Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

any furious Danes out there??

wondering if any danish vikings fans out there are as furious as i am over what is going on over in lebanon..who does these kinds of things over a simple little comic? its not like the comic was completely inaccurate..and the reaction by muslims to this is absurd..just wondering if anyone out there shares my opinion
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: any furious Danes out there??

I hear that Claire is pretty pissed about it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey Olson.

I also think they are overreacting. They burned the Danish embassy down, 'cause they heard some romours had it that Danish people burned the Koran in Copenhagen, which wasn't true.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's bizarre the way things have spiralled out of control on this, I'm amazed that most of them shown on TV even know where Denmark is let alone what the Danish flag looks like !
    I'm now waiting to see if things kick off in the UK this week. There was a protest march on Saturday in London and there were a lot of placards that could b deemed to 'incite violence'. Now it seems that the Police will be reviewing film of the protest with a view to possible prosecutions.
    So can guarantee that those involved will be championing their rights to free speech for this and yet don't believe that the cartoons published come under the rights to free speech -ironic or what ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i just saw something about the cartoon being shown in numerous countries around europe..this is going to be absolutely insane soon..those people are sickly obsessed with this whole deal which is really not a big deal at all to start with..theyre burning the norwegian embassy now in syria..its just rediculous..and they wonder why we make comics that show them terrorizing the world..going off and intending to kill danish and norwegian people over a cartoon? my god..
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

What comic/cartoon? :scratch:

A little background or info please, so we know WTF you're talking about.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I also agree that the people who have been rioting are also taking this way out of control. I understand their frustration and anger (after all, in their religion, Muhammed cannot be caricatured or symbolized in any way), but to resort to extreme violence and bloodshed over it is taking it way beyond protest if you ask me.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ranasrule is offline Rookie

the danes shouldnt have done what they did by printing those cartoons of the holy Prophet (PBUH)......i understand why my fellow muslim brothers are reactin the way they are even though i dont support their actions since they wont achieve anything by resorting to violence

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I can understand why the muslim people are mad, but as you say, nothing good comes from resorting to violence.. It was a mistake to publish picture that i which we could se Muhammad in negative situations(a picture was published with the profet with a bomb in his turban).. If you wanted to protest, the newspaper could have made pictures of the profet in positive situations instead..

But its going to far to burn down or embassys, buring our flag in the streets and burning pictures and dolls of our prime minister, remember HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. It has been clearly explained by the newspaper and by our primeminster on arabic television, how things work up in the north and yet it comes down to theese violent actions, that i dont understand.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I never realized how many Europeans we had on this tie before! It's like the PP.O United Nations! Only we get more done. :grin:

These people need to chill the hell out, IMO. As a Christian, do you have any idea how many riots I would have been involved in if every time someone made fun of Jesus in the media we rioted? I mean c'mon, turn on the television and you see Jesus and Pals on South Park, Jon Stewart making jokes about Jesus being a Republican, Stephen Colbert talking about there being "Jesi" because so many people pose as Jesus on magazine covers and movies and shows like The Book of David on broadcast TV! Then open up any newspaper published during the evolution vs. creationism trial and check out the cartoons parodying that controversy and all of the depictions of Jesus there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast