Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    This site is awesome for finding deep space images:

    http://hubble.nasa.gov/index.php

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  2. #12
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    I'm a bit of a novice space geek myself.

    This is about the most amazing story I've ever read about space. I'll provide the link, but in a nutshell; the hubble telescope made an 800 second exposure to what was once thought of as a blank spot in space 1/10 the size of a full moon from our view. This exposure took the Hubble 400 trips around the earth to complete.

    Within this one tiny blank spot in space they found there were 10,000 galaxies.

    And how puny and insignificant are we?

    here's the picture :

    and here's the link: http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/archive/releases/2004/07/image/a

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  3. #13
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,463

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    I love this site. I visit it at least once a week for the new pics.

    http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

    WWBGD

  4. #14
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    That's pretty awesome - amazing to know just what's out there for us should we ever be able to travel to distant star systems...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  5. #15
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    Cool video - I'd like to be weightless.

    [youtube=425,350]SmC2v4G5zq0[/youtube]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #16
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    I find space exploration facinating. I know we have gained from our explorations.
    We have much better weather forcasting with Nexrad and much better navigation with GPS.
    I have 200 digital quality TV channels despite living in the country.

    The only thing I can't figure out is why we would be arrogant enough to search for life on other planets when we haven't learned to be tolerant enough to live in peace, on our own planet !

    Are we searching for an intergalctic war?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #17
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I find space exploration facinating. I know we have gained from our explorations.
    We have much better weather forcasting with Nexrad and much better navigation with GPS.
    I have 200 digital quality TV channels despite living in the country.

    The only thing I can't figure out is why we would be arrogant enough to search for life on other planets when we haven't learned to be tolerant enough to live in peace, on our own planet !

    Are we searching for an intergalctic war?

    I love this stuff too...I think space exploration is critical to our survival, because it's quite evident that we as a civilization need to continue the search for more creatures in the universe whose asses we can kick.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  8. #18
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I find space exploration facinating. I know we have gained from our explorations.
    We have much better weather forcasting with Nexrad and much better navigation with GPS.
    I have 200 digital quality TV channels despite living in the country.

    The only thing I can't figure out is why we would be arrogant enough to search for life on other planets when we haven't learned to be tolerant enough to live in peace, on our own planet !

    Are we searching for an intergalctic war?

    I love this stuff too...I think space exploration is critical to our survival, because it's quite evident that we as a civilization need to continue the search for more creatures in the universe whose asses we can kick.
    lmao

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #19
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I find space exploration facinating. I know we have gained from our explorations.
    We have much better weather forcasting with Nexrad and much better navigation with GPS.
    I have 200 digital quality TV channels despite living in the country.

    The only thing I can't figure out is why we would be arrogant enough to search for life on other planets when we haven't learned to be tolerant enough to live in peace, on our own planet !

    Are we searching for an intergalctic war?

    I love this stuff too...I think space exploration is critical to our survival, because it's quite evident that we as a civilization need to continue the search for more creatures in the universe whose asses we can kick.
    lmao


    Aliens' Mount Rushmore?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  10. #20
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: For anyone interested in NASA and the Space Station...

    Yeah I am a nerd but hey it still can be a reality
    ;D

    [youtube=425,350]ZPn-lTytfGo[/youtube]

    [youtube=425,350]QGnTfg-MUhs[/youtube]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The world won't end in 2012, NASA argues
    By Bkfldviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM
  2. NASA launching Beatles tune into space
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
  3. NASA Needs Some Spelling Help
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
  4. Baby monitor picks up video from NASA
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
  5. Cool pictures from space courtesy NASA
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •