Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Anyone work from home?

So they have a new position open here to work from home doing basically my same job. It would add a couple of new things to it, but its kind of tempting.

It sounds great... work naked, have sports center on all day, be in the comfort of my own home. (well work in my pj's anyway)

But, I kind of think that I need the office interaction.

Does anyone work from home on a daily basis that can give me some advice?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anyone work from home?

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    So they have a new position open here to work from home doing basically my same job. It would add a couple of new things to it, but its kind of tempting.

It sounds great... work naked, have sports center on all day, be in the comfort of my own home. (well work in my pj's anyway)

But, I kind of think that I need the office interaction.

Does anyone work from home on a daily basis that can give me some advice?
    Need an assistant? :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I don't work from home, but I know I couldn't do that..... I am a people person and I need that interaction....... IF you don't like people, then I say go for it!

Thanks Lotza!

"damien927" wrote:
    I don't work from home, but I know I couldn't do that..... I am a people person and I need that interaction....... IF you don't like people, then I say go for it!
    Thats the only thing thats holding me back. I love the people I work with. However, most of the day I wouldn't be alone. Lance gets off at 1:30 so he'd be home a majority of the day, but that might end up being TOO much time together.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"damien927" wrote:
    Thats the only thing thats holding me back. I love the people I work with. However, most of the day I wouldn't be alone. Lance gets off at 1:30 so he'd be home a majority of the day, but that might end up being TOO much time together.
    It might end up being a distraction too. In my case..... the more flexible my schedule is, the more I try to fit things in and it could cause problems. You don't want to be doing your work at all hours to catch up cause you bailed when Lance got home do ya?

Thanks Lotza!

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

After another month i'll be working at home twice a week, i'm a business analyst/consultant for a software firm. The only reason i'm doing this however is to avoid the 40 minute drive there and back, so it's very tempting. That's another thing you can consider, possibly working at home a few days a week, and at the office the others, if that's possible?

Depending on commute to work, this could be even better. Especially on the wallet when it comes to gas, i spend upwards of $150 a month just on gas...really don't like that!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"damien927" wrote:
    Seriously, you would be bored out of your mind working from home...plus Lance would just be a distraction to you...especially if he sees you working naked! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I'm focused enough that I would always get my work done. Thats not what I'm worried about... I guess I'll just see. I have lots of questions about the position that I'm waiting to get answered so... we'll see.

Prophet Guest

I work from home whenever I can, average a day or two a week this time of year. You have to stay focused and have an area that is just for work or it's easy to get sidetracked.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Hell, I'd JUMP on the opportunity to work from home!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast