Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Anyone into Genealogy?

I am getting into it as of late. Right now I am trying to track down the boat that my ancestors arrived on. There is a center of genealogy here in Utah that is the biggest in the world. It is run by the LDS church and it has so much information you could spend years in there tracking down your family.

I have census reports and other interesting things that I have found on my family. I’ve tracked down that my earliest relative to come to the united states must have arrived between 1846 and 1849. So now I am going through huge lists of boat names and rosters for that time frame.

My family lived in Illinois, Nebraska, and Missouri. They were German and were farmers. Turns out a large chunk of my family lived in Gage county Nebraska. If anyone is familiar with the area let me know. I

This isn’t a thread to brag about my ever so exciting Nebraskan German Farmer heritage, but just discussing a topic I find highly interesting. You really can trace your families’ steps way back. It’s like CSI work or something,.

If anyone is into this or is working on theirs and needs some paperwork or anything I can probably find what you are looking for in Salt Lake City. Let me know I will be heading that way in two weeks to spend the weekend there.

6-KINGS Guest

Re: Anyone into Genealogy?

I've never been into genealogy, but But I've seen her dog Astro..........

get it astro-ology............?
    hahahaha
    (chirp........chirp........chirp)
    ok then............

Tough crowd, I tell ya, tough crowd

I pretty much know my family history in America.
    My Great Grandparents(both sides came to America at the same time) arrive right after the civil war. From Ellis Island the went straight to Minnesota.
    Settled in the Willow River and Deluth. My uncle did play baseball with Babe Ruth though, his name was Lawernce Rosenthal, Kent Hrbek is a kin in this family line too. My 1st cousin Leonard Price was in the Minnesota Legislature and is a teacher I believe still in the Woobury are? wood something.
    And many other's
    My

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I am getting into it as of late. Right now I am trying to track down the boat that my ancestors arrived on. There is a center of genealogy here in Utah that is the biggest in the world. It is run by the LDS church and it has so much information you could spend years in there tracking down your family.

I have census reports and other interesting things that I have found on my family. I’ve tracked down that my earliest relative to come to the united states must have arrived between 1846 and 1849. So now I am going through huge lists of boat names and rosters for that time frame.

My family lived in Illinois, Nebraska, and Missouri. They were German and were farmers. Turns out a large chunk of my family lived in Gage county Nebraska. If anyone is familiar with the area let me know. I

This isn’t a thread to brag about my ever so exciting Nebraskan German Farmer heritage, but just discussing a topic I find highly interesting. You really can trace your families’ steps way back. It’s like CSI work or something,.

If anyone is into this or is working on theirs and needs some paperwork or anything I can probably find what you are looking for in Salt Lake City. Let me know I will be heading that way in two weeks to spend the weekend there.

I am into genealogy as well...I have traced several branches of my family back to Europe. Let me know if you need anything from the National Archives here in DC...they have all of the census records on microfilm and some ships manifests, etc. The Library of Congress also has a genealogy room that has all kinds of resources...it can get pretty addictive. I work on my genealogy sporadically...depends on how much time I have and if I get motivated to work on it or not on any given day. The Internet is a great resource as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Someone on my Moms side of the family that I have never met actually published a book on our geneology based around my great-grandmother who was a Delano. (FDR's first cousin). I have a copy of it and its pretty cool. It goes back to this guy named Phillip DeLeayno from 15th century France, which kind of pisses me off. My Dad's side is 100% Irish. Recently I found out that there is this whole Delayno Society of this guys decendants and they meet in Deleware every yeay. The wierd thing is that my Mom's side of the family lives in Maine, and the lady that runs this DeLayno Society lives like 15 minutes from where I grew up in Michigan... Small world...

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

who is Gene and why is there a science about him? j/k

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I am into genealogy as well...I have traced several branches of my family back to Europe. Let me know if you need anything from the National Archives here in DC...they have all of the census records on microfilm and some ships manifests, etc. The Library of Congress also has a genealogy room that has all kinds of resources...it can get pretty addictive. I work on my genealogy sporadically...depends on how much time I have and if I get motivated to work on it or not on any given day. The Internet is a great resource as well.
    I might take you up on that if I can't find what I am looking for. The resources here are massive as well. I haven't been able to go any further then Germany. Last week I found the documentation of what they changed my relatives names to when they came here. So I just barely got their real German names, I have to do some work on that.

6-KINGS Guest

Here I go on my own!
    Traveling down the only road i've ever known!
    Like a drifter i was born to walk alone
    But i've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time................

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I might take you up on that if I can't find what I am looking for. The resources here are massive as well. I haven't been able to go any further then Germany. Last week I found the documentation of what they changed my relatives names to when they came here. So I just barely got their real German names, I have to do some work on that.
    Del what part of Utah are ouy in I thought that you were in SLC I am headed up there in like 3 weeks but if you are taking names for search I would like to know about my family maybe I can get in touch with you or cajun and find something out about my family
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

The coolest thing that I did was to go back to France to the region where about half of my ancestors are from...didn't meet any distant cousins, but I got to stand outside the church where my ancestor was baptized in 1601...way cool!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

6-KINGS Guest

Cajun is French!
    French Cajun, I should have put it together.
    Darn!
    Oh that is the missing clue I needed about Ragin' Cajun.

:smile:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast