Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

ANYONE HAVE THIS?...

Good day, all!
    I was just wondering if any of you had/know someone who has/have ways of getting this book by Diana Hart. It's called "Under the Mat: Inside Wrestling's Greatest Family." I know it's been taken off the shelves after a lawsuit some years back, but hopefully, someone bought the book before it got pulled, and is WILLING to SELL it to me. I willing to pay a pretty penny for it.
    Thanks!
    BonoSugaRay
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Re: ANYONE HAVE THIS?...

Wish I could Help you, but i am curious, why was it pulled?

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNDER-THE-MAT-BY-DIANA-HART-WWE-BRETT-HARTS-SISTER_W0QQitemZ4624175251QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5 days left.
    good luck :]

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Here is a link to it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNDER-THE-MAT-BY-DIANA-HART-WWE-BRETT-HARTS-SISTER_W0QQitemZ4624175251QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks PurpleMafia

It was pulled because the author -Diana Hart -was said to have written some negative/untrue stuff about her family. She's the sister of ex-wrestlers Bret "Hitman" Hart and late Owen Hart...ex-wife of the late wrestler British Bulldog "Davey Boy Smith," and daughter of the late Mr and Mrs. Stu Hart. Bret Hart and Owen's widow took her to court to sue...it was decided to take the book off the shelves...before I had even heard about the book. Why, I wish I would've known before they pulled it. I would have definately bought it! From what I'm read throughout the years, the book is really, really good.

Thanks for the heads-up on ebay. I, however, already went there...someone has raised it to $20...I would have to bid no less than $21. Yikes! I said I was willing to pay a pretty penny, but $21? Where am I suppose to get that kind of loot-in-arc? For cryin' out loud, I work for the sports department of the Milw. Journal Sentinel...I'm not making Sean P. Diddy Combs kind of money.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Here's some info:

Another new autobiography that opens a pretty big can of worms is Diana Hart's Under The Mat: Inside Wrestling's Greatest Family. This eye-opening account takes the reader on a disturbing journey behind the scenes of the legendary but dysfunctional Hart wrestling family, and few are spared Diana's poisonous pen as she shares her family's closet full of skeletons with the world. Taking a particularly hard hit is brother Owen's widow, Martha Hart, who reportedly is filing a lawsuit against sister-in-law Diana for "inaccurate and irresponsible statements about her and her family." Wrote Martha in a press release: "The book is filled with distortions, misstatements and unjustified slurs that attempt to destroy the reputation of my family and me, and undermine the memory of Owen. I have no choice but to deliver a formal libel notice. If necessary, we will take further legal action to correct these distortions and vindicate our reputation."

Even Diana's mother, the late and revered Helen Hart, fails to escape unscathed, as her daughter candidly describes her battle with alcohol. As for her ex-husband, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Diana claims he raped her after doping her drinks. (An update on this lurid story: Only last week criminal charges against Smith for allegedly making physical threats against Bruce Hart, Diana's brother, were dropped. Smith now lives with Bruce's wife, Andrea Hart, which gives you an idea of the kind of material that's in the book). Only Diana's brother Owen and 86-year-old Hart family partriarch Stu come out of this one in relatively good shape.

The book, written by Diana Hart with Kirstie McLellan and published by Fenn Publishing Company, lists for $24.95.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Well then I guess you will have to keep looking.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Anyone in here have a way of copying it for me...all 200 pages? I'll pay a pretty penny.

Any other places on the web, I can go to bid/buy it? I've already checked om amazon.com...notta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast