Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Another POTUS band update!

Yo guys..

I last left you off--

It was before the spring concert, where i was getting ready to accept the senior drum major for next year's marching band.

All that went dandy, but as you all know.. band never ends (not in texas at leat)

On saturday is the texas state solo and ensemble contest. i will be going on my memorized (french) horn solo. it's not very long, but it's really high (like as in the notes are really high)

You may also remember how a few weeks ago i got my braces taken off. for a brass player to get his braces off three weeks before a contest is like trying to get a deffensive tackle to play center the week before the super bowl, it can be done, but it takes a lot of work.

Well, a lot of practice has put me nearly... nearly back to normal. of course the only thing i need to get better is---- my high notes (of course, high notes, just like my solo)..

so wish me luck, and i'll comeback and update you all again.. until then, lets hope the bluebird of happiness drops a good run through to my judge on saturday
    i m better than you, so just give up...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Another POTUS band update!

Whack yourself in the balls just before...you will be sure to hit the high notes!!! :evil4: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hahahaha..

i'm not singing..

an instruement doesnt work the same as my vocal chords..

even if it did, i'm not sure i could take that one for the team

<excuse the double post>

so the sate solo contest was yesterday..

oh my was it fun..

my solo was mighty high up there, and i was afraid my notes wouldnt come out.. luckily they did, but unfortunately, i was focussing so hard on the high notes i forgot to so the easy stuff and bobles some easy runs

all in all, i'm dang proud of myself because less than a month ago i had my appendix taken out *cut right into my muscles i use to push air with*, and my braces taken off *which means i had to relearn how to play basically in a few week*

out of a I-V (one to five) rating system, with a I being the best, i got a II... not half bad.. beacuse its really really really hard to get a I at the state level, not even the first chair all state trombone player (who was in my band) could get a I at the state solo sontest..

next year though.. state solo contest watch out.. i'm coming for blood, since itll be my last time