Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Is anyone here playing or will be playing college footba

Hey Chavous, I Googled you. Or should I say SS? :lol:

You have a killer last name for a football player, nice!

You guys had 7 in the All EDC Team. Man North sucks...good! I was a south side Fargo kid. Moved after 8th grade. I graduated a Spud though!

You have not told the members of PP.O your school name...I'll let you tell them. :lol:

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

You guys had 7 in the All EDC Team. Man North sucks...good! I was a south side Fargo kid. Moved after 8th grade. I graduated a Spud though!

You have not told the members of PP.O your school name...I'll let you tell them. :lol:
    I'm on google? Ultra I'm scared now, how did you find out my name and everything? :lol:

Well unfortunantly our team name is the Packers. But its cool I guess, our logo is a bull. We use to have a meat packing plant in fargo or something.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

No need, there is a certain football team to the east of minny with the same nickname as west fargo .... just a hint. :lol:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yes, its because of the meat packing plant. Kinda like the other Packers...sheep packing!

Ha ha!

Anyways, I knew you played for West Fargo, and I know your first name. So, I went to the school website and looked at the Varsity roster and you were the only guy that it could be. I searched the site and saw the articles that you were in and the All EDC team.

Good job my friend! Killer name!

If you guys think AJ Hawk has a cool name, wait until this kid hits it big time!

Good luck bro! I hope you are hitting the weights really hard now!

Re: Is anyone here playing or will be playing college football?

haha, yeah I just went to the school website and saw that.

Thanks ultra, lol, vikez likes my name to. And yeah I am hitting the weights harder than I ever have. This is my last football season in highschool and I have to make sure I make it a good one. I want to gain 30 pounds by next season so I can take on the big fat 300 pound lineman better next year. Man I can't wait for next football season.

Re: Is anyone here playing or will be playing college football?

I never read a lot of those articles. They are pretty cool. I did read this one though and this one was my fav.

"Roerich, looking for Bruns again, was picked off by a streaking S*** S*****, who stepped in front of the pass and returned it out to the West Fargo 40."

Del Rio Guest

Napo,

A lot of guys that go to Division III that actually make the leap to division I were good enough to be there and scouted enough to be there, but their grades were very poor.

So they enroll in a Div III program to up their GPA knowing that they will be moved over to Div I after they are eligible.

My story is strange in that I was supposed to play Div I and ended up in III. I tore up my knee skiing in my year between HS and college, I didn't have any scholorships or anything just a verbal agreement. When I wasn't able to uphold my end of the bargain I was sent packing. So I took up an offer for Div III.

The plays are just plays. It all depends on where you came from and where you went. I mean if you come from a school that only runs plays from the shotgun and then go to a school that runs option your going to have to work harder to learn it.

A lot of High Schools get their playbooks from colleges. I didn't notice that big of a difference. Of course I never had to run routes, but even the stuff I saw from opposing teams was pretty basic. There were at least three guys on my team that were scouted by Div I, 1 of them should be in the NFL imo and in fact did tryout for the chiefs and the broncos. He plays in Europe now.

If you haven't played for a few years I would invest all you had into Div III, but I'll tell you right now in order to make the jump you better be the best in the division or you better have an agreement with a Div I school prior to joining.

Of course another route is to pick a pretty low key Div I team and then try and walk on. You may have to red shirt a season, but if you get on at any position on the depth chart even practice squad you can work a deal for the future. If that doesn't pan out you can go on down to Div III. Many state schools take walkons even Div I

Also you can attend football camps, I went to so many of those damn things, you meet some great people, and some people who if you hit it off with can hook you up in the future.

SamDawg84 Guest

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    i play tight end. were do u go to hs, and wat position do u play?
    Awsome man. I go to highschool in west fargo. I play linebacker and started last year. I made the all conference team which was pretty sweet. Hopefully next year all state.

What kind of stats do you got? And how big are you?
    good thing i dont have to play u lol. ive lost more weight and maybe some strenght with it maybe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123