Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    Here's is an article on the world series of the sport!
    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/090105/K010502AU.html
    I had never read of it before.

    It involves putting ping-pong balls in the cups and then drinking the beer. Anyone here ever played it?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    Yup and I play it often. Big in the college scene.Tournaments are played all over the US.

  3. #3
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    Good game. Fun at house parties. Advice: Don't start playing once you are already drunk against someone who isn't that drunk. You get puke drunk.
    We're bringing purple back.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    We play it at our family reunion sometimes (no joke).
    Fun game if you are still young enough to drink that much...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    "gregair13" wrote:
    Good game. Fun at house parties. Advice: Don't start playing once you are already drunk against someone who isn't that drunk. You get puke drunk.
    Funny you should mention that, because that is my most vivid memory of Beer Pong.
    The last time I played it was against a fairly resilient fraternity guy who during our match took a "time out" walked out onto the nearby balcony puked over the railing into the hedges, and then walked back in and resumed playing.
    That is the kind of talent that it takes to be a serious Beer Pong player.
    That kid had potential.

    Ironically enough I was apparently involved in the infancy of the sport without even knowing it.
    I first heard of and played Beer Pong at Carnegie Mellon University in about 1989 or 1990, and the story says that it was started in the early 90's and the founding guys listed were from Carnegie Mellon University, so I might have been involved in its infancy.
    That is pretty cool.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    83

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    It's a lot of fun.
    We play it at parties all the time.
    It's a huge college drinking game.
    "When God was making defensive ends he made Jim Marshall first. Then everything else followed." -- Joe Kapp.

  7. #7
    Articnv's Avatar
    Articnv is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    use to play at phi kppa ta
    (sp) frat house in st cloud but with jose instead of beer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    "Articnv" wrote:
    use to play at phi kppa ta
    (sp) frat house in st cloud but with jose instead of beer
    hahaha!!! thats gross ...I will stick to beer

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    "Turboe" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    Good game. Fun at house parties. Advice: Don't start playing once you are already drunk against someone who isn't that drunk. You get puke drunk.
    Funny you should mention that, because that is my most vivid memory of Beer Pong.
    The last time I played it was against a fairly resilient fraternity guy who during our match took a "time out" walked out onto the nearby balcony puked over the railing into the hedges, and then walked back in and resumed playing.
    That is the kind of talent that it takes to be a serious Beer Pong player.
    That kid had potential.

    Ironically enough I was apparently involved in the infancy of the sport without even knowing it.
    I first heard of and played Beer Pong at Carnegie Mellon University in about 1989 or 1990, and the story says that it was started in the early 90's and the founding guys listed were from Carnegie Mellon University, so I might have been involved in its infancy.
    That is pretty cool.
    lol thats sweet Turboe....Never knew you were a beer pong pioneer

  10. #10
    Articnv's Avatar
    Articnv is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Anyone hear of "Beer Pong?"

    got u ppissdrunk and coupel games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Create a Ping Pong Smoke Bomb
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 08:47 AM
  2. Ping Pong Balls
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 04:38 PM
  3. Did I hear this right?
    By KWilliamsAWinfield in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 06:29 PM
  4. Matrix Ping Pong..anyone seen it? Coolest act ever!
    By PurpleManiac in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 04:32 AM
  5. Did ya hear about....
    By COJOMAY in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •