Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212
  1. #101
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "C" wrote:
    No kidding... it's going to hell, and fast. I'm giving it 5 years.

    CNN is reporting today that the level of AIDS in some black communities in the US rival some African nations...
    Shame there's not a readily available and cheap method for preventing the transmission of AIDS.

    Sorry - but in this day and age, I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who get AIDS through sexual contact.
    If you can't put a condom on your cock to save your life, then the world is probably a better place w/out you.
    Black, white, yellow, brown, red, whatever color you are - that's just fucking stupid.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #102
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm curious as to how the Patriot Acts have directly placed a negative impact on your life.
    Hell how about anybody you personally know or have ever met?
    What damage did it do to their way of life?
    On my life? Hasn't yet... although, the Nazi's used a similar tactic before the outbreak of WWII, where they had most of Germany believing they were under surveillance... when in actuallity, it was only 1-2% of the population. It's all about keeping the nation in fear.

    But there are countless people being held with no trial and no evidence.

    It doesn't have to happen directly to you for it to be a crime against humanity.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #103
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm curious as to how the Patriot Acts have directly placed a negative impact on your life.
    Hell how about anybody you personally know or have ever met?
    What damage did it do to their way of life?
    On my life? Hasn't yet... although, the Nazi's used a similar tactic before the outbreak of WWII, where they had most of Germany believing they were under surveillance... when in actuallity, it was only 1-2% of the population. It's all about keeping the nation in fear.

    But there are countless people being held with no trial and no evidence.

    It doesn't have to happen directly to you for it to be a crime against humanity.
    Evidence?
    In a land of 280 million, give me just a handful of the COUNTLESS people being held with no trail and no evidence, being denied jurisprudence and otherwise not being allowed to exercise their rights as American citizens.


    I'm BEGGING you to back up your prattle with something other than "Because I wrote it on the Internet!"

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #104
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    Come on guys why are you fighting? do i have to get the time out chair?

  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm curious as to how the Patriot Acts have directly placed a negative impact on your life.
    Hell how about anybody you personally know or have ever met?
    What damage did it do to their way of life?
    On my life? Hasn't yet... although, the Nazi's used a similar tactic before the outbreak of WWII, where they had most of Germany believing they were under surveillance... when in actuallity, it was only 1-2% of the population. It's all about keeping the nation in fear.

    But there are countless people being held with no trial and no evidence.

    It doesn't have to happen directly to you for it to be a crime against humanity.
    Evidence?
    In a land of 280 million, give me just a handful of the COUNTLESS people being held with no trail and no evidence, being denied jurisprudence and otherwise not being allowed to exercise their rights as American citizens.


    I'm BEGGING you to back up your prattle with something other than "Because I wrote it on the Internet!"

    =Z=
    Pretty sure that information would be classified. But it's well known that there are many people being held at Gitmo without any sort of trial scheduled... and they are American citizens.

    If you don't want to believe it, then don't read it... but here's some info you mind like:

    NPR: The Patriot Act: Alleged Abuses of the Law

    Patriot Act: Don’t worry about abuse; worry about incompetence

    A report released Friday by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General reviewed the use of the USA Patriot Act in the case of Oregon lawyer Brandon Mayfield, who was wrongfully accused of involvement in the 2004 Madrid train bombings. It found that incompetence, not abuse per se, led to Mayfield’s prosecution.

    I first brought you this story back in January, when the inspector general released a summary of the full report (PDF) which came out this Friday. In it, inspector general Glenn A. Fine found that the use of the Patriot Act “amplified the consequences” of the FBI’s misidentification of a latent fingerprint as belonging to Mayfield, when in fact it did not.



    The full report provides many new details about the treatment of Mayfield, who was the subject of surveillance and secret searches before he was hurriedly arrested in response to media leaks about the case. FBI examiners had wrongly identified a fingerprint found on a bag of detonators as Mayfield’s and then resisted the Spanish police’s conclusion that the print belonged to someone else, according to the report.



    The report acknowledges that there was an “unusual similarity” between the fingerprints, confusing three FBI examiners and a court-appointed expert. But Fine’s office also found that FBI examiners failed to adhere to the bureau’s own rules for identifying latent fingerprints and that the FBI’s “overconfidence” in its own skills prevented it from taking the Spanish police seriously.



    The details of the missteps, Fine said in a statement, “are important to understanding the causes of the FBI Laboratory’s misidentification of the fingerprint and the reasons for the changes we recommend in the laboratory’s practices.” — Washington Post

    It also said that because Mayfield is a Muslim and an attorney who represented defendants with suspected ties to terrorism, FBI agents were reluctant to consider that they might have made a mistake in their identification. That’s right, bigotry! Let’s just come out and say what really happened.

    The report also said that national security letters were used in Mayfield’s case, the exact number having been redacted, and that “several” of them were used to obtain the records of people other than Mayfield.

    Don’t you feel safer now that we know we have have bigoted FBI agents who can’t do their jobs properly because of it? Don’t you sleep more soundly knowing that if one of them decides they don’t like you, you could find yourself accused of a crime you didn’t commit? This is the Patriot Act you asked for, in the hands of government, which is incompetent at its best, and malicious at its worst.
    But... now you'll probably just ask for more evidence or just criticize my spelling... so whatever.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    There's no difference, they're all in bed together. Kerry and Bush were fraternity brothers at Yale.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/02/60minutes/main576332.shtml

    Doesn't matter who goes in office... Dem or Rep.
    Yes, it does...this time at least.
    The next Prez gets to pick one or maybe two Supreme Court justices.
    If a Republican is elected, it will significantly throw off the delicate balance that exists in the Court at present.
    Do we really want a Scalia-led majority trampling all over our civil rights?
    Not me.
    After the Court is rebalanced, the Republicans can win the next two elections for all I care.
    Although the biggest, or at least the most obvious issues would be (in my mind) abortion and 2nd ammendment issues. I'm not a woman, so I hold no position on the 1st and as a "gun nut," I seriously doubt even very liberal judges could effectively erase my rights there. So maybe gay couples get to marry. None of my business. I'm a registered (I) so the difference will not be real great for me either way. By the way, I firmly believe the Free Masons run the joint. Many of you may be Masons, secretly monitoring the net. Goodell is a Mason. So is Belicheat. That's probably not true, but who knows? See, could be. Why else is belicheat free and clear while the 'Vikes may lose picks over favre. Hmmmmmmmm?
    Tuco the world.....

  7. #107
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    There's no difference, they're all in bed together. Kerry and Bush were fraternity brothers at Yale.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/02/60minutes/main576332.shtml

    Doesn't matter who goes in office... Dem or Rep.
    Yes, it does...this time at least.
    The next Prez gets to pick one or maybe two Supreme Court justices.
    If a Republican is elected, it will significantly throw off the delicate balance that exists in the Court at present.
    Do we really want a Scalia-led majority trampling all over our civil rights?
    Not me.
    After the Court is rebalanced, the Republicans can win the next two elections for all I care.
    Although the biggest, or at least the most obvious issues would be (in my mind) abortion and 2nd ammendment issues. I'm not a woman, so I hold no position on the 1st and as a "gun nut," I seriously doubt even very liberal judges could effectively erase my rights there. So maybe g*y couples get to marry. None of my business. I'm a registered (I) so the difference will not be real great for me either way. By the way, I firmly believe the Free Masons run the joint. Many of you may be Masons, secretly monitoring the net. Goodell is a Mason. So is Belicheat. That's probably not true, but who knows? See, could be. Why else is belicheat free and clear while the 'Vikes may lose picks over favre. Hmmmmmmmm?
    I am also a registered (I), which is exactly why I want to keep the balance and am not opposed to eventually having a Republican back in the White House the next time around (to balance out the Democratic Congress).
    Too much power EITHER WAY only has bad consequences for the most part (though the respective parties never feel that way when it is in their favor).
    Belicheat is free because Goodell has his head so far up Kraft's ass that he risks a broken neck if Kraft changes direction too quickly.
    Goodell owes Kraft his job, literally.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #108
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm curious as to how the Patriot Acts have directly placed a negative impact on your life.
    Hell how about anybody you personally know or have ever met?
    What damage did it do to their way of life?
    On my life? Hasn't yet... although, the Nazi's used a similar tactic before the outbreak of WWII, where they had most of Germany believing they were under surveillance... when in actuallity, it was only 1-2% of the population. It's all about keeping the nation in fear.

    But there are countless people being held with no trial and no evidence.

    It doesn't have to happen directly to you for it to be a crime against humanity.
    Evidence?
    In a land of 280 million, give me just a handful of the COUNTLESS people being held with no trail and no evidence, being denied jurisprudence and otherwise not being allowed to exercise their rights as American citizens.


    I'm BEGGING you to back up your prattle with something other than "Because I wrote it on the Internet!"

    =Z=
    Pretty sure that information would be classified. But it's well known that there are many people being held at Gitmo without any sort of trial scheduled... and they are American citizens.

    If you don't want to believe it, then don't read it... but here's some info you mind like:

    NPR: The Patriot Act: Alleged Abuses of the Law

    Patriot Act: Don’t worry about abuse; worry about incompetence

    A report released Friday by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General reviewed the use of the USA Patriot Act in the case of Oregon lawyer Brandon Mayfield, who was wrongfully accused of involvement in the 2004 Madrid train bombings. It found that incompetence, not abuse per se, led to Mayfield’s prosecution.

    I first brought you this story back in January, when the inspector general released a summary of the full report (PDF) which came out this Friday. In it, inspector general Glenn A. Fine found that the use of the Patriot Act “amplified the consequences” of the FBI’s misidentification of a latent fingerprint as belonging to Mayfield, when in fact it did not.



    The full report provides many new details about the treatment of Mayfield, who was the subject of surveillance and secret searches before he was hurriedly arrested in response to media leaks about the case. FBI examiners had wrongly identified a fingerprint found on a bag of detonators as Mayfield’s and then resisted the Spanish police’s conclusion that the print belonged to someone else, according to the report.



    The report acknowledges that there was an “unusual similarity” between the fingerprints, confusing three FBI examiners and a court-appointed expert. But Fine’s office also found that FBI examiners failed to adhere to the bureau’s own rules for identifying latent fingerprints and that the FBI’s “overconfidence” in its own skills prevented it from taking the Spanish police seriously.



    The details of the missteps, Fine said in a statement, “are important to understanding the causes of the FBI Laboratory’s misidentification of the fingerprint and the reasons for the changes we recommend in the laboratory’s practices.” — Washington Post

    It also said that because Mayfield is a Muslim and an attorney who represented defendants with suspected ties to terrorism, FBI agents were reluctant to consider that they might have made a mistake in their identification. That’s right, bigotry! Let’s just come out and say what really happened.

    The report also said that national security letters were used in Mayfield’s case, the exact number having been redacted, and that “several” of them were used to obtain the records of people other than Mayfield.

    Don’t you feel safer now that we know we have have bigoted FBI agents who can’t do their jobs properly because of it? Don’t you sleep more soundly knowing that if one of them decides they don’t like you, you could find yourself accused of a crime you didn’t commit? This is the Patriot Act you asked for, in the hands of government, which is incompetent at its best, and malicious at its worst.
    But... now you'll probably just ask for more evidence or just criticize my spelling... so whatever.
    After everything I have said about making yourself unreliable as a source, you post a link from something called "www.homelandstupidity.us".
    Had you just posted the npr link you would have been fine.
    But you always have to take it one step further...

    Now, instead of making a good point, it becomes just another one of your conspiracy posts...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #109
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    There's no difference, they're all in bed together. Kerry and Bush were fraternity brothers at Yale.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/02/60minutes/main576332.shtml

    Doesn't matter who goes in office... Dem or Rep.
    Yes, it does...this time at least.
    The next Prez gets to pick one or maybe two Supreme Court justices.
    If a Republican is elected, it will significantly throw off the delicate balance that exists in the Court at present.
    Do we really want a Scalia-led majority trampling all over our civil rights?
    Not me.
    After the Court is rebalanced, the Republicans can win the next two elections for all I care.
    Although the biggest, or at least the most obvious issues would be (in my mind) abortion and 2nd ammendment issues. I'm not a woman, so I hold no position on the 1st and as a "gun nut," I seriously doubt even very liberal judges could effectively erase my rights there. So maybe g*y couples get to marry. None of my business. I'm a registered (I) so the difference will not be real great for me either way. By the way, I firmly believe the Free Masons run the joint. Many of you may be Masons, secretly monitoring the net. Goodell is a Mason. So is Belicheat. That's probably not true, but who knows? See, could be. Why else is belicheat free and clear while the 'Vikes may lose picks over favre. Hmmmmmmmm?
    I am also a registered (I), which is exactly why I want to keep the balance and am not opposed to eventually having a Republican back in the White House the next time around (to balance out the Democratic Congress).
    Too much power EITHER WAY only has bad consequences for the most part (though the respective parties never feel that way when it is in their favor).
    Belicheat is free because Goodell has his head so far up Kraft's jiggly butt that he risks a broken neck if Kraft changes direction too quickly.
    Goodell owes Kraft his job, literally.
    Interesting, you can register Independent in your state?
    Is that considered the same as No Party, or is it considered an actual political party?

    In North Dakota, we do not have voter registration.
    So I guess we are all independents.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #110
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Amero is coming!!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    After everything I have said about making yourself unreliable as a source, you post a link from something called "www.homelandstupidity.us".
    Had you just posted the npr link you would have been fine.
    But you always have to take it one step further...

    Now, instead of making a good point, it becomes just another one of your conspiracy posts...
    What's your point? Is the Drudge Report any less reliable because it has the word "Drudge" in the title?

    I think you need to pay attention to the information (which is true) and less about the URL... You're very smart, but you really miss the point a lot.

    Hell, you're on a website called Purple Pride... I guess every post you write is wrong/untrue, using your logic of course.


    In all honesty, it's pretty sad that that's all you have... I mean, you want to live in a bubble where you don't have to accept reality and everything is just "Peachy!!!"

    "Oh look at the URL... it's got a funny word in it... I'll just ignore facts and simply go on with my life"



    Sad.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First Day of Cut Coming- Who is gone?
    By nephilimstorm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
  2. Air Powered Car Coming Soon
    By SKOL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 09:27 AM
  3. You Had To Know This Was Coming!
    By sleepagent in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
  4. The Germans are coming...TheGermans are coming...
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
  5. The hits keep on coming
    By mark in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •