Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Amero is coming!!

this isnt too bad..in canada, business suffers drastically when the american dollar goes down..several thousands of job cuts each time the american dollar drops..everybody stops shopping in canada, and makes all of their major purchases in the states, which poops on the economy..this would prevent that from happening, so id assume canada would want to be on board with this since the american dollar will not come close to regaining its value anytime soon
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Plus the coin carries more value

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.

=Z=
    i HATE coins..nothing worse than having some idiot give you back 18$ in loonies and toonies because he doesnt have bills

even in the states now, i put a 20$ in to get a light rail ticket at the minneapolis airport to get to the mall between flights, and it gives me back $18.50 all in coins..nothing more annoying
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i HATE coins..nothing worse than having some idiot give you back 18$ in loonies and toonies because he doesnt have bills
    Better than him offering you back-bacon.

=Z=

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

=Z=
    Their study tried to examine the life cycle of the coin dollar and the paper dollar (note) to determine if one was better for the environment. On the economic front: the dollar note costs 4 cents to produce with an average lifetime of 18 months. The dollar coin costs 8 cents with an average lifetime of 30 years.
    The coin is completely recycled into the production process after leaving circulation, where 90% of the dollar note is placed in landfill after leaving circulation and the other 10% is recycled as ROOFING SHINGLES!
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/lca_coins_notes.php

You win this round Zeus.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Eh im going to miss the dollar bill.

it was so cool.

upon further research, its clearly a great idea

reason for canada to support it:

One argument is that it would save up to $3 billion in currency transactions. The same authors also stated that Canada's GDP could rise by up to 33 percent in a 20-year period given the adoption of a single currency.

obviously there are alot of complicated barriers that make it extremely difficult to just make happen overnight, but its certainly something that should be strongly considered and adopted

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Their study tried to examine the life cycle of the coin dollar and the paper dollar (note) to determine if one was better for the environment. On the economic front: the dollar note costs 4 cents to produce with an average lifetime of 18 months. The dollar coin costs 8 cents with an average lifetime of 30 years.
    The coin is completely recycled into the production process after leaving circulation, where 90% of the dollar note is placed in landfill after leaving circulation and the other 10% is recycled as ROOFING SHINGLES!
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/lca_coins_notes.php

You win this round Zeus.
    Bwaaaahahahahaha!
    I'm free to continue making my nefarious plans!

=Z=

VIVA LA AMERO

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast