Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Anna Nicole Smith's son dies visiting mom in hospital

This is a freaky story from cnn.com

Anna Nicole Smith's son dies visiting mom in hospital

NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) -- The 20-year-old son of Anna Nicole Smith died while visiting his mother in the hospital where the reality TV star and former Playboy playmate had given birth last week, a Bahamas police official said Monday.

Daniel Wayne Smith was visiting his mother in her room at Doctors Hospital in Nassau when he died Sunday, Reginald Ferguson, assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamian Police Force, told The Associated Press. He said an autopsy was under way.

Smith arrived Saturday night in the Bahamas, and apparently went directly to the hospital where he spent the night in his mother's room, Ferguson said.

"It would appear from our report that the mother had gotten up, saw him in the chair and he appeared to be sound asleep," he said. "She tried to wake him up, he was unresponsive, and she sounded the alarm."

Medical personnel arrived and pronounced him dead at the scene, Ferguson said.

Anna Nicole Smith, 38, gave birth to a healthy 6-pound, 9-ounce girl at the hospital Thursday, her Web site said.

"Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being," a statement on the site said. It said that drugs or alcohol were not believed to be a factor.

Her son had traveled to the Caribbean country "to share in the joy of his baby sister," the statement said. "Please do not make any press inquiries at this time so that Anna Nicole can grieve in peace."

Daniel Smith was the product of Smith's 1985 marriage to Billy Smith. The couple, who met while working together at Jim's Krispy Fried Chicken in Mexia, Texas, divorced in 1987.

Daniel Smith had small roles in his mother's movies "Skyscraper" and "To the Limit."

Robin Bonnema, a spokeswoman for Trimspa, the diet products company that has been endorsed by Smith, said she did not know the name of the baby girl's father.

Smith married Texas oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year.

She then feuded with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, over her entitlement to the tycoon's estate before he died in June at the age of 67.

In the long-running dispute, Smith had won a $474 million judgment, which was later cut to about $89 million and eventually reduced to zero. In May, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Smith could continue to pursue the fortune in federal courts in California despite a Texas state court ruling that Marshall's youngest son was the sole heir.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Anna Nicole Smith's son dies visiting mom in hospital

WOW...RIP little guy.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Wow thats crazy...I really wanna know how he died.Thats so crazy it was then and there.I mean shes crazy and all, but you dont wish this on nobody.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I lost a dear friend almost the same way, he was sleeping, woke up and his wife woke up, she asked what he was doing he said going for a drink of water...He got back to bed, went to sleep and died in his sleep...

He was only 27 years old at the time with a 1 year old sonl.
    Turned out to be an (spelling way off probably) anurism, a blood clot let loose and burst a major blood vessel in his brain...

Sounds like maybe the same type of death to me..

A little story about Jim (my dear friend) he was always a very good athlete, and his favorite sport was football and he was one hell of a QB...

We played almost 5 full seasons of Flag football together after our HS years...We grew up in different towns, so we didn't get to play HS games together, but we did play alot of Sunday mournings for pick-up games.....He was usually always picked to be a captain, and when he made his player picks, Jim would always take me as one of his top picks if not his first.

He once told me, Ned your the best dam lineman I've ever played with and I love to have you block for me, I always feel safe with you on my side....Probably the nicest thing he ever said to me.

At his funeral, his brother Bob said to me,
    Ned, my brother loved you and when ever we talked football, he would always talk about how much he loved playing with you.... I looked at him and said, yea I loved your brother also, and someday we will meet again, and I bet it's on a playing field in heaven where I'm blocking for him again......

Just thought I'de share that part of my life with you all...

PS:
    Funniest thing is, Jim was the biggest Packer Fan I know, but that never came between our friendship, just made it that much stronger really....

Rest in peace Jim.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I feel bad for him, but I would go crazy if she was my mother.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

that has to be a horrible way to die.
    We're bringing purple back.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

losing your son while having your daughter..

fucked up lady but sad for anyone..

ned, touching story, thanks for sharing it, and i too believe its not the last time you will see him

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I am not a fan of Nicole by any means, but this is terrible and I feel sorry for her and her family.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Has anything been released yet as to the cause of his death?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Lawyer Says Smith Tried to Revive Son

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=233948&GT1=7703

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast