in free agency but not signing your young players before the end of their first contract doesn't allow you to ever build a complete team.

Wasn't to long ago I lauded the FO guys. Now, like you, sometimes they leave me scratching my head.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't anticipate some of the stuff they could have done this year and went out and signed guys last year or the atleast the year before.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101605

Wasn't to long ago I lauded the FO guys. Now, like you, sometimes they leave me scratching my head.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't anticipate some of the stuff they could have done this year and went out and signed guys last year or the atleast the year before.
    Some of us tried to 'splain that to you for years but you insisted on telling us were were building depth for the future and when I tried to tell you they were building "to win now" vs the long term you were adamant that they would be contending for a long time under Childress.

Glad to see you are finally seeing the light. The FO has done a poor job of finding solid talent throughout the draft. Yes, they did find great players in Peterson, Harvin and Greenway but the 2nd round and down players have been anything but impressive.

Plus they spent a crapload of money on FA players coming off their first contracts and those are going to start to expire, requiring us to have to do it again because we have not drafted and developed guys to take their place.

Big FA money will only get the team so far.

CPonderFan is offline Rookie

As much as i hate to say it...i think we should start selling off our studs, collect draft picks and build around a small nucleus of young players. But we wont do it because of trying to get a stadium... So lets give away our future to try and win now
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101728

Some of us tried to 'splain that to you for years but you insisted on telling us were were building depth for the future and when I tried to tell you they were building "to win now" vs the long term you were adamant that they would be contending for a long time under Childress.

Glad to see you are finally seeing the light. The FO has done a poor job of finding solid talent throughout the draft. Yes, they did find great players in Peterson, Harvin and Greenway but the 2nd round and down players have been anything but impressive.

Plus they spent a crapload of money on FA players coming off their first contracts and those are going to start to expire, requiring us to have to do it again because we have not drafted and developed guys to take their place.

They don't have a problem finding talent. They have a problem keeping it.

Besides, this was an apology thread, not a hack on the FO pukes thread. :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "CPonderFan" #1101729
    As much as i hate to say it...i think we should start selling off our studs, collect draft picks and build around a small nucleus of young players. But we wont do it because of trying to get a stadium... So lets give away our future to try and win now
    A couple of 6th round picks isn't really giving the future away my friend.

I think the staff is trying to be competive each and every year. Sometimes, however, us fans just don't see the rationale behind what they are trying to do.

I for one, think the Rice loss was a bigger blow than they want to admit, but I also think they have a plan when it comes to how they will replace that production.

It will be a mix of Percy and alot of TE's mixed in with one hell of a running game. In short, will we miss Rice? Yes, but I think (I hope) they will limit that with the play calling.

On a side note, just added you to a few spreadsheets. Like some of the stuff you threw up on the site. Keep em coming.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

LOL.. gotta love the "im sorry i posted that" threads. :laugh:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101746
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101728

They don't have a problem finding talent. They have a problem keeping it.

Besides, this was an apology thread, not a hack on the FO pukes thread. :laugh:
    they have a problem developing anyone except sure fire first round talent