Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Anyone played college football?

"Mr" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    MR Anderson:

I play WR

5'9 135 4.48 in my Sophmore year.

Its cool I know its going to be tough to make the squad. Its not something I been playing on doing, I have something backed up but recently I been wanting to get back on the field.

You can get away with being 5'9" as a college WR, but not 135 pounds.

You'd have to gain about 50 pounds to even be looked at, and in a year, that's not going to happen without some serious hormone therapy if you know what I mean. Even then, 50 pounds in a year isn't doable.

Like Ultra said, you're gonna have to do the juco route, and really stand out there.

Best of luck to you, let us know if you make the squad. I'll most definitely be at the game next year.

5' 9" 185 pounds?
    Seems pretty heavy for that short of a frame.

I don't think he would have to gain THAT much weight to play college ball.

35 pounds duvoldomo
    (170) ....you can handle that.
    ;D

EDIT:
    Doing a quick 30 seconds of research shows that most shorter NFL receivers (5' 9") do weight in around 185 pounds.

Couldn't you get by a little smaller than that though as a college freshman?

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    MR Anderson:

I play WR

Its cool I know its going to be tough to make the squad. Its not something I been playing on doing, I have something backed up but recently I been wanting to get back on the field.

You'd have to gain about 50 pounds to even be looked at, and in a year, that's not going to happen without some serious hormone therapy if you know what I mean. Even then, 50 pounds in a year isn't doable.

Like Ultra said, you're gonna have to do the juco route, and really stand out there.

Best of luck to you, let us know if you make the squad. I'll most definitely be at the game next year.

5' 9" 185 pounds?

35 pounds duvoldomo
    ;D

EDIT:
    Doing a quick 30 seconds of research shows that most shorter NFL receivers (5' 9") do weight in around 185 pounds.

Yeh I could do that. The thing is I have very high metabolism, if you see the way I eat you wouldnt think I would be this small. But if that is what I have to do to make the squad im up for it. Plus im getting my own weight set (well actually my brothers for his birthday this saturday) but ima be in there much more than I do now.

Thanks guys you really helped out, that should be enough information for now.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    MR Anderson:

I play WR

5' 9" 185 pounds?

35 pounds duvoldomo
    ;D

EDIT:

See what happens when you doubt my knowledge before doing your research?
    ;D

JK, I know it seems heavy, but if you think about it, an average 5'10 guy can weigh 185 easily without looking big. Like my roommate. He looks like a pretty skinny guy, but steps on the scale at 185.

And yes, you could get by as a college freshman if you were a little lighter, BUT, he's not a recruit. He'd have to walk on, and it takes a hell of a lot for a walk on to make the team, so you better at least be the right size if you want to make it.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

In norway, we don't have american football in college (I wish we did!) but I play on a private club called the Oslo Vikings. I had to choose between the Vikings or another club called the VÃ¥lerenga Trolls. Of course I had to choose the Vikings
    ;D

Our color is red and white and our helmets are just like the Vikings, only with a red backround and white horns.

For now, I play mostly WR, CB or even outside linebacker sometimes. When I lived in Michigan I also played on a high-school team. I played mostly defensive end then (small scool
    )
    I am 6' 1" and weights 154 pounds. I would love to add some more muscle mass on my frame (about 10+ pounds) but it takes time
    :-

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck sir

Go the Community College route

Then transfer if you stand out

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No, haven't played college ball.
    I'm at a D-1 school right now and am friends with one of the recruiters.
    I doubt he would even listen to a recruit that is relatively small with basically no experience.
    You could walk on, but even then you would be tossed around like a rag doll at 135 lbs.

The JC is your only reasonable option at this point.
    I wouldn't give up on your dreams, go out, play tough and show your desire to play.
    You should stand out from the pack of folks in any JC with your worth ethic and production.
    This will have to be something you want and want badly.

Good luck!
    Surround yourself with positive people and work hard at it if you really want it.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    I dont know man I messed up. Before last year ended I I was working and didnt want to get involved in work and football, I would have no time to my self. And I wasnt planning on going to college for football so I just let it go.
    I hear ya my friend but if you have the talent and work hard you should be able to do both and suceed as well.
    Case in point.
    Wildmand is a senior this year and is Capt of his golf team and made the Baseball team again.

He is struggling with some of those issues you mention above as he tries to mix work, school and sports.
    This time of year is pretty hectic for him.

Morning workouts for baseball (fallball), Golf, and works till 9:00PM almost every day of the week now as its gearing up for hunting season and fall striper season.

Basically we say "Have a good day" as he heads out the door (sometimes around 5AM) and "How was your day" around 9:00 PM.

Nice thing is, now that he is a senior we are seeing some benifits.
    He was scouted at his last golf tournament.

Anyway, I would have done everything I could have done to play at the next level. Problem is I sucked at sports.
    Wildman has a bit of talent (not enough IMHO) but works damn hard to overcome my gene pool I gave him.

Long story short, if you want it, and have the talent, go for it but it won't be easy.
    As someone once said, if it was easy, everyone would do it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Is football really the only thing that interests you in life? Are your grades/ Test scores good enough to get into Maryland? I think you need to seriously analyze your future when making this decision. If you think playing football is going to be a big part of your future then go for it but from the sounds of it, it's not. you only have experience at the JV level and have been out of football for two years. You're undersized for your position so unless you have amazing natural talent, you're probably not going to get any looks as a walkon.

If you want my honest opinion, the road to playing football at anything past the JuCo level is going to be extremely tough for you. If you can get into a legit University right now then, I know this sounds harsh, but forget about football. If football is really your only option of getting into a good school (which I doubt considering you haven't played for 2 years) then go for it.

Meet with a college counselor if you have any good one's at your High School. I think you need to seriously re-think your priorities in life past football. Is the decision to try to play football and maybe sacrifice your education a decision that will affect you for the rest of your life? yes.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    MR Anderson:

I play WR

5' 9" 185 pounds?

35 pounds duvoldomo
    ;D

EDIT:

He said college, not the NFL.

Do a search to see how many collge players are 5'9".

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    You will not play D1 ball.
    They said the same thing to Rudy.
    Wake up, this is 2008.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast