Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Americas Got Talent - Figure this one out

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You people are all wrong. He REALLY cuts the guy in half and then puts him back together. Any dummy could see that.
    duh were talking about how paula abduls face still mves(barely) after being cut open for surgery so many times
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.
    Ask and ye shall receive... ;D

I haven't seen this before, but I have some observations.

Obviously the original upper is not real.
    They kept most of "his" face hidden by a mask for the entire time - which makes sense because facial features and responses are the hardest to mimic.
    I would suspect that the upper torso is just an animetronic, and the lower torso has someone in it.

If you notice, the lower torso is the exact same height as the little person you see at the beginning, but not the end.

And when they flip the upper torso to "reattach" it, the lower torso rolls over on its back as well, even though both the doctor and assistant are touching the upper torso only.

Of course at the end, the body is rather animated, even wiggling his fingers and running offstage, so I am still pretty impressed with the trick.
    It would be fun to figure it out...

I agree about the bottom half...it's a "little person" (pc) in there...you can see a lump on the left leg which is probably his head.

But I think the top half is also real. Didn't you ever see those guys who get around on a board with wheels, or this guy below who actually played football.

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You people are all wrong. He REALLY cuts the guy in half and then puts him back together. Any dummy could see that.
    Then what happened to the blood?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    The saw was electric with that auto cautorizererer thingey.
    Possibly had the another option of super sucker which took care of the rest of the blood that might have been missed by the thingey. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.

They kept most of "his" face hidden by a mask for the entire time - which makes sense because facial features and responses are the hardest to mimic.
    I would suspect that the upper torso is just an animetronic, and the lower torso has someone in it.

If you notice, the lower torso is the exact same height as the little person you see at the beginning, but not the end.

And when they flip the upper torso to "reattach" it, the lower torso rolls over on its back as well, even though both the doctor and assistant are touching the upper torso only.

Of course at the end, the body is rather animated, even wiggling his fingers and running offstage, so I am still pretty impressed with the trick.

I agree about the bottom half...it's a "little person" (pc) in there...you can see a lump on the left leg which is probably his head.

But I think the top half is also real. Didn't you ever see those guys who get around on a board with wheels, or this guy below who actually played football.

I think your right!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I wish Penn and Teller would come on the show and do some Chris Angel debunking for fun.
    Penn and Teller are THE LEADERS of magic.
    Those guys rock.

Oh wait they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTmEVFL_NA&feature=related

I love those guys

"Schutz" wrote:
    I wish Penn and Teller would come on the show and do some Chris Angel debunking for fun.
    Penn and Teller are THE LEADERS of magic.
    Those guys rock.

Oh wait they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTmEVFL_NA&feature=related

I love those guys
    There was a guy in a black mask on TV this fall who showed how a bunch of these things are done.
    Wildman told me he has been on a couple of times now.
    Maybe this will be one of those that he shows us the solution.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LOL.

I think your right!

Here's one from Criss Angel with the same concept.

[youtube=425,350]nIEC-cXBhxA[/youtube]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Possibly had the another option of super sucker which took care of the rest of the blood that might have been missed by the thingey. :
    It was actually a lightsaber. But his jedi mind tricks made us think it was a chainsaw

DUH

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It was actually a lightsaber. But his jedi mind tricks made us think it was a chainsaw

DUH
    Damn, I should have known that.
    ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12