Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Ann Coulter is a stupid bigoted biotch!

"Webby" wrote:
    Are we maintaining enough civility here?
    I am actually amazed at how well its going Webby.
    ;D

WWBGD

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"RK." wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Are we maintaining enough civility here?
    I am actually amazed at how well its going Webby.

;D
    Wait until tark comes back...LOL

I noticed that he hasn't made ONE single post on the Donnie Deutsche thread though...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    i find it hard to believe that you can surmise all that from her statements, but you can't see how people could find that offensive.
    I never said I didn't understand how people can find it offensive.
    I said that I thought that wasn't the right reaction to have in this case.

i think you are trying to hard to give credence to her statements.
    I also never said what she said was right.
    I only said that there were some ideas in there that are arguable - they aren't completely irrational hate speech as some suggest.

if she was saying all the things you claim she was trying to say, what prevented her from saying it.
    There could be several things.
    Maybe she's not good at expressing herself.
    Maybe it's harder to express yourself when you're on the spot on TV, rather than writing something out with time to think about what you want to say.
    Maybe the person she's talking to didn't give her a great chance to express herself well.

if it was someone else i'm not familiar with making outlandish statements about her superiority over others maybe i'd give you a break.
    but she does this all the time, it's probably outta of some form of insecurity anyway that she always has to exclaim her awesomeness
    I'm not particularly familiar with Ann Coulter, except that her reputation is as an offensive partisan.
    I think everyone needs to keep in mind the reliability and bias of their sources of information - whether it's Ann Coulter, a Texas school book, Wikipedia, or a scholarly article.

but don't justify her please, she really doesn't deserve it.
    That's fine.
    I'm not really tyring to defend her.
    I'm trying to defend her statement to a limited extent: only to suggest that it's not simply bigotted hate speech.
    I'm not trying to defend it by suggesting that her statement was correct.

As I suggested before though, the more important lesson from this is how people react to this, rather than the comments themselves.
    Until the audience for these types of personalities are gone, more will keep cropping up.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Barack Obama is offline Starter

I'd do her

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Barack" wrote:
    I'd do her
    An Obama supporter wanting to do Ann Coulter.
    I guess its true that politics makes strange bed fellows.
    ;D

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The saddest part about people like Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh etc is that while they claim to be Christians, I often wonder as I listen to them go off on their tangents whether they would act as they do and say what they say if Jesus was sitting in the same room as they are.

Having read the bible enough, I have yet to see a single verse where Jesus speaks to anyone in a condescending voice or belittles someone due to their thoughts. What I get from the bible and the things that Jesus did is that you are to be humble, help those in need, turn your cheek when you are struck and give the shirt off your back when someone needs it more than you. In the story where there was not enough food to go around, Jesus did not say to those who had no food "It sucks to be you, maybe you should go get a job instead of leaching off of me". Instead he did what he had to to make sure everyone was fed. Today in this country many of the things jesus did such as heal the sick for free, chasing the bankers out of the church, walking among the poor and giving them a helping hand etc are all considered liberal in todays world and things that Coulter's party go against every day in the laws they vote for and the lives they lead. The day they start to live their lives as Jesus did is the day they will have relevance in my opinion.
    So true, UffDa...so true!
    Those who hide under the cloak of religion are the BIGGEST hypocrites!
    They think if they make liberals look bad enough maybe nobody will notice that Jesus was a liberal himself.
    LMAO.
    OK, that is being pretty generous with the label.

Christ could not be labeled a liberal or a conservative by today's views.
    Pretty sure he didn't share a conservative view of tolerance, nor did he have the liberal views of abortion.
    Heck, in the time of Jesus, the death penalty was established by God, codified by the law, supported by Jesus Himself and sustained by the Apostle Paul.
    Hardly a "liberal" stance.
    Trying to apply our political definitions to a man who lived 2000 years ago is ridiculous.
    I'm just surprised they had to go back that far to find somone they felt good enough about to label as a liberal.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Overlord" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i find it hard to believe that you can surmise all that from her statements, but you can't see how people could find that offensive.
    I never said I didn't understand how people can find it offensive.
    I said that I thought that wasn't the right reaction to have in this case.

i think you are trying to hard to give credence to her statements.
    I also never said what she said was right.
    I only said that there were some ideas in there that are arguable - they aren't completely irrational hate speech as some suggest.

if she was saying all the things you claim she was trying to say, what prevented her from saying it.
    There could be several things.
    Maybe she's not good at expressing herself.
    Maybe it's harder to express yourself when you're on the spot on TV, rather than writing something out with time to think about what you want to say.
    Maybe the person she's talking to didn't give her a great chance to express herself well.

if it was someone else i'm not familiar with making outlandish statements about her superiority over others maybe i'd give you a break.
    but she does this all the time, it's probably outta of some form of insecurity anyway that she always has to exclaim her awesomeness
    I'm not particularly familiar with Ann Coulter, except that her reputation is as an offensive partisan.
    I think everyone needs to keep in mind the reliability and bias of their sources of information - whether it's Ann Coulter, a Texas school book, Wikipedia, or a scholarly article.

but don't justify her please, she really doesn't deserve it.
    That's fine.
    I'm not really tyring to defend her.
    I'm trying to defend her statement to a limited extent: only to suggest that it's not simply bigotted hate speech.
    I'm not trying to defend it by suggesting that her statement was correct.

As I suggested before though, the more important lesson from this is how people react to this, rather than the comments themselves.
    Until the audience for these types of personalities are gone, more will keep cropping up.
    webby this has been pretty civil.
    maybe thats an indication that we have better debate skills than the people they put on tv.

and i hear yah overlord, you are exactly right about audiences.
    my brother in law had some books of anne coultier so i've read plenty directly from her mouth, and of course her appearances on many a tv shows, so it's not like something someone told me about her.
    that's why just from my experience, liberal or not, she is not worthy.
    you are better served standing with your own argument than standing next to hers.
    i like to consider myself pretty open minded and recognize when people have a little niche in which they make money.
    but i truly believe she is a hateful person and represents the worst of whatever she gets clumped in with.
    that is the only reason why i say don't bother defending her.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The saddest part about people like Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh etc is that while they claim to be Christians, I often wonder as I listen to them go off on their tangents whether they would act as they do and say what they say if Jesus was sitting in the same room as they are.

Having read the bible enough, I have yet to see a single verse where Jesus speaks to anyone in a condescending voice or belittles someone due to their thoughts. What I get from the bible and the things that Jesus did is that you are to be humble, help those in need, turn your cheek when you are struck and give the shirt off your back when someone needs it more than you. In the story where there was not enough food to go around, Jesus did not say to those who had no food "It sucks to be you, maybe you should go get a job instead of leaching off of me". Instead he did what he had to to make sure everyone was fed. Today in this country many of the things jesus did such as heal the sick for free, chasing the bankers out of the church, walking among the poor and giving them a helping hand etc are all considered liberal in todays world and things that Coulter's party go against every day in the laws they vote for and the lives they lead. The day they start to live their lives as Jesus did is the day they will have relevance in my opinion.
    So true, UffDa...so true!
    Those who hide under the cloak of religion are the BIGGEST hypocrites!
    They think if they make liberals look bad enough maybe nobody will notice that Jesus was a liberal himself.
    LMAO.
    OK, that is being pretty generous with the label.

Christ could not be labeled a liberal or a conservative by today's views.
    Pretty sure he didn't share a conservative view of tolerance, nor did he have the liberal views of abortion.
    Heck, in the time of Jesus, the death penalty was established by God, codified by the law, supported by Jesus Himself and sustained by the Apostle Paul.
    Hardly a "liberal" stance.
    Trying to apply our political definitions to a man who lived 2000 years ago is ridiculous.
    I'm just surprised they had to go back that far to find somone they felt good enough about to label as a liberal.
    :P
    If you meant me when you said they, I don't think I fit either the liberal or conservative label very well. I think they both consider me a moderate

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    webby this has been pretty civil.
    maybe thats an indication that we have better debate skills than the people they put on tv.
    LMAO.
    No kidding.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, there's nothing like going to an NFL site to debate about politics and religion.
    It's kind of like going to a pbskids site to discuss nuclear physics.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast