Space Coyote Guest

Anyone have a home studio for recording?

I haven't done any recording since my days with the roland 8-track and windows 95. I'm wanting to get any input I can on the best way to record on a medium budget. I'm looking to record at least 4 tracks at a time. I have wavelab and I think I can make a mix and maybe even master with that, but I'm not sure what the best way to actually record would be...

I have been looking at one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=121/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/240341/

If anyone has any assistance or advice to offer, let me know...

Thanks,
    Space

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Anyone have a home studio for recording?

i record from home.

i use a mackie mixer and take the out put and run it through the computer.

i use adobe audition and acid music. i usually use acid music to record the tracks and move them where i need them and do the mastering with audition. acid is relatively inexpensive and audition will run about 300$.

and that fostex that you are looking at looks pretty cool. cuts out the some of the middle man (pc software). the recordings i do are pretty quality, not perfect. but for what i do, make comedy songs, it works great.

check out packer-wuh?! on this site. PP.org in the music section. something small i did after killing the pack in the playoffs!

PA

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

PA...any new songs for the upcoming football season???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Can someone give my demo to Puffy?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    PA...any new songs for the upcoming football season???
    i am thinking about it....:grin: a rock song about Kleinsasser, cause that would be a cool person to sing about.

or maybe i'll write a Packer bashing song... but nothing is in the works just yet. though my magic eightball says i will start recording again.

here's puffy's phone number:

1-2P-DIDHE

Space Coyote Guest

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i record from home.

i use a mackie mixer and take the out put and run it through the computer.

i use adobe audition and acid music. i usually use acid music to record the tracks and move them where i need them and do the mastering with audition. acid is relatively inexpensive and audition will run about 300$.

and that fostex that you are looking at looks pretty cool. cuts out the some of the middle man (pc software). the recordings i do are pretty quality, not perfect. but for what i do, make comedy songs, it works great.

check out packer-wuh?! on this site. PP.org in the music section. something small i did after killing the pack in the playoffs!

PA
    Wow. I just visited your page on soundclick and I can't believe there is someone else who really likes Built 2 Spill. Grandaddy is way cool too.
    When you run the mixer to your comp, how does it connect? I have an older computer and I don't have a mic or line input.

Hey Space, I'm a fellow audiophile. I used to use a hardware 8 track with a Compact Flash card that hooked directly to a computer. I loved it, but then moved on to computer multi tracking. If you want it, I'll sell it to you for a reasonable price. I still have the original box, manual and CF card.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/240281/

mine is that exact machine but its Red.
    If not, i'd recommend getting an external sound card and getting a promo copy of Cubase or Acid off of Limewire. The promo is a fully working copy that they say you can use until you start making money off of your music.

I use an Emu SP12, A soundcraft 12 channel mixer, Focusrite Platinum Penta compressor, M-Audio external soundcard and 2 M-Audio Studiophile BX8 monitors.

Space Coyote Guest

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Hey Space, I'm a fellow audiophile. I used to use a hardware 8 track with a Compact Flash card that hooked directly to a computer. I loved it, but then moved on to computer multi tracking. If you want it, I'll sell it to you for a reasonable price. I still have the original box, manual and CF card.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=122/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/240281/

mine is that exact machine but its Red.
    If not, i'd recommend getting an external sound card and getting a promo copy of Cubase or Acid off of Limewire. The promo is a fully working copy that they say you can use until you start making money off of your music.

I use an Emu SP12, A soundcraft 12 channel mixer, Focusrite Platinum Penta compressor, M-Audio external soundcard and 2 M-Audio Studiophile BX8 monitors.
    That thing is cool. I would think about getting it, but I'm going to be recording live drums and I don't think I would be able to do it right unless I could record at least 4 tracks at the same time. I think I do need to get a soundcard or something like that though...