Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 212
  1. #11
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    this isnt too bad..in canada, business suffers drastically when the american dollar goes down..several thousands of job cuts each time the american dollar drops..everybody stops shopping in canada, and makes all of their major purchases in the states, which poops on the economy..this would prevent that from happening, so id assume canada would want to be on board with this since the american dollar will not come close to regaining its value anytime soon
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    Plus the coin carries more value

  4. #14
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.

    =Z=
    i HATE coins..nothing worse than having some idiot give you back 18$ in loonies and toonies because he doesnt have bills

    even in the states now, i put a 20$ in to get a light rail ticket at the minneapolis airport to get to the mall between flights, and it gives me back $18.50 all in coins..nothing more annoying
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.
    i HATE coins..nothing worse than having some idiot give you back 18$ in loonies and toonies because he doesnt have bills
    Better than him offering you back-bacon.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.

    =Z=
    Their study tried to examine the life cycle of the coin dollar and the paper dollar (note) to determine if one was better for the environment. On the economic front: the dollar note costs 4 cents to produce with an average lifetime of 18 months. The dollar coin costs 8 cents with an average lifetime of 30 years.
    The coin is completely recycled into the production process after leaving circulation, where 90% of the dollar note is placed in landfill after leaving circulation and the other 10% is recycled as ROOFING SHINGLES!
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/lca_coins_notes.php

    You win this round Zeus.



    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #17
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    Eh im going to miss the dollar bill.

    it was so cool.

  8. #18
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    upon further research, its clearly a great idea

    reason for canada to support it:

    One argument is that it would save up to $3 billion in currency transactions. The same authors also stated that Canada's GDP could rise by up to 33 percent in a 20-year period given the adoption of a single currency.

    obviously there are alot of complicated barriers that make it extremely difficult to just make happen overnight, but its certainly something that should be strongly considered and adopted
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  9. #19
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    i don't get why they'd make it in all coin currency, considering coins are more expensive to produce
    How very short-term of you.
    Coins last many many many many many many many many many times longer than paper money, so - in the long run - a dollar coin would "pay" for itself time and time again over its useful life.
    Their study tried to examine the life cycle of the coin dollar and the paper dollar (note) to determine if one was better for the environment. On the economic front: the dollar note costs 4 cents to produce with an average lifetime of 18 months. The dollar coin costs 8 cents with an average lifetime of 30 years.
    The coin is completely recycled into the production process after leaving circulation, where 90% of the dollar note is placed in landfill after leaving circulation and the other 10% is recycled as ROOFING SHINGLES!
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/lca_coins_notes.php

    You win this round Zeus.
    Bwaaaahahahahaha!
    I'm free to continue making my nefarious plans!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #20
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    VIVA LA AMERO

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First Day of Cut Coming- Who is gone?
    By nephilimstorm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
  2. Air Powered Car Coming Soon
    By SKOL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 09:27 AM
  3. You Had To Know This Was Coming!
    By sleepagent in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
  4. The Germans are coming...TheGermans are coming...
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  5. The hits keep on coming
    By mark in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •